• 41(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
(2014-05-30, 05:46)olsonbri Wrote:
(2014-05-29, 13:06)Jack Wrote:
(2014-05-29, 04:25)olsonbri Wrote: Thanks Jack. I'll try this. I'm not familiar with where to add the -F argument in my xml. But I definetly have the channel numbers in front of the channel name. I'll play with your info and see where i get :!!

On another note, I can't seem to easily be able to switch between channels. If I go back to the EPG, it puts the current channel as preview in the lower right screen as expected. If I select another channel, it responds by streaming only to the preview window in the corner. The only way I can get it back to full screen is to [stop] the current channel, and the proceed to select the new channel. Any ideas? Thanks! --Bri

Are you using mc2xml to grab your listings? When I was talking about adding the -F argument I was talking about in a .bat file which you can use to automate the mc2xml process instead of using the GUI, but you can also do it via the GUI. If you download mc2xml from here: http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/. Run it and check the "-F chan name first" checkbox as I said before, select the country you want listings from enter your zip code and choose a listings provider. That will give you your channels without the numbers before them.

You can also specify a .ren file to rename the channels if you want, and a .chl file to choose what channels you want listings from if you only want certain channels, but you will have to create a .bat file to do this. Most of how to do this is on the mc2xml website link I just gave you. Not sure about the other problem with the full screening of the channels, try pressing c or tab to return to full screen.

Here's an example if needed of the contents of a .bat file that grabs U.S listings for the zip code 17122, renames certain channels as specified in the file "usa.ren" and only grabs listings for the channels specified in the file "usa.chl", you'll also notice the -F argument at the start, again that just does the same thing as checking the "-F chan name first" check box on the GUI:
Code:
mc2xml.exe -c US -F -g 17112 -R usa.ren -D usa.dat -C usa.chl  -o usa.xml
But if you don't only want to grab listings for certain channels (e.g. you want the listings for every channel the listing provider supplies) and don't need to rename your channels and all you want is channel names without numbers before them just do as I said above before and use the GUI and check the "-F chan name first" checkbox.

Ohhhh I get it. Thanks for the clarification and sorry I was so clueless. I had forgotten all about the options after running mc2xml.exe. I'll play with your info and see where I get :!!

Forgot to answer your question Jack. Yes, I'm using mc2xml to get my listings, via schedules direct. I used the -F option, so now I have no numbers before the station. Right away the one logo I had in the folder came up. Tried to add more and they didn't take. Exit xbmc, reboot, all the tricks I could think of. So I switched the icon folder to a 'local' folder (rather than samba share USB stick on my router) to see if other station logos would take, then the one logo that worked before is now not there. It seams really hit & miss when a logo wants to show up. It's as if the TV Guide only scans for logos once a month. I know before I fired up xbmc and tv guide, and was suprised to see some logos I had put in there, and after playing with it trying to improve, they disappear.

Most of my logos come from wikipedia, as they have thus far all been .png format.

What is the .bat file generated by mc2xml.exe for? Does xbmce/tv guide use this file?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: All logos work after generating a new xml! I guess I expected tv guide to repopulate logos independant of the xml.
(2014-05-31, 05:27)olsonbri Wrote: Forgot to answer your question Jack. Yes, I'm using mc2xml to get my listings, via schedules direct. I used the -F option, so now I have no numbers before the station. Right away the one logo I had in the folder came up. Tried to add more and they didn't take. Exit xbmc, reboot, all the tricks I could think of. So I switched the icon folder to a 'local' folder (rather than samba share USB stick on my router) to see if other station logos would take, then the one logo that worked before is now not there. It seams really hit & miss when a logo wants to show up. It's as if the TV Guide only scans for logos once a month. I know before I fired up xbmc and tv guide, and was suprised to see some logos I had put in there, and after playing with it trying to improve, they disappear.

Most of my logos come from wikipedia, as they have thus far all been .png format.

What is the .bat file generated by mc2xml.exe for? Does xbmce/tv guide use this file?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: All logos work after generating a new xml! I guess I expected tv guide to repopulate logos independant of the xml.

