• 39(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
(2013-12-11, 18:31)NewJerseyNinja Wrote: Hello Again,

I've been using this addon for a while (V2.0.5) and it works great with the Gotham nightlies so far.

A major issue for me is that I'm using an HDHomeRun Prime and TVGuide will force my Mythtv Backend to stop recording when I use TVGuide to tune a channel.

Is there a way to set a tuner preference in TVGuide, or is this a function of the HDHomeRun live streaming server to always use the lowest number tuner available (tuner0) ?

That's a function of your strm files. You'll see the link to your HDHomeRun in the strm file like so:

Code:
hdhomerun://10360C16-0/UNC-TV?channel=auto:25&program=3

10360C16-0 is tuner0 and 10360C16-1 is tuner1, etc.

(Note the example above is taken from a Dual, but I assume it's the same on the Prime)
(2013-12-11, 19:03)tknorris Wrote:
(2013-12-11, 18:31)NewJerseyNinja Wrote: Hello Again,

I've been using this addon for a while (V2.0.5) and it works great with the Gotham nightlies so far.

A major issue for me is that I'm using an HDHomeRun Prime and TVGuide will force my Mythtv Backend to stop recording when I use TVGuide to tune a channel.

Is there a way to set a tuner preference in TVGuide, or is this a function of the HDHomeRun live streaming server to always use the lowest number tuner available (tuner0) ?

That's a function of your strm files. You'll see the link to your HDHomeRun in the strm file like so:

Code:
hdhomerun://10360C16-0/UNC-TV?channel=auto:25&program=3

10360C16-0 is tuner0 and 10360C16-1 is tuner1, etc.

(Note the example above is taken from a Dual, but I assume it's the same on the Prime)

Thanks for your help. I also have an HDHR dual but I am not currently using.

I wasn't using .strm files for the HDHRPrime, one special feature for the HDHRPrime is that it has a built-in DLNA server to stream channels. Trouble is I don't know how to prevent MythTV from losing control or losing the "Lock" on a tuner that is in use.
Hi,

First of all thanks for a grate addon! I have 2 questions:

1) What are max logo dimensions ?
2) What's naming convention for logos ?

Thanks,
Artur
is there some easy way to get this addon to work with the StreamTvBox addon? I'm one of those poor bastards who discovered offside streams one day after the registration closed..
Hi Tommy

Great App. Could you please update it so when choosing yousee fuldpakken it also uses the last channels from yousee Web-tv.

Now there are only the standard 8 channels to choose from.

Thanks for youre work

EDIT: found out i Could add channels as favorites in Web-tv and Then select Them as channels in tv-guide.
This app has great potential.
I followed the directions by Trigrhappy for getting the guide information however the USTVNOW streams do not work. I have tried to use the individual strm files as well as the incorporation of ustvnow into the plugins list. Neither method results in opening the addon. I get the same message that Shoryukeith had on on page 56 of this forum "Playlist. Can't find a next item to play".

Can someone please point me in the right direction to fix this issue?

Thanks
KWMA01
I found the answer to my problem. I replaced the default.py file in the ustvnow addon with the file that i found in post 234 by Syborg.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=ustvnow

I was then able to link the strm files to the channels in the TV Guide add on.
I would like to request the following feature:

I would like to be able to navigate the channel guide by entering the numbers. For example, I currently navigate the addon by using the Channel + and Channel - buttons. I would like to be able to navigate the channel guide by entering the channel. For example, entering the numbers 8,1,3 would bring me to channel 813.
Hi,
what is the maximum size of the channels icons?
thanks.
(2013-12-01, 16:49)DixieDean Wrote: Well that's to do with the hoster of the stream... there's no 'dynamic' way to do that as far as I know in TV Guide.

I do the same as you (put the stream url into addons.ini)Huh

Having said that, I am trying to work out a method where TV Guide could parse a xml playlist as a url or a file (like LiveStreams does).
And then have a way to link to a channel in the EPG.

Even then I feel if the stream url changes (or dies) you would still need to do some editing.

It's all just a theory at the moment. lol

Cheers

Rich

DIXIE good idea !Wink
hello..

i need some help..

i want a tv guide on my htpc but i realy don't know what i need and how to do it..

can someone please explain it to me in noobish language? Wink
to remove 'opening stream' message use this patch
Code:
import os #on begining

def playChannel(self, channel):
        self.currentChannel = channel
        wasPlaying = self.player.isPlaying()
        url = self.database.getStreamUrl(channel)

if os.path.isfile(url):  #this 2 lines
            url = open(url).read()# are patch

if url:
            if url[0:9] == 'plugin://':
                if self.alternativePlayback:
                    xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.RunPlugin(%s)' % url)
                elif self.osdEnabled:
                    xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia(%s,1)' % url)
                else:
                    xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia(%s)' % url)
            else:
                self.player.play(item=url, windowed=self.osdEnabled)

if not wasPlaying:
                self._hideEpg()

threading.Timer(1, self.waitForPlayBackStopped).start()
        self.osdProgram = self.database.getCurrentProgram(self.currentChannel)

return url is not None
tested on polnish tv plugin
Does anyone know how to make the TVguide open the channel into fullscreen mode? I currently click on the preview window which works but my wife does not like doing this.

It works fine on the first click however it will only preview the next channels unless I click on the preview.

Any help would be appreciated.
kwma01
Hi I can see in the changelog on GitHub that there is a version 2.1.1 that sorts out the red tint in Gotham but if I try and download it I just get the old 2.0.1 with a green tint. Is there a way to get 2.1.1 yet? Thsnks
Hi, you can get the 2.1.1 version in my beta-repository at the moment: http://tommy.winther.nu/xbmc/
It fixes the red tint problem on Gotham as well as a couple other improvements / fixes.
I plan to submit the new version to the official repo in a day or two.

Br.
Tommy
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11