How to get rid of movie sets - xbmc eden
@EGOvoruhk: Yes, the fix went in after b2. If your nfo file isn't being read at all, then that's completely unrelated to this thread.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:@EGOvoruhk: Yes, the fix went in after b2. If your nfo file isn't being read at all, then that's completely unrelated to this thread.

My NFO files are being read, as that's where the scrapper is pulling the info from. I have the IMDB info in them. They also grouped everything in movie sets fine in Beta 1. The only change has been Beta 2, and it was a fresh install (no old XBMC data)
I like the idea of sets. Makes sense when dealing with movie collections. Would be nice to be able to create your own set throught the menu and then adding movies to the sets you created. Almost like linking movies to tv shows. Some of my auto generated sets are are totally off. For example, Set name the Consultant, inside it put captain america and hulkHuh
Star 
GuyDanger Wrote:Set name the Consultant, inside it put captain america and hulkHuh
I see nothing wrong in that... I consult with my super hero's every time I'm in crisis. As a side note, I think the idea was let the database and scraper look after sets..., but the code and the database are not quite ready for us. If you can get by the XWMM interface, it handles sets nicely and as a bonus changes material the in the library directly.
My Problem is I have all movies (Star Wars, Godfather etc.) twice in my Library (Movie Sets + Movies). Is there way to show them only in the Movie Sets View?
Star 
cd492 Wrote:My Problem is I have all movies (Star Wars, Godfather etc.) twice in my Library (Movie Sets + Movies). Is there way to show them only in the Movie Sets View?
That IS a strange occurrence.. sounds like you scraped up the new sets and they're now out of the 'set's list... while the original are still around. Clean-up doesn't seem to be catching everything anymore... (kinda confusing for sure).

I suspect the ultimate solution in your case, is to determine which sets.. are properly pathed and stack correctly in movie mode... so you get only a cover set with all the files within hidden. Then delete the ghost covers....

I'll reiterate that the XWMM interface, will help you make sense of this faster.
PatK Wrote:That IS a strange occurrence.. sounds like you scraped up the new sets and they're now out of the 'set's list... while the original are still around. Clean-up doesn't seem to be catching everything anymore... (kinda confusing for sure).

I suspect the ultimate solution in your case, is to determine which sets.. are properly pathed and stack correctly in movie mode... so you get only a cover set with all the files within hidden. Then delete the ghost covers....

I'll reiterate that the XWMM interface, will help you make sense of this faster.

Sorry for the confusion.

I have in Movie Sets
- The Pink Panther Collection
--> Part 1
--> Part 2
--> ....

That's ok.

Then I have in Movies

- The House Of The Devil
- The Pink Panther Collection
--> Part 1
--> Part 2
--> ....

- Tron

How can I hide the Collection in my Moves View?
I'm not sure you can hide sets in your movie collection, sets are seen in the skin T! as gold covers [with a multi disk icon] and become the gateway to your set, all sub listings within that set are hidden behind the movie set. This might be skin dependent to some extent and you may be having issues with how your skin see's the sets.. if they're not stacking, check with your skin forum.

Everything that is listed in the 'Movies' must be already scraped in with the library, and the exception is sets; which becomes stacked listings with in movies.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets

I suppose you could create a folder (e.g. James Bond) copy all your JB folder to that folder complete with .nfo image etc.. stick a folder.jpg on it
as a place holder and only access it in file mode... considering you've taken them out of the library.. there will be no information listed and hence will not turn up in library mode... but they still will be accessible in file mode (set the scrapers to ignore that sub folder).
jmarshall Wrote:Three things to note for Eden:

1. The TMDB scraper will scrape set information by default, no matter what. No options to turn this off.
2. There will be a setting "Group movies in sets" disabled by default.
3. If you don't like the sets the scraper gives, you can override them using the .nfo file.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Where would the "Group movies in sets" setting be in Eden beta 2?
Or is it for beta 3?

Cheers
beta3
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'm running Eden Beta 2 on ATV2. I have my movie sets set up manually using the nfo files, example:

<movie>
<set>Star Wars Series</set>
<sorttitle>Star Wars 2</sorttitle>
</movie>

It has been working perfectly up until now -- and movies/sets that don't change are fine when rescanned even now.

However, if I change a file, then clean & rescan (or remove a set from from the library, then rescan), I now get 2 problems:

1) The set now shows up twice - once as I set it up (e.g. Star Wars Series) and once using the new auto feature (which gets called Star Wars Collection). I tried setting <flattenmoviesets> to 'false' in advancedsettings.xml -- but that made both disappear & caused the movies to show up individually.

2) Within both the "collection" and "series" groups, I get each movie listed twice.

Please let me know if I can explain this more clearly. If this was already figured out and fixed in Beta 3, sorry for the unnecessary report and THANKS!
NFO sets are still broken in Beta 3

I just did a full uninstall, profile and all, then installed Beta 3, turned on sets in the settings, and added all of my movies to the library. It's ignoring any NFO sets I've created, and instead uses The MovieDB sets. Example, my Alien set (that worked perfectly fine in Beta 1) named "Alien Series" gets renamed to "Alien Anthology". It's also ignoring any sets I've created that The MovieDB doesn't have sets set up for, like a set I created for the two Bill & Ted movies

Is there any way to turn off The MovieDB set scrapping, and just leave my local defined sets on?
Star 
I haven't had a problem with my pre-made sets.. Oscar Winners, Sun Down Films, etc... B3 respects them all with the sets on in the settings. I do have the IMdb set as the scraper though.
PatK Wrote:I haven't had a problem with my pre-made sets.. Oscar Winners, Sun Down Films, etc... B3 respects them all with the sets on in the settings. I do have the IMdb set as the scraper though.

How do you have your NFOs set up? I just started over with IMdb set up as my scrapper, and it hasn't created any funky sets like The Moviedb yet, but it also seems to be passing over my self created sets

Here's an example of one of my Alien NFOs:
Code:
<movie>
    <title>Alien (Director's Cut)</title>
    <set>Alien Series</set>
    <sorttitle>Alien 1</sorttitle>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078748/

Beta 3 seems to be just ignoring my NFO altogether, because Alien is showing up as just "Alien" and not "Alien (Director's Cut). Which doesn't make sense, because it worked fine in Beta 1, and all of my files are on an SMB share which hasn't been touched since well before Beta 1 was working, so I know the files are in the exact same working order
Star 
I really haven't changed my set-up from pre-Dharma, the .nfo was set-up using XWMM.. on occasion I'll update the cover of a movie and it instantly loses the set flag in the .nfo and I'll have to go and re-set it... consider that XWMM does the .nfo change to your library, on the save it becomes part of the set again. I suspect you're changing the .nfo in the folder... and not bringing them back in to the library with a refresh. From my understanding and what I see in my .nfo.. your flag is correct.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get rid of movie sets - xbmc eden0