• 4(current)
The complete SABnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato and Headphones setup guide for newbies
never mind, sorted.

However anyone got any ideas on how to get th eshows to display in XBMC as covers?
Just signed up to first of all thank you for putting this together. Second, I had a few questions.

I've managed to set everything up fine and have it all working together, but now I'm wondering whether I should use https. Could you or someone else add some instructions on setting this up? I read that SickBeard requires some manual edit so that is why I am hesitant to jump in and try it myself.

Also, I haven't set up headphones yet because it is not available on the github address provided. This, to me, is the most important. Could someone pretty, pretty please upload it for me.

Thank you so much again for making this such a painless process. I was just introduced to the world of NZB's last night after a google search because I was thinking there has to be a better way to get my media. My jaw literally dropped when I found out this was all possible.
Found headphones. Mistake on my part.
(2012-04-28, 00:57)dcuellar Wrote: I've managed to set everything up fine and have it all working together, but now I'm wondering whether I should use https. Could you or someone else add some instructions on setting this up? I read that SickBeard requires some manual edit so that is why I am hesitant to jump in and try it myself.
I've not tried SSL my self. The first reason is that I'm on my own network and it's pretty well defended. The second reason is that some of the apps stated that there could be some problems with SSL, and that you might have a harder time getting it all to work.

If you're on some sort of shared network and are afraid of other people sniffing traffic and checking what you download, then I guess you should go for this. Otherwise, if it's just user data like username and password you are afraid that people can get a hold of, I would use another username and password instead. It would at the very least be much less troublesome Smile

(2012-04-28, 00:57)dcuellar Wrote: Thank you so much again for making this such a painless process. I was just introduced to the world of NZB's last night after a google search because I was thinking there has to be a better way to get my media. My jaw literally dropped when I found out this was all possible.
You're welcome. The world of NZB caught me by surprise as well. It's such a great system, but it's unfortunately rather hard for users to getting started. I hope this helps a few at least. My biggest hopes though, is that the media giants out there gets their head out of their ass, and provides people with similar solutions instead of suing everyone, spending billions on copy protections and trying to cling to their old and dying way of making money. People use Internet these days. They do not care about regions, they hate DRM and they want good products for a reasonable price. Well... This will have to do until they finally understand in 10-20 years.
(2012-04-28, 15:00)dcuellar Wrote: Found headphones. Mistake on my part.

Yeah I.made this mistake as well lol. although on my part I deleted all my music first cause I had so much and it was so unorganised, thought headphones would fix that, lol boy was I wrong.
First of all, thanks a lot. This guide is awesome and there would have been no way I could have done this on my own. It is also really cool that this topic is still active and the last reply isn't from 2009 (like a lot of topics out there).

So I got everything working, except Headphones. I have problems getting it to work, but I will provide you with as much information as I can so that maybe you can figure out a problem.

First of all the folder ''Headphones\lib\musicbrainz'' doesn't exist for me, I have ''Headphones\lib\musicbrainz2'' for some reason. You can see the contents in the image.

So I just picked that folder and changed the ''webservice.py'' file in there. I changed the host and port to what the guide said it should be, as you can see in the next picture.

But I still get an error when I add an artist and it tries to get the data about that artist. In the code box below are some of the errors I have gotten.
Code:
Attempt to retrieve artist information from MusicBrainz failed for artistid: cc0b7089-c08d-4c10-b6b0-873582c17fd6 (HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable)

Error fetching artist info. ID: cc0b7089-c08d-4c10-b6b0-873582c17fd6

Attempt to query MusicBrainz for System of a down failed (HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable)

Now because it says service unavailable I think it could be two things. 1 The service is really unavailable and 2 I did something wrong and now I hope I have added enough information to get an idea of what the problem is.

Thanks in advance,

Bob
Hi Bob,

I was in exactly the same position as you (tried following the instructions, exact same story).

After reading through a few posts and threads I got the impression that none of the free options currently work - except for setting up your own Musicbrainz mirror (read this thread for hints on how to do that).
I decided to donate $10 to the VIP server and by that also support the development of this app. It has been amazing since, I am blown away by the potential of this app, and can highly recommend donating. If you can spare the $10 it will be well worth it for you, and the devs def deserve something for their efforts.

Just my 2c.
(2012-05-13, 12:04)AncientWisdom Wrote: Hi Bob,

I was in exactly the same position as you (tried following the instructions, exact same story).

After reading through a few posts and threads I got the impression that none of the free options currently work - except for setting up your own Musicbrainz mirror (read this thread for hints on how to do that).
I decided to donate $10 to the VIP server and by that also support the development of this app. It has been amazing since, I am blown away by the potential of this app, and can highly recommend donating. If you can spare the $10 it will be well worth it for you, and the devs def deserve something for their efforts.

