2 hours for XBMC to fetch media information? and then crash?
Hi,

I have encountered a new problem.

I added my library (TVShows/Two shares in one) with about 40 TVShows(700GB).

After the share is added I got a question about fetching information about the library, I choose Yes. It then began do work it way through the library but it took ALOT of time, after 2 hours it was almost finished and then it sayd that it could not communicate with the remote server!? I got a new question if I wanted to go on or stop the fetcher.

XBMC have not worked that well so this is far from the first time that I add a share and I can´t remeber that it took over 2 hours!?

My library is built with Ember(Media Manager) so all information(nfo, fanart, thimbs, etc) that is needed is in the folders. XBMC should not need to fetch anything from internet so I dont get why its so slow?

Then about the faild communication. My computer with the library is running Windows7 and it does not just stop communicating. Its however not the first time that openelec complains about not able to connect to the server but it only accoures while fetching data when I have added a new share.

Maby its not my computer that is not responding but a online/internet server that is not responding? How could I know? There is really no need for it to go on internet to fetch information, everything is in the correct folder with the correct namings.

Hardware : Zotac ND22
If you have local nfo's etc it shouldn't be communicating with any server.

Would need to see your debug log to see whether xbmc is seeing the local nfo's etc or trying to scrape the information.
unabatedshagie Wrote:If you have local nfo's etc it shouldn't be communicating with any server.

Would need to see your debug log to see whether xbmc is seeing the local nfo's etc or trying to scrape the information.

I can fix that, but my current log is big so how do I clear it?
It should make a new log at startup with the last one being called xbmc.old.log or something.

Need to remember to enable debug logging in the settings.

Then upload it to pastebin.com
pastebin seems to be out off service right now but I will post it as soon as its online again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 hours for XBMC to fetch media information? and then crash?0