Good job! No problem, glad to see you got it working. About the .bat file, that isn't generated by mc2xml, you can create one yourself and put it in the same folder as mc2xml and you can add certain arguments in the .bat file to be passed on to mc2xml that you can't in the GUI such as specifying a .ren and .chl file to be used to rename certain channels or only grab listings for certain channels and a couple of other things described on the mc2xml website. Another handy thing you can do with the .bat file is automate the process of combining listings from different countries, zip codes or listings providers. Here's an example of mine, where I'm grabbing U.K listings then U.S listings and then Canadian listings and combining them into one xml file to be used in the tv guide, also you'll notice use of the -R argument which specifies the file used to rename certain channels and also the -C argument which specifies the file used to determine what specific channels to grab listings for since I don't want every channel that the listing provider supplies for the U.S and Canadian channels. The del code at the end is just me deleting the the temp U.K and U.S xml files after combining them with the Canadian listings into one file called guide.xml.

Code:
mc2xml.exe -c GB -F -g "G46 9FF" -D uk.dat -C uk.chl -o 1uk.xml
mc2xml.exe -c US -F -g 17112 -R usa.ren -D usa.dat -C usa.chl -I 1uk.xml -o 2usa.xml
mc2xml.exe -c CA -F -g "T5A 0A1" -R ca.ren -D ca.dat -C ca.chl -I 2usa.xml -o guide.xml

del 1uk.xml
del 2usa.xml

Also about the icons not updating automatically, yeah I noticed that too, the program really should scan for logos on start up in the specified directory, but doesn't. Another quick way I use to refresh the logos and get them showing after I've added a new logo for a channel is if you go into the tv guide's options and change the source to something other than the local xml file such as the YouSee.tv option, click into the tv guide let it load for a bit, I usually just press back after a second to stop the downloading since you don't have to wait for it to finish completely then re-select your local xml file in the options and then restart the guide and it should show any new logos you've put in the logo directory.
Hello,

I've been using this guide for a few days, I got it to work perfectly on my pc, theres no problem. I added the xml file on the internet, and for some reason. The PC version works fine, but when I try on the android or ubuntu, the xml url does not load. I get It is impossible to load program data, the settings are invalid. But the same url works in XBMC in windows.

Is there a special way to enter it in Android?

In the PC I use http://exemple.web/folder1/file.xml

When I use Local it works in ubuntu and Android. BUt not not the URL mode.

Im using 12.2 on the android and ubuntu v13

Let me know

Help will be gladly appreciate...
Quote:Hello,

I've been using this guide for a few days, I got it to work perfectly on my pc, theres no problem. I added the xml file on the internet, and for some reason. The PC version works fine, but when I try on the android or ubuntu, the xml url does not load. I get It is impossible to load program data, the settings are invalid. But the same url works in XBMC in windows.

Is there a special way to enter it in Android?

In the PC I use http://exemple.web/folder1/file.xml

When I use Local it works in ubuntu and Android. BUt not not the URL mode.

Im using 12.2 on the android and ubuntu v13

Let me know

Help will be gladly appreciate...

I had a similar problem....try the following it worked for me but no idea why!

On the android select a local xml file or reset to default.
Open TV Guide and wait for it to populate.
Esc out of TV Guide and enter TV Guide Settings.

Select url then DELETE and RETYPE the url to your xml file in full.
Don't just select your url if it shows up, it only works if you delete it first.

Hope this works...as I say it did for me. Smile
Quote:to remove 'opening stream' message use this patch
Code:
import os #on begining

def playChannel(self, channel):
self.currentChannel = channel
wasPlaying = self.player.isPlaying()
url = self.database.getStreamUrl(channel)

if os.path.isfile(url): #this 2 lines
url = open(url).read()# are patch

if url:
if url[0:9] == 'plugin://':
if self.alternativePlayback:
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.RunPlugin(%s)' % url)
elif self.osdEnabled:
xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia(%s,1)' % url)
else:
xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia(%s)' % url)
else:
self.player.play(item=url, windowed=self.osdEnabled)

if not wasPlaying:
self._hideEpg()

threading.Timer(1, self.waitForPlayBackStopped).start()
self.osdProgram = self.database.getCurrentProgram(self.currentChannel)

return url is not None
tested on polnish tv plugin

Can someone please tell me which file I paste this into and where in the file it should go? The last time I wrote any form of code the Commodore 64 was brand new and a PC was a Police Constable!

