• 43(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
(2014-09-19, 16:52)bry- Wrote:
(2014-09-18, 19:51)SandmanCL Wrote: Has anyone with a HDHomeRun prime done a writeup of how they are making it work with this wonderful plugin ?

I can watch HDHomeRun channels by adding a UPnP source, and I have TV Guide set up with an episode guide that matches my cable provider. However, I don't know how to create the mapping between the EPG and the HDHomeRun channels.

I can help you if you wait a day

Shucks, bry's the best!

Anyone using hdhomerun prime with a cable card?

Can you tell me what the naming scheme is for the upnp channel lineup list? does it use conventional naming ie, WNBC, WCBS ?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Bry, I am more than willing to wait a day Smile

@Lunatixz:I am using the prime w/ cable card. When I add my UPnP source, there are two folders below it:

- Favorites
- Channels

In the favorites folder the channels that you mark as favorites on the main HDHomeRun status / setup screen.

The naming scheme is "<channel number> <name>"

With the Comcast Xfinity package I have, my HD channels are in the 700+ range and the names are as follows

Code:
702 KTVUD
703 DKNTV
704 KROND
705 KPIXD
706 KICUHD
707 KGOHD

When I play channel 702 (Fox) I see this in xbmc.log

Code:
11:24:57 T:1512   DEBUG: UPNP: Updating resume point for item upnp://910BF3AB-E59B-337B-85CC-8CFC5F2D7C06/Channels%2fv702/
11:24:57 T:1512   DEBUG: UPNP: Marking video item upnp://910BF3AB-E59B-337B-85CC-8CFC5F2D7C06/Channels%2fv702/ as watched
11:24:57 T:1512   DEBUG: UPNP: attempting to invoke UpdateObject for upnp://910BF3AB-E59B-337B-85CC-8CFC5F2D7C06/Channels%2fv702/

In the episode guide from schedulesdirect, channel 702 looks like this:

PHP Code:
<channel id="I19571.labs.zap2it.com">
    <
display-name>702 KTVUDT</display-name>
    <
display-name>702 KTVUDT CA04487:X</display-name>
    <
display-name>702</display-name>
    <
display-name>44 KTVUDT fcc</display-name>
    <
display-name>KTVUDT</display-name>
    <
display-name>KTVUDT (KTVU-DT)</display-name>
    <
display-name>Fox Affiliate</display-name>
</
channel
(2014-09-20, 20:28)SandmanCL Wrote: Bry, I am more than willing to wait a day Smile

@Lunatixz:I am using the prime w/ cable card. When I add my UPnP source, there are two folders below it:

- Favorites
- Channels

In the favorites folder the channels that you mark as favorites on the main HDHomeRun status / setup screen.

The naming scheme is "<channel number> <name>"

With the Comcast Xfinity package I have, my HD channels are in the 700+ range and the names are as follows

Code:
702 KTVUD
703 DKNTV
704 KROND
705 KPIXD
706 KICUHD
707 KGOHD

When I play channel 702 (Fox) I see this in xbmc.log

Code:
11:24:57 T:1512   DEBUG: UPNP: Updating resume point for item upnp://910BF3AB-E59B-337B-85CC-8CFC5F2D7C06/Channels%2fv702/
11:24:57 T:1512   DEBUG: UPNP: Marking video item upnp://910BF3AB-E59B-337B-85CC-8CFC5F2D7C06/Channels%2fv702/ as watched
11:24:57 T:1512   DEBUG: UPNP: attempting to invoke UpdateObject for upnp://910BF3AB-E59B-337B-85CC-8CFC5F2D7C06/Channels%2fv702/

In the episode guide from schedulesdirect, channel 702 looks like this:

PHP Code:
<channel id="I19571.labs.zap2it.com">
    <
display-name>702 KTVUDT</display-name>
    <
display-name>702 KTVUDT CA04487:X</display-name>
    <
display-name>702</display-name>
    <
display-name>44 KTVUDT fcc</display-name>
    <
display-name>KTVUDT</display-name>
    <
display-name>KTVUDT (KTVU-DT)</display-name>
    <
display-name>Fox Affiliate</display-name>
</
channel

Thanks, you supplied me with great info... I only wonder why...