Just my 2c.

Same here. Was getting a bunch of errors until I donated to get the headphones mirror. Follow these steps though.

1. Go to settings > advanced and under musicbrainz select headphones and then tap on "Get an account"
2. Follow the steps, donate, and plug in that user and pass back on the headphones settings.

Works like a charm. Also, the new headphones looks awesome. Apparently Rembo is getting help from a design guru who is doing a great job because it looks awesome.

If I could add something to this guide I would recommend that a folder for each of the plugins (headphones, CouchPotato, and SickBeard) be added to the completed folder. Because each plugin independently moves the file to its final destination and processes it it becomes a pain in the butt when they are in the same folder because shows based off of movies or vice versa can be picked up by the wrong plugin.

So, the way I have it is one folder to download on my main drive for all three services.
Sab then transfers completed files to folders for each service within the completed folder which is located on another drive.
Then each plugin processes from these folders and places them in their final destination back on the main drive.
If you interested in icon editing, try IconLover icon editor.
(2012-05-13, 13:32)dcuellar Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 12:04)AncientWisdom Wrote: Hi Bob,

Just my 2c.

Same here. Was getting a bunch of errors until I donated to get the headphones mirror. Follow these steps though.

1. Go to settings > advanced and under musicbrainz select headphones and then tap on "Get an account"
2. Follow the steps, donate, and plug in that user and pass back on the headphones settings.

Works like a charm. Also, the new headphones looks awesome. Apparently Rembo is getting help from a design guru who is doing a great job because it looks awesome.

Okay, I just signed up for VIP and now it seems that for everything I attempt to pull, I get the following information message: "NZB contains a file out of your retention. Skipping."

When I first used Headphones, things worked flawlessly and then musicbrainz slowed things down. Now that I am on VIP, I am not sure why I would be getting this message. If I look at the RSS feed that Headphones is attempting to use, I can see the entries there along with a link to DL the nzb file.

Any thoughts?

I am using NZBMatrix as my search provider.

EDIT: NVM - I guess I didn't restart Headphones after I applied the changes. All seems to be working now.
Great guide, well done.

I did a similar guide but with XBMC last year. Need to update it now I'm back in the UK but most is still valid Smile

http://www.tekforums.net/guides-projects...ge-heavy)/
Hi,

First of all the guide was very easy to follow.

However I'm not sure it's working for me.

As a first test I tried to add the show 'Ringer', which it picked up ok, having 22 episodes.
However the status is stuck at 'Wanted', and when I click the magnifying glass on Sickbeard it says now episode found, however when I search for this program on nzb.su, it finds the episodes just fine, and in the quality I've selected to be default (HDTV/720p WEB-DL)
Any idea why it says none found?

One other thing: These quality episodes seem to be around 700-1600MB, what 'quality' are the 170MB or so ones I seem to have been downloading so far?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I've found the problem but I'm unsure how to fix it;

Under the error log on Sickbeard it says;
2012-06-08 15:56:24.918000 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-248868 :: Error trying to load NZB.su RSS feed: syntax error: line 1, column 44
2012-06-08 15:58:32.161000 SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Authentication error: Your authentication info for NZB.su is incorrect, check your config
2012-06-08 15:58:32.161000 SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: No NZB/Torrent providers found or enabled in the sickbeard config. Please check your settings.
2012-06-08 16:03:56.174000 SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Error trying to load NZB.su RSS feed: syntax error: line 1, column 44

When following the setup steps, you mentioned in the drop down list that nzb.su was there, however it was not in my list (I have the latest version downloaded) so I manually created one under Configure Custom Newznab providers, and this is where I put nzb.su.
For the URL I put their homepage, http://nzb.su/welcome/, but when manually entering one there's no option to put a user ID, so I suspect this is where it' picking up the authentication issue.
How do I go around fixing it?

Final-EDIT: I fixed it, just put in https://nzb.su/ instead and that fixed it... whoops!
Updating the guide with some additional info from the latest replays now.
(2012-05-18, 19:51)Elfman Wrote: [Okay, I just signed up for VIP and now it seems that for everything I attempt to pull, I get the following information message: "NZB contains a file out of your retention. Skipping."

As far as I know, retention is something you can configure in each application. I've recommended setting this to 1000-1100 days or something around that, and that is the maximum age in days that the data have been on the servers. If older data is found it simply skips downloading it. So, you'll probably need to set the retention amount higher in Headphones (or is this only set in sabnzbd?). This will give you a wider selection of downloads, but you might also often find broken files. As the servers often dumps their old data when it pass their advertised retention amount. However, as music downloads often are much smaller than movies or episodes, this might work better for music. It's worth a shot when there's something old you really want.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The complete SABnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato and Headphones setup guide for newbies5