• 29(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
Thanks Tommy - got it. I can set up streams for my channels so should be good-to-go. It'd be nice to see the PVR EPG eventually looking and functioning as well as yours.
Thanks for the fix and update Tommy, great work Smile

Roy
Someone mentioned source.db not updating when xmltv.xml changes. I have the opposite problem. Source.db updates for me, apparently once a day, whether it needs to or not.

My xmltv.xml file spans two weeks (the default for mc2xml), but every night when I want to watch the news, I must wait for three or four minutes while source.db gets populated. I think this happens once a day, but don't quote me. Once source.db is repopulated, it seems to hold through the rest of the evening.

That would be tolerable, but existing source.db data aren't discarded. Instead, source.db is augmented with duplicate entries. After three days, ghost text scrolls through the grid (mentioned by someone else), the grid display slows to a crawl, taking several seconds to advance to the next page, and highlighting goes wonky (perhaps because of the duplicate entries within each cell).

If I remove source.db, now bloated to four or five times its original size, it's rebuilt from scratch, and after three or four minutes, it's as good as new. I've searched the sources and xml config files until my eyes are bleeding. Any advice, Tommy?

Jim W.
(2013-03-08, 17:51)jimbow Wrote: Someone mentioned source.db not updating when xmltv.xml changes. I have the opposite problem. Source.db updates for me, apparently once a day, whether it needs to or not.

My xmltv.xml file spans two weeks (the default for mc2xml), but every night when I want to watch the news, I must wait for three or four minutes while source.db gets populated. I think this happens once a day, but don't quote me. Once source.db is repopulated, it seems to hold through the rest of the evening.

That would be tolerable, but existing source.db data aren't discarded. Instead, source.db is augmented with duplicate entries. After three days, ghost text scrolls through the grid (mentioned by someone else), the grid display slows to a crawl, taking several seconds to advance to the next page, and highlighting goes wonky (perhaps because of the duplicate entries within each cell).

If I remove source.db, now bloated to four or five times its original size, it's rebuilt from scratch, and after three or four minutes, it's as good as new. I've searched the sources and xml config files until my eyes are bleeding. Any advice, Tommy?

Jim W.

That's really interesting because I think the same thing happens for me. I only have my xml EPG updated once a week (on Sundays) but I've noticed that sometimes mid-week the addon will re-process it. I also get the weird scrolling text you mentioned, though I don't know if that's related. I just browsed the source.db and I do see that the couple of shows I looked at do seem to have duplicate "programs" entries, and the "updates" table shows updates for the last 3 days even though my xml hasn't changed since Sunday. I haven't really noticed a slow down because my HTPC is kind of overpowered.
Hi,
Is there any way to include DTT italians channels epg?
Thanks
hello,Twinther

i been a happy user this great addon for a while now

did like the adding of channels from favorites first,but whatever the reason i would delete the db
and once again adding channels from favorites felt too slow

the auto loading of channels from addon.ini makes it easypeasy.

when having multiple htpcs the ability to share the addon.ini
by re-locating the addon.ini to nas/custom path
same way as you can do the xmltv file

it would be good if in addon.ini
if url(activatewindow) would open the plugin window.

an example for custom xml, for channels that dont have epg or are allways on like news,webcams etc

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<tv generator-info-name="Web">
  <channel id="custom1">
    <display-name lang="en">A1</display-name>
    <url></url>
  </channel>
  <channel id="custom2">
    <display-name lang="en">A2</display-name>
    <url></url>
  </channel>
  <programme start="20130310050000 +0100" stop="20190812060000 +0100" channel="custom1">
    <title lang="en">the</title>
    <desc lang="en">live</desc>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20130310050000 +0100" stop="20190812060000 +0100" channel="custom2">
    <title lang="en">the</title>
    <desc lang="en">live</desc>
  </programme>
</tv>

to add more channels,the channel id= and channel= must have same id

channel id=c1 channel=c1
channel id=c2 channel=c2
channel id=c3 channel=c3
channel id=c4 channel=c4..........

one way to join the xmls is with XMLTV GUI(xmltv file importer)
http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/
Is there anyway to have the xml file in a remote location - I keep getting an error for if I enter a http address.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Could you update the parseXMLTV method and add the following code:

streamElement = elem.find("stream")
streamUrl = None
if streamElement is not None:
streamUrl = streamElement.get("url")
visible = elem.get("visible")
if visible == "0":
visible = False
else:
visible = True
result = Channel(id, title, logo, streamUrl, visible)

This will go in the elif elem.tag = "channel" condition. I'm working on a powershell script which keeps my xml file up to date, and adds my hdhomerun upnp address, as well as hides the channels which I'm not subscribed to.

Thanks.....
(2013-03-14, 01:09)djgonzo81 Wrote: . I'm working on a powershell script which keeps my xml file up to date, and adds my hdhomerun upnp address, as well as hides the channels which I'm not subscribed to.

Sounds cool. Interested in this
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
[deleted]
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2013-03-14, 01:51)bry- Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 01:09)djgonzo81 Wrote: . I'm working on a powershell script which keeps my xml file up to date, and adds my hdhomerun upnp address, as well as hides the channels which I'm not subscribed to.

Sounds cool. Interested in this

TV Guide Update Scripts

Above are the scripts. I'm testing them w/ the windows task scheduler. I have it running at startup and every 4 hours. Included are the mc2xml executable, the source.py file to replace the one in the tv guide add-on and the 2 scripts. There is a little leg work to use this. Read the script's configuration section. I'll provide a little guidance:

1) Run mc2xml to generate the xml tv data. This just needs to be run once initially.
2) Run the GenerateSubscribedChannels script, passing the ip of the hd homerun device. "./GenerateSubscribedChannels.ps1 -ip [ip]" in powershell. This is another run once initially.
3) Update the configuration section of the UpdateTvGuide.ps1 script.
a) uPnP address of the device. Through xbmc goto Files->Add Videos -> Browse -> UPnP Devices -> HDHomeRun and copy the address shown at the top: "upnp://[address]
b) Ensure the xmltv.xml and subscribedCahnnels.xml file locations are correct. By default, it uses the same directory, so if they are there then you don't have to do anything.
4) Run the update: "UpdateTvGuide.ps1 -forceUpdate 1" (Force it since we just downloaded the information)

That's about it for the initial setup. Set the location of the file in xbmc's TV Guide add-on, and you should only see your subscribed channels. The channel streams will also be set as well.

Last thing you'll want to do is setup a task scheduler to run this at startup and every n hours you want it to run. I have it running every 4 hours.

If anyone knows of a better way to do this, or wants to add to it, just let me know. I have the hd logos which I'm going to try to match up as well. Just getting through testing first.
It's almost good works. Yet there's something wrong when you try to shut down xbmc. Then suspend the whole Apple TV 2. Log: http://wklej.org/id/983147/
Hi,
how can i do to add channel icons in the epg guide?
I use a xmltv guide file.
Thanks.
(2013-03-18, 15:13)patria o muerte Wrote: Hi,
Thanks.

I believe you set the folder path in the settings, and it matches the channel id to filename. Try renaming one of them to see if it works.
(2013-03-18, 15:13)patria o muerte Wrote: Hi,
Thanks.

1. Create a empty folder for your tvguide icons
2. Copy and paste the icons you want to this folder
3. Rename those icons to the exact name they have in the EPG , eg 23 CBS = 23 CBS.png
4. Choose this folder in tvguide settings.
5. Restart tvguide

Ive noticed that if the folder is on a smb share some of the icons wont appear but a local folder or nfs share should be ok

Roy
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11