XBMC Remote + [Windows 8 Metro app]
I cant find the XBMC app in the Store either, im running Windows 8 Enterpise, downloaded today with my MSDN subscription account. Activated.

Could it be because im from Sweden, so the Swedish App Store does not support it?
Found it, had to turn off "help me finding apps in my own language" under settings in the Store.

Now however after i installed, i cannot connect. I have the android app and can connect using that one, but with the same credentials and the local firewall turned off i just cant get a connection.

Running 1.0.0.9
Connecting through browser works also, tried on port 8080,81,80
(2012-10-21, 03:30)ralcar Wrote: Found it, had to turn off "help me finding apps in my own language" under settings in the Store.

Now however after i installed, i cannot connect. I have the android app and can connect using that one, but with the same credentials and the local firewall turned off i just cant get a connection.

Running 1.0.0.9

Same here.

Any chance that's gonna get fixed?
(2012-10-23, 06:50)paendorz Wrote:
(2012-10-21, 03:30)ralcar Wrote: Found it, had to turn off "help me finding apps in my own language" under settings in the Store.

Running 1.0.0.9

Same here.

can you give more information on the version of XBMC you are running?
thanks
(2012-10-29, 05:14)hello_man Wrote:
(2012-10-23, 06:50)paendorz Wrote:

Running 1.0.0.9

Same here.

can you give more information on the version of XBMC you are running?
thanks

Eden (11.0).

Using W8 x64 Professional, disabled firewall and antivirus and nothing.

Also, it's accessible from the browser.

Any ideas?
Are you running the app on the same machine as the XBMC instance?
In that case that is the answer, Win8 apps are not allowed access to localhost on the machine and can only communicate with remote Machines.
(2012-10-30, 19:23)zetterlund Wrote: Are you running the app on the same machine as the XBMC instance?
In that case that is the answer, Win8 apps are not allowed access to localhost on the machine and can only communicate with remote Machines.

Yes, I am.

Kind of a weird restriction, but okay. :/
(2012-10-31, 05:45)paendorz Wrote:
(2012-10-30, 19:23)zetterlund Wrote: Are you running the app on the same machine as the XBMC instance?

Yes, I am.

Kind of a weird restriction, but okay. :/

Yes, quite a stupid regulation, I agree.
But when you think about it, do you really need a remote to a local instance?
Just install a skin of your choice and use XBMC. Wink
I have a 23in touchscreen Acer Aspire situated on the coffee table and connected to XBMC through a long HDMI cable. I have XBMC running all the time on the "extended display setup/full screen #2" and it works great. However, there is no good touch XBMC skins that work well in the Win8 environment. I would much prefer to use a Win8 XBMC app instead, but this localhost restriction is making it impossible. Web interface works fine but is very plain.. Sad

Anyone found any solutions yet?
Setup your router to forward the port back to your pc. Whether that works or not depends on your router though, some don't do internal forwarding.
With Frodo being in Release Candidate status now is there going to be a version supporting it shortly?

It is wonderful to hear that this APP is available unfortunately I am having problems connecting to my RASPBMC server running Version 12 (Frodo) . Is the current version of the APP compatible with Frodo?
The recent update works with Frodo.
Using a Surface Pro and XBMC Remote+'s remote isn't working.
I'm also getting connection errors, with xbmc remote+ app, on windows 8.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote + [Windows 8 Metro app]2