Asus E45M1-I based HTPC
NorDemoniac Wrote:I just installed my E45M1-I Deluxe. Nice card btw! I also used a Corsair Force GT (60GB) and Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz RAM (2x4GB, blue).

I installed XBMC Live via an USB stick, which I have used on several computers earlier. Installed in 2-3 minutes, rebooted, CRAP!

It's like 1/3 of a frame per second. I can't even navigate, it is SOOOOOO slow! The text at the bottom of the screen updates like one letter every 5 second.

I thought I would get the perfect HTPC here, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

Am I facing hours of troubleshooting, driver installs etc?

Edit:
Found this. Maybe I just have to go to Ctrl+F1 and upgrade to Eden. Will test it out Smile
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem starts with Dharma.
10.1 does not support XvBA/ATI.

You need to update to Eden to take full advantage of using an ATI Card - but even then, I think it's only as far as VAAPI.

Did you install xbmc on top of windows or a live version? I think you are missing the videocard drivers.
NorDemoniac Wrote:I just installed my E45M1-I Deluxe. Nice card btw! I also used a Corsair Force GT (60GB) and Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz RAM (2x4GB, blue).

I installed XBMC Live via an USB stick, which I have used on several computers earlier. Installed in 2-3 minutes, rebooted, CRAP!

It's like 1/3 of a frame per second. I can't even navigate, it is SOOOOOO slow! The text at the bottom of the screen updates like one letter every 5 second.

I thought I would get the perfect HTPC here, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

Am I facing hours of troubleshooting, driver installs etc?

Edit:
Found this. Maybe I just have to go to Ctrl+F1 and upgrade to Eden. Will test it out Smile
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem starts with Dharma.
10.1 does not support XvBA/ATI.

You need to update to Eden to take full advantage of using an ATI Card - but even then, I think it's only as far as VAAPI.

Just installed identical system following this guide : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996

Everything works perfectly!
I've got similar ASUS E45M DELUXE setup.
Costs were about 350€ in Finland.
Here's pictures of the project: https://picasaweb.google.com/103292090849214489503/htpc
I'm very pleased with the performance, XBMC & youtube 1080p works flawlessly.

Only thing that concerns is that disabling overscan from Ati Control Panel doesn't have effect on XBMC 10.1. This might be little off-topic, but do you have same problem that overscanned black bars are shown when playing a clip in XBMC (XBMC at library mode is not overscanned, but playback is) ?

And oh, operating system windows 7 premium 64-bit.

EDIT: Found solution. Overscan setting has to be set to 0 for each resolution/Hz combination.
I got the e-450 deluxe too, and running linux mint 12 with xbmc it works awesome, but sometimes the audio with HDMI isnt working as it should, any ideas?
using latest beta 2 of xbmc
HTPC: Intel Nuc i3 8109u | 8Gb Ram | Windows 10 Pro
To NorDemoniac,

I note that you used 1600Mhz ram, I have been looking at this board and I am sure the Ram speed is only compatible with DDR3 1333/1066 MHz.

Could this be your problem?
Have been testing the E45M1I Deluxe setup for XBMC Eden for a little while now and so far this mobo is solid!
Setup:
- E45M1I Deluxe
- Kingston 4GB KIT, 2GBx2, DDR3 PC3-10600
- Win 7 Premium 32bit
- AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.65 GHz
- Seagate Momentus 7200.4 500GB HDD
- Corsair PSU but will be trying out a new picoPSU-160-XT, read some reviews on power requirements and probably could have used the Pico PSU-120 as maximum power required was around 60watts in testing.

Have this setup in my office and it is silent and always on. Haven't had any hiccups and it has done everything I have asked...... Will report back if I hit any hardware based problems as I will be giving this little guy a more intense workout in the next few weeks to see if he cracks.

Cheers
Anyone setup XBMC for E45M1I Deluxe can pass-through dts-HD/TrueHD over HDMI?
(2013-03-05, 05:13)arionred Wrote: Anyone setup XBMC for E45M1I Deluxe can pass-through dts-HD/TrueHD over HDMI?

I believe that the E350 and E450 Fusion APUs can do HD Audio over HDMI in Windows, but not under Linux.

Like other AMD solutions, the Linux drivers are limited to PCM 2.0/DD/DTS (i.e. SPDIF quality audio) over HDMI.
Just wanted to tell you folks (even if it's a little late) that HD passthrough works just fine on Linux . Have a look here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174854
HTPC: Intel Nuc i3 8109u | 8Gb Ram | Windows 10 Pro

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus E45M1-I based HTPC1