• 8(current)
The complete SABnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato and Headphones setup guide for newbies
Nothing yet. The reason I am posting here is because of how little success I have had searching elsewhere.
Nice guide!! Recent upheavals in the indexing universe prompted me to finally make the switch to sickbeard etc and this guide was invaluable. I wish I'd done this sooner!

One thing though. As well as xbmc in my startup folder I now have my browser starting at startup with tabs for SABnzbd, sickbeard and CP. Unfortunately my browser is the active window and appears in front of xbmc.

Is there a way I can set things up so that xbmc is the active window after startup? I'm using windows 7 Big Grin

(2012-12-17, 20:21)ED209 Wrote: Nice guide!! Recent upheavals in the indexing universe prompted me to finally make the switch to sickbeard etc and this guide was invaluable. I wish I'd done this sooner!

One thing though. As well as xbmc in my startup folder I now have my browser starting at startup with tabs for SABnzbd, sickbeard and CP. Unfortunately my browser is the active window and appears in front of xbmc.

Is there a way I can set things up so that xbmc is the active window after startup? I'm using windows 7 Big Grin

Have you seen this?
Image Image
How often does Couchpotato search your watch list? Can this be changed?
Anyone else having issues with Headphones?

When I double click on the "Headphones.py" file, the python console window comes up for a couple seconds, and then disappears. No browser window or tab opens up so I can see the interface.

I tried re-installing Python, and rebooting computer, but still no luck.

Edit: Found a .exe compiled in the official Headphones thread here and installed and worked correctly.
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
Great guide...thanks for sharing!

I was using SABnzbd, CP and Sickbeard in tandem before, but this guide helped me with a lot of configuration that truly lends itself to automation. I used to use NzbMatrix as well.
I would really appreciate if someone could send me an invite to nzb.su
Besides not being able to download anything from usenet and none of this software working for me, everything is just terrible.
I have been told for so long how awesome usenet is, and I finally broke down and subscribed, but I can't download ANYTHING. Files are always split up into multiple parts and several are always missing.
Any advice for a beginner? I would love to make all this work.
Files on Usenet are always "split up", that is how NZBs work, they indicate where all those pieces can be found. Thankfully, downloaders like SABnzbd do all of the piecing together for you. As for downloads with missing pieces, that is unfortunately a fact of life with Usenet. Typically, it's the result of DMCA takedown requests that only point to one piece of the file. This is where having a good Usenet provider comes into play. Giganews, Astraweb, and other bigger providers have great retention; which refers to how long they keep posts available. Greater retention means you can download older files. It is very important to make sure SAB, SB, CP, & HP all have the correct retention settings for your newshosting account, otherwise they will be downloading files that are too old and the download will fail. If you are looking to download older and/or less popular stuff, it can help quite a bit to purchase some block-level Usenet access as a backup. Many times, NZBs that are missing files can be filled in by the backup server. Aside from that, hang in there - there some downsides but I personally wouldn't go back to torrents if you paid me.
I signed up for FastUsenet. They have 1,725 days retention and 50 connections. Seems like a good deal to me. Are you saying that the provider itself might not be all that good?
Like I said, I can find just about anything I look for using their supplied newsreader, I just can't download much of it.
I am also wondering if I can get sickbeard to use the same search as my newsreader,
Able to get search results with sick beard finally, but not sure how to add a a second source for searching. I want to use whatever my usenet reader is using if possible, but can't figure out how to do that.
(2013-05-21, 19:16)dkplayaclub Wrote: Able to get search results with sick beard finally, but not sure how to add a a second source for searching. I want to use whatever my usenet reader is using if possible, but can't figure out how to do that.

Well obviously first you need to figure out what its using and if its not a newznab/nzedb site then you're stuck.
Great guide. I set this up last night and have taken a trial with tweaknews. All seems to work except the connection does not appears to be SSL. There is no padlock on Internet explorer when running Sabnzdb. I have ticked the ssl boxes and I am connected via the correct port. I am running MS home server 2011. The security certificate also says non encrypted.

Is there anyway of ensure the download is SSL?
If anyone is looking for an awesome nzbmatrix replacement for your nzb indexer needs I highly recommend nzbgeek. I've been using them for 6 months an it has been awesome. Great community also there that is really helpful and they are always improving the service. They have free indexer along with a paid VIG that's worth it. I've been using it flawlessly with SAB+SB+CP integration.

https://forums.nzbgeek.info/member.php?a...errer=9328
Hey, just wanted to throw this out to the crowd. I just released my first Beta version of the [Flawless] Cloud Media Server ISO which is a Linux Mint Remix pre-packed with SABNzbd+, Sickbeard, Couchpotatoserver, Headphones, Plex, and Madsonic. I have a full install and config guide to go with, so it should get you up and running in record time. Just download it and install!

Download it now at http://hpm.so/flawless-server

Mr. X
httpimpin.com
Is there anyway to get headphones to accept other NZBs? I have an account at NZBgeek but dont know how to add the provider to Headphones if that is even possible. If not, is there an alternative to headphones?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The complete SABnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato and Headphones setup guide for newbies5