• 9(current)
The complete SABnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato and Headphones setup guide for newbies
Music 
(2013-09-26, 18:35)firewolf2k Wrote: Is there anyway to get headphones to accept other NZBs? I have an account at NZBgeek but dont know how to add the provider to Headphones if that is even possible. If not, is there an alternative to headphones?

NZB Geek is a Newznab based indexer. All you need to do is add it to Headphones by clicking on the 'Search Providers' tab and then clicking the 'Add Newznab' button (you can add any Newznab based indexer this way, there's a lot of them Wink ). You'll then need to input your username and api, however it looks like you need a premium VIG account in order to get and API key.

The free account is heavily limited:
* FREE access to the public index site
* NZB download limit of 2 per 24hr period
* NZBgeek Public Indexer is separate to VIG Indexer.

Click here for a comparison of the two accoutn types https://forums.nzbgeek.info/showthread.php?tid=3

If you want setup you own Newznab indexer using the free Newznab Classic version, check out my how-to guide:
Build Your Own Private Usenet Indexer Using Newznab Classic

Hope this helps,
Mr. X
httpimpin.com
Hi all, I see this guide is a couple of years without an update of the OP. Does this guide work equally well for 13.04 raring ringtail?

---
Separate question re: above post:
(2013-09-12, 22:25)httpimpin Wrote: Hey, just wanted to throw this out to the crowd. I just released my first Beta version of the [Flawless] Cloud Media Server ISO which is a Linux Mint Remix pre-packed with SABNzbd+, Sickbeard, Couchpotatoserver, Headphones, Plex, and Madsonic. I have a full install and config guide to go with, so it should get you up and running in record time. Just download it and install!

For Mint only and not Ubuntu?

(2013-09-30, 00:40)AtariBaby Wrote: Separate question re: above post:
(2013-09-12, 22:25)httpimpin Wrote: Hey, just wanted to throw this out to the crowd. I just released my first Beta version of the [Flawless] Cloud Media Server ISO which is a Linux Mint Remix pre-packed with SABNzbd+, Sickbeard, Couchpotatoserver, Headphones, Plex, and Madsonic. I have a full install and config guide to go with, so it should get you up and running in record time. Just download it and install!

For Mint only and not Ubuntu?

Yes, the [Flawless] Server is a Linux Mint Remix which means it is a full OS Installation. It is not a package to install on your existing OS, but rather a complete Linux OS with key programs pre-installed. It's meant to be a solid base that will allow anyone to quickly get up and running in the Usenet arena as well as give easy access to your media via two powerful video and music library managers. It's based on Linux Mint 15 Mate (which is a derivative of Ubuntu 13.04) allowing you to benefit from their stable approach to Linux development in addition to the broad software compatibility you get with Ubuntu. Just download the ISO and burn to it disk or create an installable usb, and then install in on your empty system hard drive (or replace your old OS Wink ). Once you have the [Flawless] Server installed, follow the configuration guide to finish setting up your new Cloud Media Server!

Mr. X
httpimpin.com
I'm setting this up on a VM and would like to know what memory/CPU should I give it. I am running xenserver.
(2014-01-08, 23:33)mdleal82 Wrote: I'm setting this up on a VM and would like to know what memory/CPU should I give it. I am running xenserver.

May I suggest using one of the Turnkey Linux VM from Aceshome.com? Already setup and tiny footprint although I'm not sure how to use them in xen. Mine is setup on ESXi but I won't be able to check the setup till this weekend. I know it was single CPU and little memory though!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Thanks, I'll check it out. I already have one setup on a Xenserver. Are there any advantages of running VMware over xenserver?
I have no experience with xen but ESXi is used commercially a great deal so experience with it is useful for my job :-) Its not too bad to setup so long as the hardware is supported. I was collapsing a bunch of machines into one and getting SAB and other software off my desktop so it made sense for me. You ought to be able to figure out how to get that appliance running in xen I'd think, maybe convert using vmplayer perhaps.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I am looking at getting into really all 3 of these programs. Im starting out with headphones because thats all i really have space for in terms of harddrive and really dont have enough bandwidth for movie/show downloads currently.

I have a few questions. I installed headphones, but I dont really want to use public trackers like pirate bay etc. I have an invite pending for waffles but I know my ratio isnt built up well enough to maintain my membership.

I have been told the https trackers are typically pretty secure and i shouldnt expect warnings from comcast (my IP). My question is how do i get the search usenet services set up? Im not at home but im using the latest version of headphones and it asks for specific information from the NZB? providers and im not sure how to get it all set up. I'm a complete usenet rookie
Hi

Can someone help with this.....

did you install ubuntu server or ubuntu PC.....I am having trouble on ubuntu server...
Is this guide up to date? I am new to this and looking for a good guide.
No, sorry. It's heavily outdated. You can get a better understanding of how it works and what components are needed, but all the step by step lines and links to the software needs a good edit. I have a plan on reinstalling all of it and rewriting the guide, but I can't say when I'll get to it.
(2014-04-17, 10:02)MrHaugen Wrote: No, sorry. It's heavily outdated. You can get a better understanding of how it works and what components are needed, but all the step by step lines and links to the software needs a good edit. I have a plan on reinstalling all of it and rewriting the guide, but I can't say when I'll get to it.

K. I was kinda messing with it yesterday because I was working at home. But couldn't get it completely working.
Can headphones be used standalone with torrents only? I installed it, scanned my music enabled a torrent site and black hole. Items got added to my wanted list but nothing was added to the black hole. What am I missing?

I'm thinking I need to set up an indexer but what indexes the torrent sites?

Thanks
Never mind. Got it working.
(2014-04-25, 05:29)Dsm1212 Wrote: Never mind. Got it working.

What all you have working? I am getting second one tomorrow and thinking trying to get sickbeard, couchpotatoe etc running on it.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The complete SABnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato and Headphones setup guide for newbies5