• 6(current)
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta2 available now
Are there any PPA's with Beta2 for Ubuntu?
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
@djrichard: Are you sure you didn't actually install dharma over the top of eden b1, not eden b2. It would describe your symptoms perfectly. Log file would confirm it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

clock2113 Wrote:Are there any PPA's with Beta2 for Ubuntu?
team-xbmc/unstable
Is there a way I can disable scraping of movies and tvshows? I prefer to use .nfo files - now in Dharma when I would hit "refresh" on a film, it would ask if I want to ignore the .nfo file. For me, for some reason, that's not happening now.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=100...ostcount=1

I'm having the most terrible time getting my things added. I just did a clean, because it seemed as if stuff was getting corrupted. I was receiving duplicates without names and plots/names that did *not* match the .nfo files. It seemed to me as if it was scrapping even though the .nfo files were there.

**EDIT** I think I figured it out in part, but that makes things even more strange. If I get rid of the movie.nfo file and then name the .nfo file <moviename>.nfo - it seems to be working...sets and all. This confuses me, as under Dharma, I'm positive movie.nfo was adequate. What's been happening is it can't see, for whatever reason, movie.nfo so it's actually scraping.
Hey, I have installed beta 2 on top of dharma... end result is XBMC hanging upon startup.... at the part where it says downloading movie information (and xeebo skin loads random items) to be precise.... looking at the logs it could be a cache error maybe??

log is below...

any ideas to get this back up and running? my girlfriend will go spare if i leave it like this Sad

http://pastebin.com/Ar7F36Az (xbmc.log [27kb])
flexage Wrote:Hey, I have installed beta 2 on top of dharma... end result is XBMC hanging upon startup.... at the part where it says downloading movie information (and xeebo skin loads random items) to be precise.... looking at the logs it could be a cache error maybe??

log is below...

any ideas to get this back up and running? my girlfriend will go spare if i leave it like this Sad

http://pastebin.com/Ar7F36Az (xbmc.log [27kb])

delete "addons15.db" in your userdata folder because you scripts/skins didn't update.
look at the wiki on where to find the userdata folder
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
nkosika Wrote:Yes. I upgraded and I am using a symbolic link for all of my machines' thumbnails and fan art and this is the weird thing. It appears that only the HD movies are not showing the fan art and thumbnails.

I have the database shared on mysql.

Everything else went fine, including the art for Standard Definition movies, it is only the 720 and 1080 movies having issues. HD TV shows seem fine.

HD movies are on a different share folder (SMB) but same machine is hosting those that are hosting standard def movies and tv shows. I doubt it is a permissions issue.

These all worked on Dharma, I skipped Eden beta 1 and went straight to beta 2.

It isn't all HD movies. Going into Movie Information and selecting Get Thumbnail and Fanart does work and it propogates to all the other XBMC machines. Before upgrading, I exported my libraries, pointed the advancesettings to a new clean MYSQL Server machine, upgraded to Eden and then imported the databases into them.

I'm having another issue with symbolic links. I have all my media in c:\xbmc_media (a symbolic link on my NTFS formatted drive pointing to a network share). When I try to play any of my content XBMC says it can't find the media now that I updated to beta 2. And when I try and use XBMC to browse into my c:\xbmc_media folder it doesn't list any of the folders just an empty directory. I'm guessing it's not following the symbolic link anymore.

My previous version of XBMC worked just fine with this setup. XBMCSetup-20110719-1c250ec-master.exe was the version I used on the nightly builds that was working correctly with symbolic links.

For now it looks like I'll be going back to the older verision and try again hopefully this is just a temporary bug.
jmarshall Wrote:@djrichard: Are you sure you didn't actually install dharma over the top of eden b1, not eden b2. It would describe your symptoms perfectly. Log file would confirm it.

I went to the website and did exactly as I did before. Looked at the bottom of Chrome and realised that I was indeed being a complete retard and had downloaded the stable release of Dharma. So, I just went to the correct place and downloaded Eden Beta 2 and when I installed that, it scraped a couple of movies Ive added this weekend and all of my previous data was intact! Not sure if me stopping XBMC as soon as it started scraping helped me, but I cant tell you how delighted I am to have it back again.

Thanks so much for pointing out my error. Im sure a few have done this due to the way the page is laid out. Nothing wrong with the page layout so to speak, you can clearly see its Dharma if you look, its just when you follow a link half the time you dont read it properly and my stupidness couldve resulted in a nightmare for me.

By the way, XBMC? Amazes every single person that visits my house, they ALL want it after seeing it.
Thumnails for source folders are not shown. Neither folder.jpg (being inside of the folder) nor folder.tbn (on same level as the folder itself) works :-)
However, subfolders (being inside of the mentioned source folders) do not have this problem at all!!!

The folders are implemented via samba from a qnap nas.
Environment: XBMC Eden Beta 2 @ Windows 7 Prof. (64 Bit)

Does anyone else experience this behaviour??
Thanks.
I'm running XBMC on original xbox, is this update available for the xbox, which download do I need and how.

Is it possible to upgrade direct from the xbox? I only seem to be able to check versions of scripts etc that are already present.
WhiteSpy Wrote:I'm running XBMC on original xbox, is this update available for the xbox, which download do I need and how.

Is it possible to upgrade direct from the xbox? I only seem to be able to check versions of scripts etc that are already present.

No XBOX support here. Go to http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Worked great for me. XBMC continues to impress me as always. Thanks TeamXBMC
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Cougar Evolution - AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4ghz w/ custom Noctua 3-fan Cooler - 16gb DDR3 1866 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - Nvidia GTX570 superclocked -
SeaSonic Platinum 860W PSU - OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD - 8TB storage
Mouse- Cyborg R.A.T. 5 Keyboard- Mad Catz V.7
Martijn Wrote:No XBOX support here. Go to http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/
THANX Martijn....
Issues with symbolic links also here.

In Windows 7, i use 2 symbolic links: c:/Store/nfs/NAS1 , c:/Store/nfs/NAS2
(both NAS have the same folder structure)

Worked ok in earlier versions but now some movies are unavailable, i can´t find a pattern between them (special characters or long leght in path, etc) .

Thank you for the great work

taka912 Wrote:I'm having another issue with symbolic links. I have all my media in c:\xbmc_media (a symbolic link on my NTFS formatted drive pointing to a network share). When I try to play any of my content XBMC says it can't find the media now that I updated to beta 2. And when I try and use XBMC to browse into my c:\xbmc_media folder it doesn't list any of the folders just an empty directory. I'm guessing it's not following the symbolic link anymore.

My previous version of XBMC worked just fine with this setup. XBMCSetup-20110719-1c250ec-master.exe was the version I used on the nightly builds that was working correctly with symbolic links.

For now it looks like I'll be going back to the older verision and try again hopefully this is just a temporary bug.
don_camillo Wrote:Thumnails for source folders are not shown. Neither folder.jpg (being inside of the folder) nor folder.tbn (on same level as the folder itself) works :-)
However, subfolders (being inside of the mentioned source folders) do not have this problem at all!!!

The folders are implemented via samba from a qnap nas.
Environment: XBMC Eden Beta 2 @ Windows 7 Prof. (64 Bit)

Does anyone else experience this behaviour??
Thanks.

OK, I have the solution (from XBMC Wiki). Thumbnails for sources can only be assigned via sources.xml. What is funny in this regard, I knew that (longt time ago), somehow forgot it Rolleyes
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta2 available now2