• 9(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
The 12-hour format is included in the next version. I hope to have it ready some time this week, but I keep finding minor annoying things I need to fix Smile
I'll take a look at the reload things, I have already changed it a lot though.
I'm having a problem where the xml file won't load, it says calculating time left then 'It was not possible to load the program data, please try again later..." pop up appears.

Have to quit out of xbmc and reload the xml about 5 times to get it work for some reason
that sounds like a parsing error in the xml. there should be a backtrace in the xbmc.log file.
could it be that the xmltv file was being generated while you try to load it in xbmc or something like that?
I think it's about time for a new test release. There is still some minor stuff I need to figure out, but I would like some feedback on the state of things as it is right now.

If you have been using git or the previous test version you need to delete the source.db file in ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.tvguide/ otherwise the database will be in an incorrect state.

The changes in this version are:
- Added new source for ONTV.dk Pro customers
- Added slide-out controls to ease navigation with mouse
- Fixed problem with international characters in (custom) stream URLs
- Changed notifications to notify both 5 mins before program start and on program start
- Changed source data to actually be loaded in a separate thread and added option to cancel

and pretty much a rewrite of the focus selection when you navigate from button to button.

You can download the release from my repo here:
http://tommy.winther.nu/xbmc/
I haven't gotten much feedback, but I also don't have any issues on my todo list anymore, so I have decided to release v1.3.0 of the tv guide.
Only minor changes since v1.2.91 anyway.
You can download the release here: http://tommy.winther.nu/xbmc/zip.php?add...pt.tvguide

I will submit it to the official repo shortly..
"Oops, sorry about that!
It was not possible to load program data,
please try again later..."

in v1.3 plugin stop working with xmltv file generated by epguide:

18:54:08 T:6456 NOTICE: [script.tvguide] Caching XMLTV file...
18:54:08 T:6456 NOTICE: 64448
18:54:08 T:5168 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
18:54:08 T:5168 ERROR: File "C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide\source.py", line 224, in updateChannelAndProgramListCaches
18:54:08 T:5168 ERROR: [channel, program.title, program.startDate, program.endDate, program.description, program.imageLarge, program.imageSmall, self.KEY, updatesId])
18:54:08 T:5168 ERROR: IntegrityError: foreign key constraint failed

xmltv file: http://pastebin.com/072d7hvU
Hi l0b0,
Yes, it's because your xmltv file contains the channel information after all the programs.
Is it possible to change this in the epguide program you use?

Alternatively you can delete line 111 in source.py in the addon:
self.conn.execute('PRAGMA foreign_keys = ON')

You should be able to import the data, but I'm not sure about the side effects, so I don't recommend doing it, but it could be interesting as a quick test.

Br.
Tommy
No, i cant change it in epguide application (http://code.google.com/p/epguide). TVGuide v1.2 reading this file. Right now, i deleted line 111 and works fine.
My XBMC setup updates the TV guide addon from 1.2.2 to 1.30 and stopped working. A bit of digging into the log file revealed that it was failing with this error:

File "/home/wayneh/.xbmc/addons/script.tvguide/source.py", line 433, in Source
@buggalo.buggalo_try_except({'method' : 'source.playThread'})
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'buggalo_try_except'

I took a look at the buggalo.py file in .xbmc/addons/script.tvguide and sure enough it didn't have it. But there was also the directory .xbmc/addons/script.module.buggalo which has a buggalo.py file in the lib subdirectory -- and it did have the buggalo_try_except. I renamed the buggalo.py file in .xbmc/addons/script.tvguide to buggalo.py.old, deleted the .pyc file and copied the .xbmc/addons/script.module.buggalo/lib/buggalo.py file over. Woo hoo, TV Guide works again.
XBMC Eden / Maverick Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10)
Acer AspireRevo 3610 (Atom N330/ION/4GB RAM+500GB HD), PS3 BD Remote, HDMI to Vizio M320VT
Hello twinther, I love your addon (thank you). but I am having a start error with v.1.3.0 which gives me script failed: addon.py error message.
I was using the prior test version with complete success. Here is my xbmc log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1159
Just did the same as Silverlock just posted and it fixed my problem also. "replacing the buggalo.py"
Thanks, Silverlock.......
Thanks for your feedback, I think I figured it out now. It looks like there is a packaging error with the zip file on mirrors.xbmc.org.
The buggalo.py file is not supposed to be in the zip, so you can just delete it inside the script.tvguide folder and you should be good to go.

I will release an update soon with some minor fixes as well, it should fix the problem l0b0 is experiencing as well.

Br.
Tommy
@twinther

Any chance you can point me in the direction of a XBMC build that has the removeControls method in the WindowXML class?

I know it isn't your fault (I've read the trac report) but the redraw rate on Eden release is rather slow!
(2012-04-05, 11:47)spoyser Wrote: @twinther
Any chance you can point me in the direction of a XBMC build that has the removeControls method in the WindowXML class?
I know it isn't your fault (I've read the trac report) but the redraw rate on Eden release is rather slow!

I don't know if a nightly build exists yet. I compile it myself on Linux. the redraw is almost instant so it is worth the effort Smile
(2012-04-05, 12:24)twinther Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 11:47)spoyser Wrote: @twinther

I don't know if a nightly build exists yet. I compile it myself on Linux. the redraw is almost instant so it is worth the effort Smile

Thought you might say that Confused

Can you point me to the source code, do you know which DLL the fix resides in as I as thinking I could just overwite that one file (once I've built it)?

(I can't believe the XBMC developers released Eden with this issue in it, especially when they were aware of it and had fixed it!)

I'm so close to getting this running... either that, or I'm lying to myself. Every time I launch XBMC and then the TV Guide, I receive the "oops... not possible to load program data..." and some similar errors to l0b0 (but not quite the same):
Code:
09:27:56 T:4640   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
09:27:56 T:4640   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\John Q. Public\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide\source.py", line 202, in updateChannelAndProgramListCaches
09:27:56 T:4640   ERROR:     for item in self.getDataFromExternal(date, progress_callback):
09:27:56 T:4640   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\John Q. Public\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide\source.py", line 688, in getDataFromExternal
09:27:56 T:4640   ERROR:     result = Program(channel, elem.findtext('title'), self._parseDate(elem.get('start')), self._parseDate(elem.get('stop')), description, imageSmall=icon)
09:27:56 T:4640   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\John Q. Public\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide\source.py", line 742, in _parseDate
09:27:56 T:4640   ERROR:     dateStringWithoutTimeZone = dateString[:-6]
09:27:56 T:4640   ERROR: TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable
09:27:56 T:4640   DEBUG: [script.tvguide] Unable to update caches: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable
09:27:56 T:4640  NOTICE: [script.tvguide] Scheduling notifications

09:28:10 T:5028   ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\John Q. Public\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide
09:28:10 T:5028   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
Is this the same problem, or something new? Any advice? Thanks!
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11