ATV2 JB - Loss of Apple Movie/TV Show Store
Slightly off-topic from XBMC specifically but I think it may be related to my XBMC install.

I have now jail-broken my ATV2 about 5 times. Currently I'm running 4.4.4 untethered using seasonpass - installed nitotv, XBMC, blah, blah, blah. Starting from the first time a year ago on 4.4.3, each time I JB, the apple store functions (Movies, TV Shows), and many of the new 4.4 internet options (NBA, NHL, etc) work fine. Then I proceed to install Nito, then XBMC. At some point along the way, the apple store functions die. Anytime thereafter when I select any option under movies or tv shows it restarts the ATV2. Also, all the new internet options disappear leave only Youtube, podcasts, photo stream, mobile me, flickr, radio.

As I said, this has happened each time I JB. Something during the process of installing XBMC or its many plugins, programs, repositories, etc. must be doing it but I can never pinpoint when or why.

Is this something that anyone else has run in to? Weird and annoying.
It's probably resetting country/regional/location information on the ATV2. Certain options will go hidden based on the location in the ATV2's native settings.
I had the same problem, which was caused by installing Overflow.

Without Overflow everything works normal, but after installing Overflow the movie and tv series option crashes my apple tv..
I have Overflow installed too, but have never experienced this issue.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I had the same problem a few weeks ago, found the answer on this forum somewhere... try unhiding the "internet" tab in overflow.

This fixed it for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 JB - Loss of Apple Movie/TV Show Store0