Seriously though, help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
One might assume xmltv.xml. I'm like you and the Commodore 64. The code I entered was 'machine language' and the 01101001001 code was entered from a printed book I bought at the book store 70 miles away! I'm thinking 1983. I bet you're close to 44 yrs old Smile When I was 15 my dad was worried that I won't get out of the house, when all I wanted to do was to program with BASIC on the C64. But at the same time he didn't want me getting drunk with the others on Friday night.

Help from Jack & others this plugin is stable for me using win7. Wife friendly. Doesn't constantly write to the disk like all the timeshifting pvr works. No backend pvr required. It allows you to just watch tv within xbmc. Thanks to twinther for this plugin. Beautiful.

My TVGuide logos aren't very sexy, but I did my best and they are what they are. Makes me appreciate the graphics of the mq5 skin I'm running.
Hi. I apologize if this has been addressed before. I couldn't find it with a search.

I'm a total noob to XBMC and don't really know much about xml. I'm trying to grab the USA listings from zap2it. I downloaded zap2it.com.channels from WG+plus and set the TV guide to use that file for the listings, but when I run it, it doesn't display any channels and says "no program available." Is there something else I need to do to configure it? Am I using the right xmltv file? The file looks like this (edited):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<site generator-info-name="WebGrab+Plus/w MDB &amp; REX Postprocess -- version 1.1.1/49 -- Jan van Straaten" site="zap2it.com">
<channels>
<channel update="i" site="zap2it.com" site_id="10003" xmltv_id="ABC">ABC</channel>
<channel update="i" site="zap2it.com" site_id="10098" xmltv_id="CBS">CBS</channel>
<channel update="i" site="zap2it.com" site_id="10991" xmltv_id="NBC">NBC</channel>
<channel update="i" site="zap2it.com" site_id="16409" xmltv_id="WE TV">WE TV</channel>
<channel update="i" site="zap2it.com" site_id="11187" xmltv_id="Weather">Weather</channel>
<channel update="i" site="zap2it.com" site_id="17098" xmltv_id="WGN Amer">WGN Amer</channel>

</channels>
</site>

I'm using XBMC Gotham on Windows 7 if that makes any difference.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Love this plugin, and have been using it like crazy recently.

I've been poking around attempting to do two more things, but am now wondering if they are even possible:

1) Ability to add a channel with my XBMC Playlists. I realize these are not .strm files, nor do they include playmedia:// when added as a favorite. Has anybody been able to do this?

2) I would like the ability to launch a program through AdvancedLauncher through clicking on a channel in this plugin. When adding a Launcher as a favorite, it's actually called using playmedia:// in the favorites file. So it shows up when configuring a channel, and I'm able to select it for a channel, but I get a script error when actually trying to run it:

ERROR: XBMC.PlayMedia could not play media: plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher
Okay. I studied the quick start guide at http://webgrabplus.com/documentation/quick-start and learned that I need to use Webgrab+plus to generate a guide.xml file and use THAT file to grab the EPG info for TV Guide. Simple enough. So I deleted all my WG++ files and started from scratch.

I downloaded Webgrab+plus v1.1.1, unziped it and ran the install.bat file. I downloaded the /53 patch, unzipped it and ran it as an administrator. Now I need to configure the webgrab++.config file. So I downloaded Notepad++ and used it to open the file. I renamed webgrab++.config as webgrab++2.config and created a new webgrab++.config using THIS xml file suggested in the tutorial:

Code:
<!--?xml version="1.0"?-->
<settings>

<!-- for detailed info about the settings see http://webgrabplus.com/node/30 -->

<filename>C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\guide.xml</filename>
  <mode></mode>
  <postprocess grab="y" run="n">mdb</postprocess>
  <logging>on</logging>
  <retry time-out="5">4</retry>
  <timespan>0</timespan>
  <update>f</update>

<!-- replace the next dummy channel entry with the channels you want -->
  <!-- see http://webgrabplus.com/node/94 for the available sites/channels -->
  <channel site="dummy" site_id="xx" update="i" xmltv_id="Dummy">Dummy</channel>

</settings>

I also downloaded a dummy.ini file to test it. Now I'm FINALLY ready to create a test "guide.xml" file to see if it works before I go back and add my zap2it.com channels. I run Webgrab+plus, it opens a command prompt window and I get this:

Code:
file C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\guide.xml not found, creating a new one..

