• 5(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
Lunatixz Wrote:This is a system resource issue... Not a script issue. How are you switching back and fourth between channels? Are you stopping your feed or changing focus to tvguide while a channel is playing?

I'm entering the script while the video's still playing. I'm sure it's a system issue, it happens when I enter other addons that don't show a video background as well for some reason.

Would you be able to make the background transparent? Would definitely fix the issue Smile

Thank you
grope Wrote:I'm entering the script while the video's still playing. I'm sure it's a system issue, it happens when I enter other addons that don't show a video background as well for some reason.

Would you be able to make the background transparent? Would definitely fix the issue Smile

Thank you

Yeah I'm going to release a generic skin... that includes a transparent background...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Just whipped up a skin for metropolis for those that are interested in this great xmltv addon. Just replace the default skin (...\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide\resources\skins). Wink
TV Guide_skin.metropolis

updates,
the problem is more clear to me. Actually it may not be a problem. Simply there is no program to display.
I've been really impressed with the TV Guide addon. I noticed the slowdown when using a large XMLTV file (about 550 channels with seven days of data) and did some work to speed up the loading over the past week.

My changes are available here: https://github.com/timpinkawa/script.tvguide
  • Average scroll load time between pages is now < 1 second with approximately 51,000 TV programs loaded.
  • When you return from live TV to the EPG, the EPG will remember your scroll position.
  • Allows time localization (12 hour and 24 hour clock)

I hope to eventually merge these changes back into Tommy's repo. I would advise backing up your source.db file if you've done a lot of custom channel mapping, since the database schema is now slightly different. For the time being you have to re-apply any custom URLs.

Also at the moment, this will only work with XMLTV since I haven't had a chance to port some of the other sources over to the new API yet.

Other than that, it should work with existing skins and XMLTV files. Let me know if there is any feedback.

Thanks!
Hi timpinkawa,
Sounds great. I'll take a look at your changes before I do my next round of updates. No reason to implement the same things twice Smile

Br.
Tommy
I just tried timpinkawa's changes and they work great! I can't wait for this to be merged with Tommy's repo. This has become a truly great addon recently. Once Lunatixz gets the Neon skin finished I'm going to be in hog-heaven!

This is probably a stupid question, but where are you guys getting the channel logo's. I haven't tried to set them up yet, but I have some free time today and I'm going to try to start figuring it out.

Thanks again guys!
Just tried out tim's new file. Have the XML file configured in the addon settings but when I enter TVGuide, no channels show up.
grope Wrote:Just tried out tim's new file. Have the XML file configured in the addon settings but when I enter TVGuide, no channels show up.
same..
Thanks for the feedback!

At the moment if you happen to jump to the TV Guide very quickly before the channel list is cached, you may see a blank channel list. Try backing out of TV Guide, then opening it up again and see if that helps. A fix for that is next on my to-do list. If that still doesn't solve it, an attached XMLTV file would be greatly appreciated to see if I can reproduce it on my end.
Balthazar Wrote:I just tried timpinkawa's changes and they work great! I can't wait for this to be merged with Tommy's repo. This has become a truly great addon recently. Once Lunatixz gets the Neon skin finished I'm going to be in hog-heaven!

This is probably a stupid question, but where are you guys getting the channel logo's. I haven't tried to set them up yet, but I have some free time today and I'm going to try to start figuring it out.

Thanks again guys!

OK, so i found the channel logos I need, but what do i need to name them? I've tried naming them exactly like the display names from my xmltv file(ie "3 KSNLLD"). Do I need to name them like the channel id?
timpinkawa Wrote:Thanks for the feedback!

At the moment if you happen to jump to the TV Guide very quickly before the channel list is cached, you may see a blank channel list. Try backing out of TV Guide, then opening it up again and see if that helps. A fix for that is next on my to-do list. If that still doesn't solve it, an attached XMLTV file would be greatly appreciated to see if I can reproduce it on my end.

Nope, still no luck. It comes up with a blank message with only an "ok" option, then nothing shows up no matter how long I wait

This is the XML I'm using

Also, would anyone know how to get the listings for Fox Poland?
Balthazar Wrote:OK, so i found the channel logos I need, but what do i need to name them? I've tried naming them exactly like the display names from my xmltv file(ie "3 KSNLLD"). Do I need to name them like the channel id?

I haven't tried it on my end, but per the source code, it's looking for the name as it shows up in the EPG with a mandatory .png extension. In your case it looks like it would be "3 KSNLLD.png".
timpinkawa Wrote:I haven't tried it on my end, but per the source code, it's looking for the name as it shows up in the EPG with a mandatory .png extension. In your case it looks like it would be "3 KSNLLD.png".

Thank-you Tim! I have them saved as .jpg files (forehead slap). When all else fails read the source code Smile
grope Wrote:Nope, still no luck. It comes up with a blank message with only an "ok" option, then nothing shows up no matter how long I wait

This is the XML I'm using

Also, would anyone know how to get the listings for Fox Poland?

I'm seeing a "file not found" message on that link.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11