Watched/Unwatched/All Issue?
Smile 
So I just installed the latest Eden and noticed that selecting "Unwatched" in "TV Shows" library mode, now caries over into the faux "Files" view.

So, I used to use "TV Shows" set to "Unwatched" to show me only what I hadn't watched yet in my library, all "watched" shows were hidden.
But I could always go to "Files" under "Video" and see ALL the files watched and unwatched.
It would appear that the removal of the real "Files" view will no longer let me do this, as any view settings I make under "TV Shows" are now copied into the "Files" view.

I guess my question is, is there a way to bring back a distinction between the two views again, or is there a variable that gets set when opening "files" view that can be used to show both watch and unwatched (All)?
I miss having my real "files" view, it was nice for Home movies, and things that defy scrapping.
Is there a way to open a window with with a library flag ie.
ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,All) or ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,Watched)

Or am I missing something? Huh
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
You could probably activate the window then set the watched type (I think there's a builtin for that - if not, a sendclick might do the trick)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I noticed that "Files" also displays the scraped library name instead of the original filename, is this a bug or just because of the way the skinners are choosing to display them? I understand why you got rid of the true file view, but is there a way to gain some of it's power back? Namely the true filename, and ignoring watched/unwatched states?

I will try to hack something together using sendclick to meet my needs.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
So I tried sendclick, and it can't work. The reason is that the top layer in "Files" has no "Watched/Unwatched" options, because it's contents are not in the Library (they are source bookmarks), and one level deeper may or may not have all elements in the library either (clips, home movies, news, old TV that defies scrapping).

It appears that anything in the library type of "TV Shows" keeps whatever "watched/unwatched" setting you have set it in "TV Shows", regardless of whether you open them in "Files" mode. Changes made to the hide state in "Files" follows it back to "TV Shows",so that sucks.

Something like:
ActivateWindow(Video,Files[Watched],return) or All,Unwatched
would work well. But truthfully when you open "Files" it should force id="10" to "All" anyway as it should be a WYSIWYG.
Not sure - there's some stuff to disable the cleaning of filenames (try turning stacking off, then there's the clean file names setting as well to play around with).

As for watched status, it's currently stored on a per-content basis, and there's no way I know of of changing it programatically other than switching it using the button (i.e. using SendClick(10) and setting a property so you can track the state).

This stuff is somewhat in limbo until I get the library rearrangement stuff finalised after Eden.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched/Unwatched/All Issue?0