Official Repository Not Installed?
I have been having an issue with my YouTube plugin not working correctly. I figured maybe it needed to be updated. After searching I found that it should be part of the official repository. I checked my system and do not see "XBMC.org Add-ons in my list of repositories. I have all of the other ones which I added before, but it seems I don't have the official one. How do I go about fixing this, since it seems this was supposed to be included with the original download.

The version of YouTube plugin I have is:

Author: The Collective
Version: 2.1.3

And it does not have an update option (grayed out).

The plugin can pull the RSS feeds, but when you click on a video it doesn't work.
Hi and welcome to the forums. To help folks help you, you'll need to post a full debug log. Be sure under settings->system->debugging you have enabled debug.

Then look for your debug log.

Where is my the debug log? The location depends on your windows version:

1. Windows Xp: Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC\xbmc.log
2. Vista/Win7: Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log

You can open it in Notepad, and copy and paste it to http://www.pastebin.com. Once uploaded (very simple) it takes you to your page. Simply copy the URL from there to your next post and people here can see what happened.

The above assumes Windows - what system you're running is important as well.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks for the response.

Running Win 7

Log Here: http://pastebin.com/QXuCzpWf
Good job - logs always help. Definitely you should have a newer YouTube plugin - it's 2.1.3 and I show 2.8.0 in mine.
I would start by updating XBMC itself - yours is dated March 8, 2011 which is very old in terms of plugins and compatibility, as well as the official repo. Then see if your addons like YouTube auto-update.
Also, check your video sources - looks like things have been moved or deleted.

Keep us posted!
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Could you guide me in how to update?
Sure - would go grab the latest beta -> here

Go ahead and let it install. It will make new copies of your databases and copy the info over. Then launch XBMC as usual. With luck you'll see it update your addons.

Do that and let me know how it went.
Downloaded and installed the latest beta. Setup did copy over everything correctly. I'm 99% sure I had "confluence" skin before, but now the navigation is in the middle versus the side. Any way to get it back to how it was?

Now, I'm still having the same problem. YouTube videos don't play and the YouTube plugin doesn't play videos. What to do now?

Am I supposed to have a repository named "xmbc.org add-ons"? Because I don't.
Yes that repo should be there. If believe you can install it from a .zip file - will check and advise.

Confluence did change from vertical to horizontal - if you search the forums for "Confluence vertical" or "Confluence modded" you'll find options.

EDIT: You can download the YouTube addon here. Save it somewhere, go into XBMC and addons, then select install from .zip file and point it to the saved files.

You should have the official repo though - it should have been installed when you later XBMC package.

Try the above and then post another debug log and I'll have a look. Check if YouTube works to before you take the log.
I just tried doing the zip before you posted. It's telling me dependencies are not met. Will try again and post a debug.
Go to C:\program files (x86)\xbmc\addons\repository.xbmc.org - should be 2 files in there: an XML and a PNG file.

If you open the XML file with NotePad it should have "version 2.0.1" near the top....
I searched for XBMC.org in search under addons. It found the Media Sources - XBMC Builds Repository. I enabled that then found I now I xbmc.org addons. The YouTube there was the same version though, not the 2.8.

I then added it from the zip and it installed 2.8

It's also now showing updates for the other addons. So I guess that media sources somehow got disabled and was causing the problem.

Tried to do pastebin, but file was over 500k, but I posted it here: http://impel.us/xbmc.log

I did search for the confluence vertical skin and found a thread and files on it. Don't quite understand how to install it though. I can live with this, I guess, just was really used to the other. Any suggestions on current themes with side nav that are similar?

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.
Awesome - the next step would have been renaming your XBMC directory and doing a clean install with the latest nightly. I know Eden 1 had issues with addons. Coincidentally one of the workarounds was to install the YouTube addon!! It corrected an issue with TheMoveDB scraper that was causing addon issues.

Installing a skin is as easy as (normally as easy as!) installing an addon. Confluence Vertical is what you want to use if you prefer the old style. For myself I like Confluence or Transparancy.

Give the skin thing a whirl and feel free to PM me if you have questions about it. Generally each skin has a thread with the latest version in the first post.

Cheers and glad it's working again!
Damian
Thanks for the help! Now that the XBMC.org addons is enabled I can now get the skin directly from the repository. I had already read that thread and it made little to no sense to me.
Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Official Repository Not Installed?1