702 KTVUD is displayed in your UPNP
and 702 KTVUDT in your xmltv id... what happened to the "T"?
is it missing because of a typo... or does upnp sometimes cut off channel names?
(2014-09-20, 21:24)Lunatixz Wrote: 702 KTVUD is displayed in your UPNP
is it missing because of a typo... or does upnp sometimes cut off channel names?
When I saw this I actually assumed it was a typo but it is indeed KTVUD... I just double checked the xml file and this behavior the same for several of the channels. KROND becomes KRONDT, for example...
(2014-09-20, 21:37)SandmanCL Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 21:24)Lunatixz Wrote: 702 KTVUD is displayed in your UPNP
When I saw this I actually assumed it was a typo but it is indeed KTVUD... I just double checked the xml file and this behavior the same for several of the channels. KROND becomes KRONDT, for example...

Okay, thanks again...
@Lunatixz

So I took your advice and limit my epg data pull to 24 hours and yes pseudotv live loaded so much faster now. Thank you for that. But TV Guide is saying 'no program available'. Do you know what is that all about?

mc2xml -c us -g 11225 -d 24
(2014-09-19, 18:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-19, 16:52)bry- Wrote:
(2014-09-18, 19:51)SandmanCL Wrote: Has anyone with a HDHomeRun prime done a writeup of how they are making it work with this wonderful plugin ?

I can watch HDHomeRun channels by adding a UPnP source, and I have TV Guide set up with an episode guide that matches my cable provider. However, I don't know how to create the mapping between the EPG and the HDHomeRun channels.

I can help you if you wait a day

Shucks, bry's the best!

Anyone using hdhomerun prime with a cable card?

Can you tell me what the naming scheme is for the upnp channel lineup list? does it use conventional naming ie, WNBC, WCBS ?

awwwww BlushBlush

i believe i sent you what you needed.

(2014-09-20, 20:28)SandmanCL Wrote: Bry, I am more than willing to wait a day Smile
@SandmanCL - sorry was a bit longer than a day. shoot me a pm.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
'no program available' - A little help here please Smile

Edit: Can TV Guide have a channel startup option? It doesn't have to auto start it. Simply remembering the placement works for me.
Hey guys, I don't know if anyone can help me here, but I'm trying to create a new skin for TV Guide, and I have two questions:

1. Can I reduce the number of channels from 9 to 7? I tried taking two channels away in the script-tvguide-main.xml but they gives me errors.

2. Is it possible to move the video preview? I can't seem to figure that one out at all.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ray.
Good AM.

The reason that you've got errors is, that you need also to change in your source the channels from 9 to 7. In the script-tvguide-main.xml you have to remove the channels 8 and 9 for the channel images and text.

class Database(object):
SOURCE_DB = 'source.db'
CHANNELS_PER_PAGE = 9

Hope it will help Big Grin

Bebbie
Thanks a lot. That is what I was looking for. I don't suppose you know how I can reposition the video preview (when you choose a channel, tab out to the guide, and the channel still plays in the corner)? I'd like to move the bottom half of the screen to the top, but the video remains where it is. Sad
Hi Ray

When you want I look in to it this weekend. BTW better to make it 8 channels it will be compatible with the skins of OnTapp users have many skins...

Bebbie
Yeah, I'm thinking 8 too, otherwise it'll also look too 'bare' ... Too much empty space. Thanks, any help you can offer is much appreciated. I can move everything on the screen except the video preview, which I'm hoping isn't hardcoded! lol

Thanks. Smile

EDIT: Thanks for the help but I actually just figured it out. in the following code:

Code:
<control type="videowindow">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <animation type="Conditional" condition="!Control.IsVisible(5000)">
                <effect type="zoom" end="25" center="1250,690" time="500" />
            </animation>
        </control>

I have to edit the part:

Code:
center="1250,690"

Thanks for all the help Smile
Any chance of getting a scheduler to update the guide when the xml file has been updated? Also color guide base on genre?

In my fire tv it takes too long to load the xml file. I would like to do it off hours when it's not being use right after the xml file has been download/updated.
Cheers guys,

I've been looking for a way to create channel groups, i.e. Sports, New, etc... This would make the addon even more perfect as we wouldn't have to go through a long channel list in order to view one channel that is way down on the list.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11