Skin & UI Suggestions for Frodo
I expect ListItem.DateAdded will become available soon which would do what you want there. I have no problem with XBMC giving you a property for determining whether something is recently added though (eg if we allow how recently added to be defined by the user).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Unless I can do a calculation based on systemdate i don't see how I can do that with dateadded?
I was thinking the property will be set to true when the database path of the item is in videodb://4/ , videodb://5/ or videodb://6/.
Only tricky part indeed is the advancedsetting that can be set to whatever by the users.
Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. You're only wanting to know if you're in a recently added node? That would be a container.content thing.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

For example I want to show in the normal movie view if an item is also in videodb://4/. That can't be done with container.content right as it applies to the whole container?

EDIT: This is what I do now to do show what I want, with only one drawback and that is if an episode is watched and in the recent added home properties the marker still shows for seasons and tv shows.
http://pastebin.com/0FNJM6wP
Are you wanting to show a "NEW!" image or some such? If so, using dateadded compared with the current date will do the trick.

exactly, but the dateadded compared to current date will of course only be valid for that particular day that is was added. In the current situation it shows the flag if it's in the recently added list which is nicer I think. It works pretty well how I do it now, I'm just looking for a way to get rid of the ridiculous amount of stringcompares.
Nah, we'll add neat things to allow date in the last foo compares, date subtraction etc.

The problem is that the recently added list could be dynamic - i.e. in the future it's "just" another smart playlist, so could be up to the user to specify what it is (or it may not exist on the users system or whatever). Thus, we won't be able to compare to it necessarily.

Ofcourse, there's arguments to be had that XBMC should allow any such "new" flags to be configurable external to the skin - if so, I'd be fine with that in general (i.e. XBMC would offer it in the same way as watched status etc. internally which the skin could then use).

(2012-01-21, 16:15)pecinko Wrote: Banners and Posters for TV Shows:
I would like to suggest dropping banner support altogether or fetching both posters and banners. Current situation is very confusing and there are many posts like "why my thumbs get stretched/squished"

Any future news on this. Hitcher's 3 years old ticket is still Future / Pending.

Cheers
Nessus
Date - add "st", "nd", "rd", "th" at the end of the numbers (Ordinal Numbers)

So far I have the date as "Friday 30 March"

I would like it so it adds "th" to the number so it would be "Friday 30th March" and for example..."1st March", "2nd March", "3rd March" an so forth.

Format could be "dn (day of month 1st-31st), ddn (day of month 01st-31st)" n = The ordinal number
(2012-03-30, 13:15)nessus Wrote:
(2012-01-21, 16:15)pecinko Wrote: Banners and Posters for TV Shows:
I would like to suggest dropping banner support altogether or fetching both posters and banners. Current situation is very confusing and there are many posts like "why my thumbs get stretched/squished"

Any future news on this. Hitcher's 3 years old ticket is still Future / Pending.

Cheers
Nessus

It is planned but JM did not give any ETA.

Personally I would like it rather sooner than later if possible and implemented in such a way that you would switch between posters and banners by switching views rather than making a XBMC toggle option.

For this to work we would need something like ListItem.Banner or ListItem.WideIcon

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Yes we really need support for at least banners and posters (which should be doable since the thetvdb has both images), everything else is not such a problem.
I think a new content type is needed for online content such as youtube.
(2012-03-30, 14:10)Big_Noid Wrote: I think a new content type is needed for online content such as youtube.

I agree, see my first post.

I must say I'm quite annoyed that plugin developers mostly do not bother setting a proper content type so you end up in a situation that metadata are put in labels or content type is set to movies while plugin actually use episode like thumbs.

When plugin is nicely done, like ESPN for example you can still run into minor problems. I was using ListItem.Date for episodes, while plugin is using ListItem.Premiered. And it is impossible to test skin with every available plugin there.

Maybe merging Programs and the rest of the add-ons to, say, MyAddonNav.xml and making unified content types and labels for this window afterwards could help to make add-ons look better integrated into XBMC.

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Yes beter addon integration welcome. It's my dream since i start addon coding.
Problem with better addon integration is every single addon wants too show different information and rarely are any 2 alike

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin & UI Suggestions for Frodo0