"Scan for new content" option not visible
I've been using XBMC for several months with no issues and have been using the "Scan for new content" option every time I added movies to my NAS. Haven't done any updates in a while since it has been working without issues (according to the system infor summary it was compiled Jun 23 last year). Since the beginning of this week however the "Scan for new content" option in the submenu does not appear anymore and have no idea why it has gone missing. I always use this function as I don't want XMBC to scrape my whole NAS, but just my movies folder (Update library is therefore not usable).

Does anyone have an idea why this option has disappeared and how this can be fixed?
I doubt it has changed.

If you can't get any context menus to appear, the battery in the remote may be getting flat.

If it is missing from the context menu:

Go to Videos -> Files.
Use the .. until you see your sources.
Highlight the source you want to update.
Press and hold menu.
Update source.

You really should update the to beta version. The one you are using is a fossil.
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Even update library is not doing anything. I am using Mac mini using AFP.
Even mind reading is not working. I am using crystal ball and tea leaves.

Post a log file or nothing is going to happen.
I'm using xbmc on ATV2 iOS 4.2.2 (2203).

Since upgrading from Eden to Frodo Beta 1 (Git:20121125-aae04d99)
"Scan for new content" is no longer part of the context menu.

Only "Update library" is left, which is less practical for certain use cases.

Any chance that this entry disappeared by mistake and can be included again?
Romanes eunt domus
Are you using the default skin ?? Maybe something changed between builds and you are using a skin mod of some kind.

Just an idea as I happened to be in a situation like that Smile
I'm using Transparency and proudly can state that the idea came to me to check confluence before posting, yes

Same case in both skins!
Romanes eunt domus
Then post a debug log (wiki), because it's still there for everyone else.
Thanks for the general info that it's still supposed to be there.
Since xbmc did not crash posting a debug log did not appear to me, sry

here it is:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15817

I activated debug mode, restarted xbmc, went to videos/files and performed a long-hold of the menu button on one of my sources to open the menu where the entry is missing. i then exited xbmc again. all while using confluence skin.
Romanes eunt domus
It is almost certainly due to case-sensitivity. Eden was case-insensitive. Frodo is case-sensitive. Thus, if your source path doesn't 100% match what is in your database you'll get these issues. The solution is to take a nosy in your database (strPath in the path table) and compare to what you have in sources.xml.

Make sure they match by altering sources.xml to suit.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i tried to follow this, but i am afraid that i did not understand you right, jmarshall

could you please explain what you mean by "take a nosy in your database (strPath in the path table)"?

open myvideos73.db via ssh? tried it, but since the path pathversion in sources.xml is ip-based, there are no differing cases.

since the volumes that can be found in my smb-source and myvideo73.db are not included in sources.xml (there is only the smb-ip as such) i just don't know where to compare what cases.
Romanes eunt domus
anyone knowing the path and name of the database jmarshall proposed?
Romanes eunt domus
Solved it. This is what seems to have changed between eden and frodo:

With Eden I used to have only my Computer added as a source. I could assign various content settings to the drives connected to the computer, and/or the folders within them. "Scan for new content" used to scan EVERY single content setting included in the respective path. "Update Library" was another option that could be chosen. Both options were available in the same menu.

Now with Frodo, every folder that I want to assign a content setting to has to be explicitly added as a genuine source, too, in order to be able to scan its content.

"Scan for new content" now replaces the "Update Library" option as soon as the respective folder

- is added as a unique source

- AND is assigned with a content setting.

If a destination is not included in sources and not assigned with a content type, then "scan for new content" does not show.

Probably this is based somehow on the case sensitivity jmarshall mentioned.
Romanes eunt domus
Comparing my sources.xml and the strPath column in MyVideos75.Path I have confirmed there is no case mismatch. Also, I have confirmed that what Skippr says appears to be true. The content type has to be set on the source to be able to "Scan for new content." So for my very large library, that I had as one source in Eden, and content types set on subfolders within that source, I have the choice of losing either the ability to scan subsections of my library instead of the whole thing, or losing all the watched/unwatched/inprogress info for the whole library because I have to add each subfolder as a new single source? Any other suggestions, or am I stuck?

Thanks

Edit: DOH! I came here via a search so I didn't notice that this was under "IOS Support." I'm running Frodo on Linux, so this is probably not the right place to post this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Scan for new content" option not visible0