Err msg: Script Failed: Plugin.video.youtube
:mad:I keep getting this message when I try to watch to a YouTube video, no matter what one I select. It also states to check "Log File" for details, where is this located?

It appears that You Tube didn't install correctly. How do I go about trying to re-install You Tube again?

I'm running XP and this was working OK on my first install of XBMC, but I had to re-install it due to a repostitory I installed, messed up XBMC. This is the only thing that is giving me a problem after the re-install.

I'm running XBMC 10.1
rmoorhou Wrote::mad:I keep getting this message when I try to watch to a YouTube video, no matter what one I select. It also states to check "Log File" for details, where is this located?

It appears that You Tube didn't install correctly. How do I go about trying to re-install You Tube again?

I'm running XP and this was working OK on my first install of XBMC, but I had to re-install it due to a repostitory I installed, messed up XBMC. This is the only thing that is giving me a problem after the re-install.

I'm running XBMC 10.1

Yea same here. I thought it could have been a issue with just my pc, but looks like im not alone. I will dig around and see if i can find a fix.

EDIT: Here is the fix...

First uninstall the youtube plugin just to clear out settings and other stuff. Then reinstall it and enable it.

Once you do that, download and install http://download.tuxfamily.org/notepadplu...taller.exe

Trust me this notepad app will make life easier when opening and finding a certain code to edit in many script files.

After you installed notepad ++, you need to go to your xbmc application data directory in Windows...

I am on windows xp so here is my application data directory

C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR USERNAME>\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube

once you are in the plug.video.youtube directory, look for a file called YouTubePlayer.py

right click on the file and open with notepad++

Now on the left hand side of notepad++ you will see numbers tell you where the code is on a line.

scroll down and locate line 302, so just look for the number 302 on the left hand side. On that line you should see this code...

"data = re.findall('="(ttsurl=.*?)"', data)" Without the quotes

delete that line ONLY and paste this in the blank line space...

data = re.findall('flashvars="(.*?)"', data)

Now save the file (dont save as, just save.. you want to keep the original file name intact)

run xbmc, run the youtube app and watch videos!!!!!

Here is a post about it...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=994...count=1789

all credit goes to enigma83, evanroheff21 and the rest who fixed it and to others.
Thanks osaeed!! That worked great. I had given up hope of ever finding an answer to this problem. Also thanks for pointing me to notepad ++, it's a great program.
rmoorhou Wrote:Thanks osaeed!! That worked great. I had given up hope of ever finding an answer to this problem. Also thanks for pointing me to notepad ++, it's a great program.

Awesome man, now lets spread the word!
Quote:scroll down and locate line 302, so just look for the number 302 on the left hand side. On that line you should see this code...

I've been having the same problem with the youtube plugin suddenly giving a script error. I didn't bother removing the plugin and just applied the above "fix". It worked great, many thanks!
osaeed Wrote:Yea same here. I thought it could have been a issue with just my pc, but looks like im not alone. I will dig around and see if i can find a fix.

First uninstall the youtube plugin just to clear out settings and other stuff. Then reinstall it and enable it.

Once you do that, download and install http://download.tuxfamily.org/notepadplu...taller.exe

Trust me this notepad app will make life easier when opening and finding a certain code to edit in many script files.

After you installed notepad ++, you need to go to your xbmc application data directory in Windows...

C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR USERNAME>\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube

once you are in the plug.video.youtube directory, look for a file called YouTubePlayer.py

Now on the left hand side of notepad++ you will see numbers tell you where the code is on a line.

scroll down and locate line 302, so just look for the number 302 on the left hand side. On that line you should see this code...

Now save the file (dont save as, just save.. you want to keep the original file name intact)

all credit goes to enigma83, evanroheff21 and the rest who fixed it and to others.

Awesome, I have same problem, and after follow this instruction, the problem is gone.. it's work !, I can download my favourite music clip from youtube..
thank you very much
Thumbs Up 
Thanks a lot!!~ Smile
worked like a charm. Great directions for novice like me
Thanks for your help!

Instructions for Windows 7 users:

1. The folder it's in is hidden; so in order to see it:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windo...dden-files
    Quote:1. Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.

2. Click the View tab.

3. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

2. Navigate to:

C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube

osaeed Wrote:...

all credit goes to enigma83, evanroheff21[, osaeed,] and the rest who fixed it and to others.
I did what you guys said to do and it worked perfectly. I was relieved but two days later it started doing it again? Crazy! Has anyone had the same experience? Going to do the same process over and hope it does not happen once again.
I am having this same problem using live. I cant for the life of me find YouTubePlayer.py

Anybody want to give me a hint as to where I can find this?
(2012-01-21, 07:35)osaeed Wrote:
rmoorhou Wrote::mad:I keep getting this message when I try to watch to a YouTube video, no matter what one I select. It also states to check "Log File" for details, where is this located?

I'm running XBMC 10.1

Yea same here. I thought it could have been a issue with just my pc, but looks like im not alone. I will dig around and see if i can find a fix.

this has been happening with other add-ons as well, (e.g. ESPN Video, Food Network, Free Cable (Bluecop repository))

will this same process work for that or is it a different process?
Thankts
So I'm running Eden and have the Metropolis and TheCollective's YouTube v3.1.0 addon installed. Whenever I try and launch the app or watch a trailer for a movie, I'm getting the "Script Failed! plugin.video.youtube" error. Per the notes above, I navigated to the YouTubePlayer.py file but was unable to find "data = re.findall('="(ttsurl=.*?)" on line 302. Instead I found the corrected line of code mentioned above "data = re.findall('flashvars="(.*?)"', data)" on line 801. So it looks like the most updated version of this YouTube plugin has the fix, but I'm still getting the error. Anyone else having issues with this?
codeseven, same error here. I worked around it by changing YouTubeCore.py line 841 from

if res[i]:

to

if i < len(res) and res[i]:

And then I can play youtube videos. Not sure what other effects that change has though.
(2012-08-03, 03:18)codeseven Wrote: So I'm running Eden and have the Metropolis and TheCollective's YouTube v3.1.0 addon installed. Whenever I try and launch the app or watch a trailer for a movie, I'm getting the "Script Failed! plugin.video.youtube" error. Per the notes above, I navigated to the YouTubePlayer.py file but was unable to find "data = re.findall('="(ttsurl=.*?)" on line 302. Instead I found the corrected line of code mentioned above "data = re.findall('flashvars="(.*?)"', data)" on line 801. So it looks like the most updated version of this YouTube plugin has the fix, but I'm still getting the error. Anyone else having issues with this?

i have the same problem

help? somebody?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Err msg: Script Failed: Plugin.video.youtube0