• 14(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
I installed the TVGuide under XBMCBuntu on my laptop and am not sure if this SMB menu issue is XBMC or the guide. When I select SMB for the path to the xmltv file I can select the workgroup then the server but it does not let me drill down to any shares to get to my tvguide.xml file. Normally I would edit the settings.xml file but it appears the path may be in the .db file. I sure I could mount the share in samba but I should be able to get to the drive with the XBMC menu as adding video and music sources allowed me to get to them.

Thanks,
Ken
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
(2012-06-25, 14:06)CrimsonGT Wrote: Thanks for the help guys Smile After what was recommended, I now have this setup and working beautifully. I used mc2xml along with post #50, and put each stream in an individual file, and I couldn't be more pleased.

*Edit*

Hmm, I am using the exact instructions in #50, but Option 18 (sky satellite) doesn't seem to pull the EPG Data from the Sky Movie Channels HD, FX HD, MGM HD, and MTV Live HD. I am inclined to just set those to pull from the SD listings, but as I am OCD, just curious if anyone else has/had this issue?

Hey Crimson

could you please share your XML file
Nice one, but i can notice fps drops, compare to livestream addon, here looks like a jitter all the time...any clue why?

Im on atv 2
(2012-06-27, 03:21)Stop Wrote: Nice one, but i can notice fps drops, compare to livestream addon, here looks like a jitter all the time...any clue why?

Im on atv 2

Hi stop

Yes I had the same issue live stream works great on my atv2 but tv guide I get this strange fast play every other second it's like the frames are trying to catch up

how ever tv guide on my iPad and on pc work great it's just bad comapatble for apple tv which is a shame

Sorry another issue on iPad is you can not scroll down to see the rest of the menu nor can you exit the app you have to complete kill xbmc just to get out of tv guide

See reall as far as I am concerned for iPad and apple tv it's a no go

Any one can suggest a fix for the lag on apple tv or for a skin for the iPad to make it compatable would be much appreciated
how can i get the tv guide from weeb.tv?? is that even possible??
(2012-06-27, 03:21)Stop Wrote: Nice one, but i can notice fps drops, compare to livestream addon, here looks like a jitter all the time...any clue why?

Im on atv 2

I'm not sure why it doesn't plays fluently, but I know what causes it.
When I added the "set top box interface" where you can get OSD info while watching a channel, I switched to playing the video as part of the skin instead of fullscreen.

You can force it to play fullscreen, but replacing the instance of
self.player.play(item = streamUrl, windowed=True)
with
self.player.play(item = streamUrl)

There are a couple of places in source.py where this needs to be changed.

I'll probably add a setting in a future release so you don't have to edit the py files..

Br.
Tommy
hi tommy i have sent you a pm could you please check it and get back to me thanks
Hi Dgreenman,

I don't know how XBMC captures gestures, anyone have some tips?

Have you tried two-finger scrolling?
I implemented mouse scrolling some time ago, can you fake a mouse movement somehow? If so you should see the mouse controls bar pop-up near the bottom of the screen.

Br.
Tommy
H tommy

in regards to tv guide on ipad 2
i tried two finger scrolling and nothing happens one finger can sroll the list you can viw on that page then when on the last viewable one where it should start scrolling the highlight goes back to the top and flickers even though my finger is at the bottom of the page

i can not find any way to get the bottom navigation menu to pop up so therefore i am limited to that first page and have no way to get out of it other than killing xmbc

also once a channel is set there is no method to changing the stream file if need be

any help on this will be much appreciated
Hi Dgreenman,

You can change the stream file by opening the context menu. The button has a different text to indicate you can remove the file.

I'm not sure what to do about the scrolling, etc. I don't have an ipad myself.
Perhaps someone else can chip in with some info?

Br.
Tommy
Im trying to use Schedules Direct, going through the setup i see the app will not log in to my schedules direct account. I assume i have to provide it a xmltv file, using source xmltv and point to such file.

I installed FreeGuide to get the contents of my schedules direct account, and it seems to work fine. I went file export xmltv, and placed the file on a smb share. I pointed to the file in TVGUIDE settings. When it loads i get "not possible to load program data, check settings and try again".

Discovered that i use mc2xml to make xmltv file Smile
(2012-06-27, 19:47)twinther Wrote:

Im on atv 2

I'm not sure why it doesn't plays fluently, but I know what causes it.
When I added the "set top box interface" where you can get OSD info while watching a channel, I switched to playing the video as part of the skin instead of fullscreen.

You can force it to play fullscreen, but replacing the instance of
self.player.play(item = streamUrl, windowed=True)
with
self.player.play(item = streamUrl)

There are a couple of places in source.py where this needs to be changed.

I'll probably add a setting in a future release so you don't have to edit the py files..

Br.
Tommy

i changed the code as suggested but it has not made any effect on the fps

any other clues
edit
managed to to fix it by chaging also self.player.play(item = customStreamUrl)

any news on ipad fix
I'm sorry, this is probably a stupid question, but how do I set a reminder for a future program? If I click on the show it will just open the stream. I thought you hit 'c', but that just toggles the full screen if it is running. I know I have done it before, I'm just having a brain fart Tongue
(2012-07-03, 04:28)Balthazar Wrote: I'm sorry, this is probably a stupid question, but how do I set a reminder for a future program? If I click on the show it will just open the stream. I thought you hit 'c', but that just toggles the full screen if it is running. I know I have done it before, I'm just having a brain fart Tongue

DEPENDING ON WHAT DEVICE YOUR USING

PC RIGHT CLICK THE CHANNEL AND A POP UP T THE LEFT WILL APPEAR WHERE YOU HAVE REMIND ME FEATURE

APPLE TV PRESS AND HOLD THE MENU BUTTON AND DO THE SAME AS STATED ABOVE

HOPE THIS HELPS
Hello,

I found this add-on and it very useful, but there is one problem with EPG time zone.
I have xml guide downloaded directly from web site without any conversions. Date and time structure is:

<programme start="20120706050500 +0400" stop="20120706090000 +0400" channel="1">
<title lang="ru">Телеканал "Доброе утро"</title>
</programme>

As you see in time format presents time zone. I tried to change this time zone in whole file but add-on still shows my local time.

Can you add this feature to new version?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11