[ATV2] Media files won't save "set content"
I have been trying to get my media synched over 2 ATV2 devices. I have had no luck so far...

I have followed the information step by step per instructions on the lifehacker site. Here is where I run into a problem:

After I have uploaded the advancedsettings.xml file to both ATV2 devices, I attempt to add media files (I did not go the route of export & import.) I am finding the files on my home server by going into the Windows network (SBM) and selecting them. Once I have done this, I am prompted for what type of files the directory contains. I select movies, and "ok". I am prompted if I want to refresh all items within the path. I select "yes" then.... nothing.

I press and hold menu on the new file added, and it doesn't give me an option to re-scan. It does however, give me an option to set content. So for some reason, It is not saving the content I chose in the first place, so it can add it to my libraries. I have tried this several times, and no luck.

Here are my specs:
ATV2 - Eden beta v2 (I also tried this on Dharma, and Eden beta v1, and neither worked)
Windows & network - I have confirmed that the folders are shared.

Does anyone have ANY insight as to why this is not working for me? I am pulling my hair out at this point.
read the wiki ios faq where it tells you how to fix permissions...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ok, I just tried this. I ssh'd into my atv2 (both of them) and entered the command:

chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata

Still getting the same result.
I actually am having the same issue as you will the ATV2 not keeping its content. I also have fixed the permission through SSH and have no such luck.

Will be watching this thread closely to see if there is a fix.

Ken~
When you move the database to mysql the souce information is stored in mysql also. Made sure that atv can write to the database properly. There are extra commands for setting the permissions on mysql. Search for any post by darkscout for more information Smile

You should also read the wiki section on mysql for the official information rather than lifehacker.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Media files won't save "set content"0