XBMC Keeps Crashing
any update on this? mine was working fine on the apple tv till i replaced the aj addon repo with an older one from my pc that has 'filmi by nature' working on it. now the apple tv just turns on for few secs then crashes... help!
@JLEW700 and canecop: the problem appears to be loading extra add-on repositories. If you post a list of all the extra repositories you have installed I will load them on my system and see if I can reproduce the crash.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:@JLEW700 and canecop: the problem appears to be loading extra add-on repositories. If you post a list of all the extra repositories you have installed I will load them on my system and see if I can reproduce the crash.

JR

So for this unit I have the following repos installed. But I also did a fresh install on another unit and opened XBMC without installing any repos and the first time I open XBMC it crashes then after that I can go into XBMC and hang out in there without it crashing for as long as I want (I didn't upload those logs because they are extremely long and its the same thing over and over so I dont think theres anything wrong there other then the initial crash)

Navi-X_37_2.zip
plugin.program.repo.installer-1.0.4.zip
repository.andrepl.zip
repository.bluecop.xbmc-plugins.zip
repository.divingmule.addons.zip
repository.googlecode.anarchintosh-projects.1.0.1.zip
repository.googlecode.blutendes.zip
repository.googlecode.dandar3-xbmc-addons.zip
repository.googlecode.izexbmcaddons.zip
repository.googlecode.sparetime.zip
repository.googlecode.xbmc-addons.zip
repository.googlecode.xbmc-tvshack.zip
repository.MaxMustermann.xbmc-1.0.1.ForRepoInstaller.zip
repository.MaxMustermann.xbmc-1.0.1.zip
repository.mortstar.addons-1.2.0.zip
repository.queeup-1.0.2.zip
repository.t0mm0-1.0.3.zip
repository.unofficial.addons.zip
repository.xbmc-adult.zip
repository.xbmcnerds.zip
jhsrennie Wrote:@JLEW700 and canecop: the problem appears to be loading extra add-on repositories. If you post a list of all the extra repositories you have installed I will load them on my system and see if I can reproduce the crash.

JR

Thanks for the reply. These are the repos I have.

JR

So I just installed these repos on my other device (without enabling any of the add-ons from the repos) then rebooted XBMC. When I went back into XBMC it crashed after a couple of seconds. Then I went back into XBMC and am able to hang out in there without any crashes. (I still have'nt enabled any of the add-ons from the installed repos) Here is my log and installed repo's for this device.

plugin.program.repo.installer-1.0.4
repository.bluecop.xbmc-plugins
repository.googlecode.anarchintosh-projects.1.0.1
repository.MaxMustermann.xbmc-1.0.1
repository.mortstar.addons-1.2.0
repository.t0mm0-1.0.3

http://pastebin.com/RkJGvKR3
Ok, I unplugged my router, so no wifi to the ATV2, uninstalled blutends addons and uninstalled icefilms. I plugged the router back in and brought up xbmc. No crash. I installed icefilms back and still no crash. I'll keep you posted.
Looks like for me anyways Bluetends is the culprit
johnm109r Wrote:Looks like for me anyways Bluetends is the culprit

So once you uninstalled the Bluetends repo xbmc doesn't crash on you anymore?
JLEW700 Wrote:So once you uninstalled the Bluetends repo xbmc doesn't crash on you anymore?

That is what was crashing mine.
JLEW700 Wrote:So once you uninstalled the Bluetends repo xbmc doesn't crash on you anymore?

yup no more crashing Smile
johnm109r Wrote:Looks like for me anyways Bluetends is the culprit

Which on is Bluetends?
well it's the repo you must of installed through the install zip called bluetends...just unplug your router so there is no connection this will let you in the xbmc without crashing.. once your in goto where you repos are installed and un-install that repo..then reboot aptv2..and reconnect your router and you will be fine...Smile
johnm109r Wrote:well it's the repo you must of installed through the install zip called bluetends...just unplug your router so there is no connection this will let you in the xbmc without crashing.. once your in goto where you repos are installed and un-install that repo..then reboot aptv2..and reconnect your router and you will be fine...Smile

I dont have a repo called bluetends, nor have I ever had a repo called bluetends. I have one called "repository.bluecop.xbmc-plugins" is that it?
JLEW700 Wrote:I dont have a repo called bluetends, nor have I ever had a repo called bluetends. I have one called "repository.bluecop.xbmc-plugins" is that it?

nope thats not it .....from here I don't know what to tell you as you can see i'm new at this to...
It seems the issue is with repositories. I am getting it with both Hitchers and anarchintosh's repos. Drop my internet connection, delete them and all is good. It seems on xbmc boot there is a check for updates for the repos, which it isn't happy with. Also trying to refresh the repo from add-ons will also cause the crash.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Keeps Crashing0