How to get rid of movie sets - xbmc eden
After some internal discussion we made the decision to re-enable set scraping by default. We will introduce a GUI setting to flatten sets instead. So in case you would get in love with sets later, you can turn it on, since the info is there in the Db.

So the option has reverted in scraper version 3.0.5
olympia Wrote:The scraper is not getting artwork at all. Only set title where the movie belongs to.

You're right, the ones that looked to be for collection were in fact the first movie.

So shouldn't the scraper get these if they're available?

Thanks.
The scraper could get these, but no XBMC core support, yet.
Ah, I understand now.

So could the links at least be provided for access from the 'Get thumb/fanart' buttons or is that XBMC core as well?

Thanks.

PS Sorry for taking this off topic, please move if you want.
You mean to include set images in the links for 'Get thumb/fanart' buttons of a movie which belongs to a set? This could be probably possible, but I don't see how this was useful.
Personally I thought it was a better idea turning it off in the scraper what if you use sets for different cuts of a movie, extended, directors cut etc but not for movies that are part of a series in this instance you couldn't use TMDb to scrape any more as you would get movies in a series as part of a set if you use flatten you loose the sets for different cuts of a movie

I use sets in this way its not a problem for me as I use nfo's but though I'd mention it having it as a scraper setting this wouldn't be a problem

Although got to agree being able to enable and disable sets is a nice option
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
olympia Wrote:You mean to include set images in the links for 'Get thumb/fanart' buttons of a movie which belongs to a set? This could be probably possible, but I don't see how this was useful.

Sorry, I meant when you bring up the context menu on a set you've got the option to add thumb and fanart for the set.
At the moment you can only browse for the images which seems to defeat the purpose of having XBMC handle sets if the user still has to download the images themselves.

No?
Hitcher Wrote:Sorry, I meant when you bring up the context menu on a set you've got the option to add thumb and fanart for the set.
At the moment you can only browse for the images which seems to defeat the purpose of having XBMC handle sets if the user still has to download the images themselves.

Right. XBMC is still not handling sets very well atm. Having the scraper scrape the set titles is at least to avoid the need to use mixed NFOs to set sets.
...but no, there is no way to provide the image links from scraper to these context menu buttons. An ideal future would be to have a set info panel, similarly to movie info panel to display set information.
OK, no problem - just thought I'd ask.

Thanks.
Glad this is being discussed. I have the same "star wars issue", and was hoping there would be some answers. Maybe there could be an option where, once you're viewing a movie collection, you could dissable collection view for that set. Then the movies would show up individually in your library, but other movie sets would still have the collection view.
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Also I (and a lot of others) would like movie set support back in smartplaylists. This was change several months ago but for a lot of people the way it now is it is broken.

Since the scraper now supports it it seems reasonable to get this function back in some way.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=120932
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
To flip this will there be an easy way (no nfo editing) to add to sets?
Three things to note for Eden:

1. The TMDB scraper will scrape set information by default, no matter what. No options to turn this off.
2. There will be a setting "Group movies in sets" disabled by default.
3. If you don't like the sets the scraper gives, you can override them using the .nfo file.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:3. If you don't like the sets the scraper gives, you can override them using the .nfo file.

I'm assuming this is a change to come in the next release? Because currently Beta 2 is ignoring the movie.nfo sets I've created
Unless I am missing something here, for me, in library view, on a movie set I didn't want, I pressed C and chose to delete the collection, it then asks if you want to delete the movies as well, and I chose no, then the movies revert back to a single view.

Not a great solution if you have loads, or if the scrapper keeps recreating them (does it?), but it works for me.

Steve

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get rid of movie sets - xbmc eden0