Harmony One Setup
I have spent the last few days searching for a FAQ or How to, to help my total lack of ability Oo to program the remote to be used as a MCE keyboard.
I only need a few key key strokes - Context "C", ESCAPE. And what ever I need to click to activate the Home icon in the upper left-hand corner.
But you have a eHome compatible IR Receiver? Like the HP ones?
If yes just use the Harmony software add a new Device -> Microsoft MCE Keyboard.
And then you can just map they keys to the Remote buttons with the Software.

If you are using Windows you could also use EvenGhost, I just set everything up with EventGhost and I love it because you can control everything.
I am using the HP IR the came with the HP MCE remote. I guess where I am not following is the Mapping the keys
Using the Harmony software, simply add as device a "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" and,
Once you do that, mapping the buttons couldn't be easier!
Just decide which button emulates which keyboard key press!
For example, you can decide that your Harmony's PAUSE button
should emulate like if you would press the 'SPACEBAR' key on your keyboard!
Image Image
exactly the two devices. I'll spend some more time with it this afternoon. Pesky kids - girls hockey all afternoon, cutting into my geeknish.
I just got the HP 5188-1667 reciever for my harmony remote. Plugged it in booted up Ubuntu, pressed buttons it does nothing. fired up irw and the button presses are now showing up but the red light on the receiver is blinking on a button press,

What can I do to get this working I thought it was simple?
charlie0440 Wrote:I just got the HP 5188-1667 reciever for my harmony remote. Plugged it in booted up Ubuntu, pressed buttons it does nothing. fired up irw and the button presses are now showing up but the red light on the receiver is blinking on a button press,

What can I do to get this working I thought it was simple?

Also with XBMC started?

Can only conclude that for my Live install, my Harmony remote worked right out of the box (when set to MCE).
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony One Setup0