Skin & UI Suggestions for Frodo
pecinko Wrote:ListItem.Description to rule them all:
Idea is to aggregate all plots, show plots and similar into one - Item description. For compatibility sake old ones can stay in place, but considered obsolete.

Does this mean there would no longer be a PlotOutline and a Plot as separate entities?? I hope not, as I've used the PlotOutline as a comment filed for all my movies, which allows me to add notes to movies (things like subtitle streams etc)

I could live with it if a "Comment" field was added though.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
No that should only merge ListItem.Plot, ListItem.ShowPlot, ListItem.Property(Album_Description) and ListItem.Property(Artist_Description) to ListItem.Description because it's all basically the same and if I'm not wrong there's never a place where 2 of those info labels appear.
Support for multiimage controls that update correctly for use in DialogSeekBar &/or VideoFullScreen - meaning you can have quite informative pause screens with (say Wink updated weather radar pics etc., and/or other informational graphical elements...

(currently the images in the path are updated only on initial skin load)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
KidKiwi Wrote:Does this mean there would no longer be a PlotOutline and a Plot as separate entities?? I hope not, as I've used the PlotOutline as a comment filed for all my movies, which allows me to add notes to movies (things like subtitle streams etc)

That's interesting way of using PlotOutlineSmile

No, as Black said, those are not affected.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

jmarshall Wrote:<overlaytexture> is unlikely to be added unless there is an extreme need for it. You already have a diffuse + border, do you really need something else? Prove it.

When using light effects on image (glass, shading) you mostly need them on top of Thumb. Diffuse and BorderTexture are of no use here, if I'm not mistaken.

Currently the only way is using an extra image and placing it in code in such a way that it will render after Thumb. This is problematic to do with aspectratio=keep images.

Bordertexture would be perfect, if you could alter Z order, making it to render above Thumb:

<bordertexture alignZ="top">GlassOverlay.png</bordertexture>
<bordersize>0</bordersize>

with alignZ that defaults to "bottom" (current border texture behavior)

Makes sense?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:That's interesting way of using PlotOutlineSmile

No, as Black said, those are not affected.

Thx. As there is no comment field that I know of, then it's the next best thing. Means running a custom skin though, but I tend not to upgrade very often - too much to change!

It would be nice if a comment field was a stock part of xbmc. There are lots of things to comment on. Perhaps this wouldn't be necessary if xbmc exported every little piece of info in the db - but very necessary when you rebuild the db from scratch.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Scroll by letter instead of page?
Stranger Wrote:Scroll by letter instead of page?

+1
jmarshall Wrote:<overlaytexture> is unlikely to be added unless there is an extreme need for it. You already have a diffuse + border, do you really need something else? Prove it.

This could be very usefull for some picture related views.. An overlay with some meta data.
ControlGroup(foo).Position(foo)

Something that bothered me from the beginning is lack of possibility to make animation based on focused position in Grouplist control. HasFocus(foo) can't be used always as sometimes items are hidden, unknown ID (like in context menu) or are subject to change without notice (system buttons).
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Gradients for text would be a very welcome addition.
Would be nice if the zoom animation wouldn't stretch the border of an image if specified. It should be an option of course.
ListItem.IsHD (for 720 and 1080 videos)

I know it can be achieved using string comparison but it would be much easier if this check would be available.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Don't think that's necessary... IntegerGreaterThan(...) is fast and easy enough.
I would like to suggest a boolean if a movie or tv show and any of it's underlying items (episodes/seasons) or musicvideo are in the recently added database part, lets say ListItem.IsRecent. Reason for this is that I show a marker in my skin to indicate that the item has been recently added and I do this now by a whole bunch of stringcompares on the recently added home window properties. Alternatively a ListItem.DatabasePath could also do the trick I think, still substrings are needed then, but not as much as I have to do now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin & UI Suggestions for Frodo0