• 3(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
Majide Wrote:No one! I'm download xmltv file direct from rytec (http://www.xmltvepg.be), but this provider is in other timezone from me Sad

Google XMLTV wiki use their utility to change timezone Big Grin
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
torran1 Wrote:Would it be possible to incorporate tvcatchup?

Or other plugins like livestreams...
torran1 Wrote:Or other plugins like livestreams...

What is it your trying to do?

Tvguide is a EPG not a stream player...
Why would you want to incorporate livestream with this program?
if your answer is for EPG info on livestream content, how would this work?
Livestream is a collection of various internet streams; their is nothing unified about its collection! Where would you get the programming info?
Smile 
Lunatixz Wrote:What is it your trying to do?

Livestream is a collection of various internet streams; their is nothing unified about its collection! Where would you get the programming info?

I really just wanted a response for tvcatchup and that is on selecting a program on the tv guide say for example bbc one it opens the bbc one stream... and obviously i would have to grab the info from xmltv grabber myself Big Grin
torran1 Wrote:I really just wanted a response for tvcatchup and that is on selecting a program on the tv guide say for example bbc one it opens the bbc one stream... and obviously i would have to grab the info from xmltv grabber myself Big Grin

I'm so confused here, lol... You want to launch a strm file from the tvguide epg?
if so this is already part of the program...

If you have a list of strms; lets say one of live-stream xml's...
you can open the xml... copy and paste say a single stream for BBC One... Place it in a .strm file (open it in xbmc make sure it plays) then add it to a BBC One channel in the EPG.
Would it be possible to incorporate alternative listings, like for ESPN, NFL Network, Sky Sports, BBC etc?

Thanks
jurm Wrote:Would it be possible to incorporate alternative listings, like for ESPN, NFL Network, Sky Sports, BBC etc?

Thanks

If the channel info is available through a XMLTV grabber, Yes...

If you don't mind me asking what do you mean by alternative listings?
are you trying to get EPG info for a website?
Alternate listings as in just different to the ones that are already pre-configured in the plugin

I have TitanTV set up with about 11 (primarly ESPN, ESPN2, NFL Net, Fox, NBC, CBS etc), channels I frequently watch, would there be a way of importing these into the plugin?
Lunatixz Wrote:What is it your trying to do?

Finally decided to register here, been lurking for years and used XBMC since the XBOX.

I have got this working with my HDHomerun and livestream strm files. The trick is to find which provider has the channels you are streaming find which channel numbers they are and adding them to the chl file. The xml file can be made of several different channel lists/sources. It was complicated at first, but the mc2xml has to be run in command line to add the strings for all the different options.
I am still working on getting all livestreams working with their correct time zone, when I do I will post something(unless this is against rules?)
@twinther, are you working on optimizing the EPG data loading quicker? I have to limit my listings to 6 hours, and it still takes 5 seconds per page (until every channel has been scrolled through). I know it's not my PC, WMC guide loads just fine. Not a dealbreaker, love the plugin, just needs some polish.Big Grin
spyder Wrote:Finally decided to register here, been lurking for years and used XBMC since the XBOX.

I have got this working with my HDHomerun and livestream strm files. The trick is to find which provider has the channels you are streaming find which channel numbers they are and adding them to the chl file. The xml file can be made of several different channel lists/sources. It was complicated at first, but the mc2xml has to be run in command line to add the strings for all the different options.
I am still working on getting all livestreams working with their correct time zone, when I do I will post something(unless this is against rules?)
@twinther, are you working on optimizing the EPG data loading quicker? I have to limit my listings to 6 hours, and it still takes 5 seconds per page (until every channel has been scrolled through). I know it's not my PC, WMC guide loads just fine. Not a dealbreaker, love the plugin, just needs some polish.Big Grin

Glad to hear your getting it working... but what I meant by using livestream feeds is not that it's impossible (its very possible)...its just a collection of feeds from different timezones, which makes creating an xml file for it impractical! You would have to create mulitple xml grabbers for each timezone then merge the data into one xml file. If you ask me that's way to much work with little outcome...

If you have any questions feel free to ask...
Lunatixz Wrote:Glad to hear your getting it working... but what I meant by using livestream feeds is not that it's impossible (its very possible)...its just a collection of feeds from different timezones, which makes creating an xml file for it impractical! You would have to create mulitple xml grabbers for each timezone then merge the data into one xml file. If you ask me that's way to much work with little outcome...

If you have any questions feel free to ask...

It will take some time to set it up, I tried 2 different sources (DISH/OTA), made a chl and a database file(forget the extension), then create a .bat file with all the commands in it and set a schedule for it to run in the background. Hardest part is finding the right listings, after that it's easy(until one of the .strm files goes dead)Eek
spyder Wrote:It will take some time to set it up, I tried 2 different sources (DISH/OTA), made a chl and a database file(forget the extension), then create a .bat file with all the commands in it and set a schedule for it to run in the background. Hardest part is finding the right listings, after that it's easy(until one of the .strm files goes dead)Eek

That's exactly why I don't bother... Sure it would be nice to get a few more live channels using livestreams; but from my experience I know those streams won't last long... You should look at ustvnow streams, they are low quality and all from the same timezone... most important they last...
first off, good job on a great little addition!!

i have it set up with a bunch of live tv streams that i wanted to have with epg data. getting the data wasn't too hard once i figured mc2xml out Huh the only minor problem i'm having is with icons. are there any specific rules that need to be followed? i've tried the different names in the xmltv.xml and both jpg/png, but none show up.

my quick 2 cents on live streams: they're a nice little bonus the internet provides (especially if you're abroad). they're free and thus depend on people putting them on the net and maintaining them at the risk of possible prosicution. also the options for keeping them up and running 24/7 are limited. i'd say enjoy the free stuff and if you want better selection, join one of the countless forums out there on the topic and see if you can find any people willing to host a stream 24/7. stop asking our danish friend for additions to his program that were never intended in the first place or if you really want this or that addition write a similar program with your additions. i'm sure he'd gladly help you out.

as said at the beginning i like this nifty little addition to xbmc
mange tak skal du ha' !!
If you change line 451 in source.py as follows:
Code:
451c451
<             if channel.find('icon'):
---
>             if channel.find('icon') != None:

then it picks up the channel icon definitions from an xml file properly. Prior to making this change I was only getting the channel names displayed.
XBMC Eden / Maverick Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10)
Acer AspireRevo 3610 (Atom N330/ION/4GB RAM+500GB HD), PS3 BD Remote, HDMI to Vizio M320VT
thatguy7669 Wrote:first off, good job on a great little addition!!

i have it set up with a bunch of live tv streams that i wanted to have with epg data. getting the data wasn't too hard once i figured mc2xml out Huh the only minor problem i'm having is with icons. are there any specific rules that need to be followed? i've tried the different names in the xmltv.xml and both jpg/png, but none show up.

my quick 2 cents on live streams: they're a nice little bonus the internet provides (especially if you're abroad). they're free and thus depend on people putting them on the net and maintaining them at the risk of possible prosicution. also the options for keeping them up and running 24/7 are limited. i'd say enjoy the free stuff and if you want better selection, join one of the countless forums out there on the topic and see if you can find any people willing to host a stream 24/7. stop asking our danish friend for additions to his program that were never intended in the first place or if you really want this or that addition write a similar program with your additions. i'm sure he'd gladly help you out.

as said at the beginning i like this nifty little addition to xbmc
mange tak skal du ha' !!

I have nothing against livestreams... but without proper hosting its a crap shoot if it will work or not...
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11