XBMC crashes to ATV2 menu after 6 seconds..
First post here, so be nice please Smile
I am no expert when it comes to this stuff, I bought my ATV2 jail broken and installed with XBMC and all the APPS. I got it the day before Megaupload was shut down and it worked beautifully. Now the issue is that whenever I open XBMC I have about 6 seconds before it crashes to the home screen of ATV2. I attempted to turn off my internet, remove add ons then reconnect as some people had recommended with no luck. I am at a loss here, not sure what the issue is. I was able to get my debug log, hope that is helpful in someone with a little more experience figuring out the problem. Would be so grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. Will gladly attempt to get more information if you just tell me what is needed.

http://pastebin.com/ud3xDGTb - XBMC Log
See if this work

Turn off your router if using wifi
Or unplug the Internet cable if using LAN

Start XBMC
It should not crash
Check which version you have
It should show on first loading page
Eden beta 1 or 2?
If it is 1
Then you should update to 2
Here is my post on how I fixed mine

hi guys
i am new here
but i was having same problem of xbmc crashing

but same as some of you guys
solution is to update to beta 2

here is what i did

Do it at your own risk!!!! It fixed mine, I can't be sure that it will fix yours

First, try to use nitoTV to update or click install XBMC
And check if it will tell you there is an update for it.
If nitoTV says that you have the newest (even i had the beta 1, nitoTV said that i had the newest version)
check which version you have by starting XBMC and look the start up page it says beta 1 or 2

If it is version 1, try next instructions (at your own risk) if you have version 2 then you have different problem than mine.

With your atv2 at main page
SSH go to /private/var/stash/application/XBMC.frappliane/xbmcdata/xbmchome/addons

Save or backup folders:

Metadata.themoviedb.org
Metadata.common.themoviedb.org
XBMC.metadata

The last 2 folders, I am not sure if needed but I did them anyways

After saving into your computer
Delete the originals folders in your atv2

Then go to nitoTV and install software
Go to XBMC and click install
Let it check
And there should be an update
Let it finish and it should update XBMC to beta 2
Sometimes you might counter mirror or files not found Or error downloading the update (server might be down or lots of people just finding out to update so it is overloaded)
Just go back and click install again
I had to try few times in order to get the update

Once update is done go to XBMC system setting addon
There should be an update available themoviedb ( this is the one that made my XBMC crash )
After beta 2 it updated no problem

Good luck

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes to ATV2 menu after 6 seconds..0