• 42(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
Hi twinther,
Thanks a lot for this great ADDON.
I'm novice with addon development,
I want to modify your addon to create Favorite List Channel, How can I do it?
I mean by "Favorite List Channel " to be able to create several channel list, like: Music List, Info TV list ....
First, I would like say thank you for an excellent addition to XBMC for live tv viewing.

I need some help as I try to customize the FTV guide to my liking. On the first screen, I noticed that neither Sky 1 nor Sky 2 works, not sure if they can be fixed. In the meantime, I would like to change the stream to that slot, and although I can do that without any issue, I cannot change the channel name and image. So I have a different stream but the previous channel name. I would appreciate it if someone could let me know if and how I can do that.

Not sure if it matters but I am running M8 Amlogic, Android 4.4, XBMC xbmc-13.1-Gotham-4K-video-2160P-output.apk by Oman.

Thanks in advance
(2014-08-06, 05:18)DugieHowsa Wrote: Greetings. For the last few days, the TVGUIDE addon has not been loading the XMLTV file. The XBMC log does not seem to indicate any errors, but I am uploading them anyways.

XBMC 13.1
TVGUIDE 2.1.1
OPENELEC 4.0.7

xmltv.xml
http://pastebin.com/5sGw1mSx

tvguide settings
http://pastebin.com/AQXqN7ws

Error Message:
Oops, sorry about that!
It was not possible to load the program data, check settings or try again later.

After not working for over a week, the above behavior has been intermittent for the last couple of days. It appears that the mc2xml program was not downloading any EPG data.
would it be possible to ad NRK 2 and NRK3 to the Nordiske list?
Hey team!
First I just wanted to say thank-you for this amazing plugin!! It's really helped my wife using XBMC now that she can really use the TV Guide.

I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but is there a way to have the video continue playing after you leave the plugin? I'd like to be able to go in and chose a TV show to watch, but still be able to back out to the main menu and be able to move around within XBMC with the show still running in the background.

Thanks so much!!
This addon used to work for me on my PC setup. After a reinstall of XBMC however when I try to choose a stream method. i.e filmon plugin. No plugins are showing up. I'm just seeing plugin.Video.xxx.
I've deleted and reinstalled and deleted the user data folder to no avail.

Remind me which Plugins this supports?

I have F.T.V and filmon installed as of now.
Is this addon still suported?
Hi,

Does this add-on still work? I installed it but don't see anywhere to put in my zip code or location to tell it what channels to download. It just downloads something from some other country it looks like. Is there a different add-on for the USA if this isn't the one I should be using? It's jsut the first one I found when searching for a TV guide type add-on.

Thanks.
(2014-09-06, 01:44)Kelemvor Wrote: Hi,

Does this add-on still work? I installed it but don't see anywhere to put in my zip code or location to tell it what channels to download. It just downloads something from some other country it looks like. Is there a different add-on for the USA if this isn't the one I should be using? It's jsut the first one I found when searching for a TV guide type add-on.

Thanks.

You need to provide the content
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
So is there some other add-on that will go download the episode guide info just like the various TV Guide apps? Just want to use it to see what's on TV...
(2014-09-06, 03:17)Kelemvor Wrote: So is there some other add-on that will go download the episode guide info just like the various TV Guide apps? Just want to use it to see what's on TV...

Based on your library. Tv show next aired
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Hi,

I have a provider that changes the stream for the same channel over and over (every few minutes). Is there a way of making the TVGuide take into account such a change?
For example when I click on the TV Program (during your OnClick function), would it be possible to check first if the file changed?

Or another example, If I create the addon.ini (python parses the xml streams and creates the addon.ini) everytime I start your OnClick function, how can I force it to write it in the database?

The provider is using the livestreams addon

I am sure I'm not the only one with this problem.
Has anyone with a HDHomeRun prime done a writeup of how they are making it work with this wonderful plugin ?

