• 6(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
Sorry this should work
Balthazar Wrote:Thank-you Tim! I have them saved as .jpg files (forehead slap). When all else fails read the source code Smile

Celebrated too soon. Saved the logos as .png files, but it still doesn't work. I also tried the suggestion in post #44, but that didn't work either. Anyone have any ideas?

BTW my logo files are 264x198 pixels. Is that acceptable or do they need to be resized?
grope Wrote:Sorry this should work

Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce the issue you're having. When I pointed TV Guide at your file, all the channels and listings showed up. Which version of XBMC are you using? Does Tommy's original TV Guide work for you?

My build info: XBMC (11.0-BETA3 Git:Unknown), Platform: Linux (Ubuntu 11.10, 3.0.0-16-server x86_64). Built on Feb 7 2012

I could be wrong, but I don't think TV Guide supports XBMC 10.1 "Dharma" builds.
Using Win 7, the original one works fine, on Eden Beta 3

Not sure what the issue is

I'll try and get a log up tomorrow when I get some more time
I was having troubles getting the epg to show up as well, now i have it working but when i link a .strm file to an epg channel it wont start!!!Oo i cant seam to get it working i have had it working before.. and i have reinstalled but still no joy not sure what else to try...
timpinkawa Wrote:I've been really impressed with the TV Guide addon. I noticed the slowdown when using a large XMLTV file (about 550 channels with seven days of data) and did some work to speed up the loading over the past week.

My changes are available here: https://github.com/timpinkawa/script.tvguide
  • Average scroll load time between pages is now < 1 second with approximately 51,000 TV programs loaded.
  • When you return from live TV to the EPG, the EPG will remember your scroll position.
  • Allows time localization (12 hour and 24 hour clock)

I hope to eventually merge these changes back into Tommy's repo. I would advise backing up your source.db file if you've done a lot of custom channel mapping, since the database schema is now slightly different. For the time being you have to re-apply any custom URLs.

Also at the moment, this will only work with XMLTV since I haven't had a chance to port some of the other sources over to the new API yet.

Other than that, it should work with existing skins and XMLTV files. Let me know if there is any feedback.

Thanks!

EPG is faster but i'm having rendering issues... Buttons missing, Channel Icons doubling...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
torran1 Wrote:I was having troubles getting the epg to show up as well, now i have it working but when i link a .strm file to an epg channel it wont start!!!Oo i cant seam to get it working i have had it working before.. and i have reinstalled but still no joy not sure what else to try...

delete all files in tvguide appdata, then let it rebuild your cache...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
For those having issues, can you please post more info about your setup? To quote the timeless developer adage, "it works on my machine". Wink

So far, based on grope's issues, it seems that this might be a Windows-specific problem. Unfortunately at the moment I only have a Linux machine to test on, but if someone can post an xbmc.log I might be able to determine why it's not working. Is anyone experiencing problems on Linux?

I also made a fairly extensive checkin today, so please make sure you have the latest code.

And finally, if you happen to be sharing your XBMC data folder (where source.db is stored) over a network file share, that would be very handy to know, since it may be causing SQLite locking issues.
Looks like a great plugin. Any chance you could add UK support with this source?

http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/channels.dat Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
I've managed to get tim's file to work and it is a lot quicker, so thanks for that

tji100, read the 2nd post, you can make an XML file with them channels with mc2xml Smile

-edit- I've found out the only way to get it to work is to install it again fresh, put the logos and xml file in and restart the program. Then if I want to make any changes I have to reinstall the whole program again
Yes I see that but this requires an additional scheduled task on another machine to periodically update the XML which I don't have permanently running on my network. I had hoped it might be fairly simple to link your plugin to the radio times live feed and cut out this additional step - making it particularly suitable for my ATV2 installation. Of course, I understand this might be a very specific request just for my particular circumstances but you can always ask!
Hi tji100, the file you link to only contains the channels. no program / epg data afaict.
grope Wrote:I've managed to get tim's file to work and it is a lot quicker, so thanks for that

tji100, read the 2nd post, you can make an XML file with them channels with mc2xml Smile

-edit- I've found out the only way to get it to work is to install it again fresh, put the logos and xml file in and restart the program. Then if I want to make any changes I have to reinstall the whole program again

Can you explain more about which changes you're making that require a reinstall? TV Guide should automatically re-cache on each XBMC startup when your XMLTV file changes (and is newer than the old file). At the moment if you manually clear the cache, you will need to restart XBMC to re-cache the EPG, but I am working on fixing that limitation in the near future.
timpinkawa Wrote:Can you explain more about which changes you're making that require a reinstall? TV Guide should automatically re-cache on each XBMC startup when your XMLTV file changes (and is newer than the old file). At the moment if you manually clear the cache, you will need to restart XBMC to re-cache the EPG, but I am working on fixing that limitation in the near future.

If I change the xml, nothing happens no matter if I remove the cache or restart xbmc, it just loads the first xml i put in

Also, if I don't put the logo folder in at the same time as the initial xml file straight after install then it won't display any logos (no matter how many times I try and delete the cache/change xml)
Hello Timpinkawa,thank you for the very important update!

Did also have problem loading a custom xmltv file,so maybe its a windows problem only.

Now,the page channels loads with a amazing super speed. Nod
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11