• 4(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
Silverlock Wrote:If you change line 451 in source.py as follows:
Code:
451c451
<             if channel.find('icon'):
---
>             if channel.find('icon') != None:

then it picks up the channel icon definitions from an xml file properly. Prior to making this change I was only getting the channel names displayed.

What source are you using?
as far as i'm aware logos display correctly... just make sure whatever folder the logos are in that they are labeled with the correct channel name.

BTW if your using my skin I have two versions posted one displays logos one doesn't...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hi, just wanna say this is an excellent plugin

Do have a query though, can I get one TV listing with a mix of UK & US listings instead of having to switch XML files?

Also, is there any way to make the background transparent so i can carry on watching whatever's playing while looking at the guide?

Thanks again, brilliant addon
jurm Wrote:Hi, just wanna say this is an excellent plugin

Do have a query though, can I get one TV listing with a mix of UK & US listings instead of having to switch XML files?

Also, is there any way to make the background transparent so i can carry on watching whatever's playing while looking at the guide?

Thanks again, brilliant addon

I could work on a transparent background...

Yes you can mix xmltv.xml files, I recommend you google xmltv wiki... download their project. There you can merge xml files and then validate them to make sure they are correctly joined...
Lunatixz Wrote:What source are you using?
as far as i'm aware logos display correctly... just make sure whatever folder the logos are in that they are labeled with the correct channel name.
The part of the code that looks for a png in the logo folder is okay but I'm not using that. It's the next if that was failing for me.

I'm using an xmltv.xml file from my MythTV setup. It has an <icon src="path_to_a_channel_logo_jpg" /> for each channel and points to the icon file that was set up in MythTV. It's "if channel.find('icon'):" that was failing for me, where it looks for the icon node in the xmltv.xml file.

You can see the difference in this example:

Original if:
Code:
>>> from xml.etree import ElementTree
>>> doc = """<?xml version="1.0" ?>
... <tv>
...   <channel>
...     <display-name>2.1 Channel</display-name>
...     <icon src="/home/user/Videos/icons/channel.jpg" />
...   </channel>
... </tv>"""
>>> xml = ElementTree.fromstring(doc)
>>> for channel in xml.findall('channel'):
...   if channel.find('icon'):
...     print channel.find('icon').get('src')
>>>

With "!= None"
Code:
>>> from xml.etree import ElementTree
>>> doc = """<?xml version="1.0" ?>
... <tv>
...   <channel>
...     <display-name>2.1 Channel</display-name>
...     <icon src="/home/user/Videos/icons/channel.jpg" />
...   </channel>
... </tv>"""
>>> xml = ElementTree.fromstring(doc)
>>> for channel in xml.findall('channel'):
...   if channel.find('icon') != None:
...     print channel.find('icon').get('src')
/home/user/Videos/icons/channel.jpg
>>>
XBMC Eden / Maverick Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10)
Acer AspireRevo 3610 (Atom N330/ION/4GB RAM+500GB HD), PS3 BD Remote, HDMI to Vizio M320VT
@ Lunatixz
i'm using the version from the repos with aeon nox.

@ Silverlock
tried your tip...no dice. i'll see what else i can do.

@ jurm
i have my xmltv.xml setup with uk/us listings.
what i did was:

1. download mc2xml:get it here

2. follow the instructions for obtaining the xmltv files (for the uk i used option 18 for general sky satellite and for the us the option for directv us-general-listings).

3. be sure to make a channels list (mc2xml.chl) so it doesn't download channels you don't want.

4. run it once for each epg service.

5. after the first run, rename the generated mc2xml.dat file to uk/us.dat

6. after the second run, copy the contents of the first .dat file into the second mc2xml.dat file and run mc2xml again

7. check the xmltv.xml for any duplicate channels and copy the id of the channels you don't want into mc2xml.chl with a "-" in front of them

8. if you have channels in mc2xml.chl with a "-", run mc2xml for the fourth (and i promise, the last) time

9. point tvguide to the xmltv.xml file and enjoy us/uk tv with epg Smile

if mc2xml tells you there is no new data, use the -f option and if you don't want numbers in front of the channel names, use the -F option.
Thanks a lot lunatix and thatguy
Has anyone tried this on ATV2. I am not able to see the characters, only the channel logo.
And the up/down arrow buttons are translated to page up/down (instead of up/down).
On normal laptop, it works fine for me though.
ed2k Wrote:Has anyone tried this on ATV2. I am not able to see the characters, only the channel logo.
And the up/down arrow buttons are translated to page up/down (instead of up/down).

Sorry I don't use apple tv so I have no way to test it...
ed2k Wrote:Has anyone tried this on ATV2. I am not able to see the characters, only the channel logo.

What skin are you using? Is it working with the default confluence skin?
I'll see what I can do about the up/down arrows, but I don't have an ATV2 either..

Br.
Tommy
Ive been running tvguide on atv2 with all the recent versions of Eden and its working just fine, with the mapping to strm files combined with xmltv its a very nice webtv solutionSmile

Keep up the good workSmile
Question for Lunatixz:

Any chance of a Neon skin in the future?

By the way, thank you guys for this addon, it is perfect for simply watching live TV without the hassle of TVheadend and PVR builds!
Balthazar Wrote:Any chance of a Neon skin in the future?

Once I get the other two skins finished I'll work on a Neon skinCool
Lunatixz Wrote:Once I get the other two skins finished I'll work on a Neon skinCool

Thank you for this addon

You think you could get a background with the video playing/a small screen in the corner to continue watching or something?

The audio/video stutter for me while I'm looking at the guide
Lunatixz Wrote:Once I get the other two skins finished I'll work on a Neon skinCool

Thanks Man!
grope Wrote:The audio/video stutter for me while I'm looking at the guide
This is a system resource issue... Not a script issue. How are you switching back and fourth between channels? Are you stopping your feed or changing focus to tvguide while a channel is playing?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11