I can watch HDHomeRun channels by adding a UPnP source, and I have TV Guide set up with an episode guide that matches my cable provider. However, I don't know how to create the mapping between the EPG and the HDHomeRun channels.
Hey Jack, I am trying to use your code and I can't seem to find how to get all the UK channels that Filmon streams. I can find the BBCs and such, but can't find a guide for channels like
ITV4+1
ITV+1
ITV2+1
ITV3+1
5USA
Pick TV
QUEST
Channel 5
BBC Music Magazine
CBS Reality+1

I noticed you used a postal code near Glasgow (G46 9FF) so i tried one in London but no luck. Did you manage to find listings for any of the above channels?

Thanks.

(2014-05-31, 13:36)Jack Wrote:
(2014-05-31, 05:27)olsonbri Wrote: Forgot to answer your question Jack. Yes, I'm using mc2xml to get my listings, via schedules direct. I used the -F option, so now I have no numbers before the station. Right away the one logo I had in the folder came up. Tried to add more and they didn't take. Exit xbmc, reboot, all the tricks I could think of. So I switched the icon folder to a 'local' folder (rather than samba share USB stick on my router) to see if other station logos would take, then the one logo that worked before is now not there. It seams really hit & miss when a logo wants to show up. It's as if the TV Guide only scans for logos once a month. I know before I fired up xbmc and tv guide, and was suprised to see some logos I had put in there, and after playing with it trying to improve, they disappear.

Most of my logos come from wikipedia, as they have thus far all been .png format.

What is the .bat file generated by mc2xml.exe for? Does xbmce/tv guide use this file?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: All logos work after generating a new xml! I guess I expected tv guide to repopulate logos independant of the xml.

Good job! No problem, glad to see you got it working. About the .bat file, that isn't generated by mc2xml, you can create one yourself and put it in the same folder as mc2xml and you can add certain arguments in the .bat file to be passed on to mc2xml that you can't in the GUI such as specifying a .ren and .chl file to be used to rename certain channels or only grab listings for certain channels and a couple of other things described on the mc2xml website. Another handy thing you can do with the .bat file is automate the process of combining listings from different countries, zip codes or listings providers. Here's an example of mine, where I'm grabbing U.K listings then U.S listings and then Canadian listings and combining them into one xml file to be used in the tv guide, also you'll notice use of the -R argument which specifies the file used to rename certain channels and also the -C argument which specifies the file used to determine what specific channels to grab listings for since I don't want every channel that the listing provider supplies for the U.S and Canadian channels. The del code at the end is just me deleting the the temp U.K and U.S xml files after combining them with the Canadian listings into one file called guide.xml.

Code:
mc2xml.exe -c GB -F -g "G46 9FF" -D uk.dat -C uk.chl -o 1uk.xml
mc2xml.exe -c US -F -g 17112 -R usa.ren -D usa.dat -C usa.chl -I 1uk.xml -o 2usa.xml
mc2xml.exe -c CA -F -g "T5A 0A1" -R ca.ren -D ca.dat -C ca.chl -I 2usa.xml -o guide.xml

del 1uk.xml
del 2usa.xml

Also about the icons not updating automatically, yeah I noticed that too, the program really should scan for logos on start up in the specified directory, but doesn't. Another quick way I use to refresh the logos and get them showing after I've added a new logo for a channel is if you go into the tv guide's options and change the source to something other than the local xml file such as the YouSee.tv option, click into the tv guide let it load for a bit, I usually just press back after a second to stop the downloading since you don't have to wait for it to finish completely then re-select your local xml file in the options and then restart the guide and it should show any new logos you've put in the logo directory.

(2014-09-18, 19:51)SandmanCL Wrote: Has anyone with a HDHomeRun prime done a writeup of how they are making it work with this wonderful plugin ?

I can watch HDHomeRun channels by adding a UPnP source, and I have TV Guide set up with an episode guide that matches my cable provider. However, I don't know how to create the mapping between the EPG and the HDHomeRun channels.

I have my HDHomeRun dual working but it is configured with NextPVR in XBMC, then all I did as set up each channel as a favorite, with the name of the channel found in the XMLTV listing.

Biggy
(2014-09-18, 19:51)SandmanCL Wrote: Has anyone with a HDHomeRun prime done a writeup of how they are making it work with this wonderful plugin ?

I can help you if you wait a day

IMPORTANT:
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11