Unhandled Exception:System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary'2.get_item(TKey key)
    at WebGrab.XmlSource..ctor(Config config. Utils utils)
    at WebGrab.Program.Main(String[] args)

and then it stopped working. Does anyone know what went wrong and how I fix it?
I'm having a problem trying to install this on xbmc 12 on openelec. It either won't install saying 'installation faiked' and when I try and move the files over from another setup, I get a script error addon.py

Any ideas? Using a raspi
(2012-06-14, 07:33)Lifeforce Wrote:
Quote:Hi lifeforce,
Can you send me your xmltv file and one of the logo files, then I can take a look.
As for the hardcoded .strm, you can change that in the gui.py file. What kind of file are you trying to play? - I would think live tv is always a stream, so perhaps you can just put your stream URL inside a .strm file and use that.
br.
Tommy

Tommy,

I found the code where I can change the file extension. Is it possible (I don't know anything about Python or scripting) to add additional file extensions? My set up is such that there are http streams which the pap/dvd players refuse to play but VLC has no problems doing so. Therefore, I have XBMC setup so that each file extension is played by the proper (external) media player.

Here are the logo and xmltv files your requested:
logo xmltv.xml

Thanks!

Hi Tommy,

Can it be that there is problem with reading the data from the xmltv.xml in your TV guide, whatever the value is in the file +0100, +0200, +0300, etc.,
it doesn't work, it stays always on +0000?

<programme start="20140703091500 +0100" stop="20140703100000 +0100" channel="BBC One">

Bebbie
I'm using the TV guide and I love it, but there is a problem with it...
When I click on the small video in the TV guide to make XBMC switch from "windowed" video to "fullscreen" video, it works only one time or it goes to the first page. Anyone knows how to solve this problem?
Hello,
First of all I want to thank you for this great addon.
I am running this addon in conjunction with P2PStream (by adding all the streams from Favorites)
Since P2PStreams needs to run Sopcast in the background I ask if is possible to insert "Stop" when you click on the channel.
Because "Stop" needs to stop the sopcast server in the background to be able to switch to a different sopcast stream.

Any solutions are welcome.

Thank you!

Cat

PS: Right now I need to make sure I stop the stream before changing to another channel.
(2014-07-20, 16:16)wiz561 Wrote: I'm trying to get this plugin properly working, but keep running into problems. When I point tv guide to the xml generated from mc2xml, there's a number of channels that popup. When clicking on a channel, it wants to know the location of the STRM file.

I generated strm files from my hd homerun setup, but can't choose the STRM file. It wants to only choose what is loaded up in the "Library" (or files) in XBMC. In other words, I can't choose files that are stored on the local drive.

Is there something that I'm not doing right?

Thanks!

Wiz, did you add the .strm file folder as a video source? I'm pretty sure I had to do that to get it to show up on my system, but not 100% sure.
Greetings. For the last few days, the TVGUIDE addon has not been loading the XMLTV file. The XBMC log does not seem to indicate any errors, but I am uploading them anyways.

XBMC 13.1
TVGUIDE 2.1.1
OPENELEC 4.0.7

xbmc logs
http://pastebin.com/9xsdG0eX
http://pastebin.com/ecY50yA5
http://pastebin.com/AYmMHjSL
http://pastebin.com/EztuhdPB

xmltv.xml
http://pastebin.com/5sGw1mSx

tvguide settings
http://pastebin.com/AQXqN7ws

Error Message:
Oops, sorry about that!
It was not possible to load the program data, check settings or try again later.

OpenELEC:~/downloads/mc2xml # pwd
/storage/downloads/mc2xml
OpenELEC:~/downloads/mc2xml # ls -lah
total 1912
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4.0K Aug 5 23:12 .
drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 4.0K Jun 28 16:30 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 28.0K Jun 24 21:49 logos
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 28.0K Jun 24 21:41 logos.bak
-rwxrw-rw- 1 root root 1.8M Jan 3 2014 mc2xml
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 787 Jun 19 16:52 mc2xml.chl
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 111 Aug 5 23:12 mc2xml.dat
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 38.1K Aug 5 23:12 xmltv.xml
OpenELEC:~/downloads/mc2xml #
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11