A legal alternate to Icefilms?
Now I said legal so this thread shouldn't be put in the garbage/scam/crap section.

There are many users of icefilm that use it not because it is free but because it has a source of media that no one else has. I have read the smart ass comments that say use netflix or go buy your own. That's not the point. Is there a XBMC plugin that works for obtaining legal media?

How about it XBMC hall monitors users. Lets have list of plugins for the alternates. So when some ask for an alternate rather than simply banning the thread answer the #$#+& question.
Sports can be had with the ESPN addon. There's a new trailers addon that was released a few days ago, if you are looking for that. There's the hulu addon for TV shows. If you are looking for addons for movies, there are Netflix and (I think) Amazon prime addons.

What else are you looking for?
remops Wrote:Is there a XBMC plugin that works for obtaining legal media?

Obviously YouTube and the various TV plugins. What kind of legal media are you looking for? Out-of-copyright oldies? Basement bands? Granny's home videos? Tell us what legal media you're looking for.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Legal -> Netflix
DDDamian Wrote:Obviously YouTube and the various TV plugins. What kind of legal media are you looking for? Out-of-copyright oldies? Basement bands? Granny's home videos? Tell us what legal media you're looking for.

If I want Youtube give me a break. Here we go again with the smart ass comments.

I'm asking again is there a alternate? The simple answer is no.

To get the icefilm media you need to have a subscription to Amazon, netflix and Hulu and then you wont get it all. Lets say you want the latest shows of Supernatural, where would you go. Comcast! BTW is Hulu plugin working?

I was just making a point that there is a need and maybe some one could put together a addon list that could help in finding your media.

Hulu - good for some TV but not all movie selection sucks and is there a plugin?
netfix - has a good source for movies but TV selection sucks.

and so on--

There's a lot of noobees that just loaded xbmc and would like to find some help.
remops Wrote:I was just making a point that there is a need and maybe some one could put together a addon list that could help in finding your media.

So then start with that remark in your OP. You asked for some plugin options and they gave it to ya.
It seems you already knew a couple so if you had mentioned them they would maybe have given some other alternatives instead
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
remops Wrote:If I want Youtube give me a break. Here we go again with the smart ass comments.

I'm asking again is there a alternate? The simple answer is no.

I think you'll find even TV lives on revenues. No advertising in the streaming video from networks, which is why you don't get all they have to offer.

So my question stands - what are you looking for? No wonder people reply with Netflix.

Maybe if you started the thread with a list of your own making and time....
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Hulu and Hulu+ have a good amount of content. I like Hulu+ because it expands the tv and movies library a good bit and you get 720p. Even though plus tv shows has shrunk a bit lately. You can access this in XBMC with the plugin. It is a cat and mouse game of them trying to shut us out though.

Amazon also has a ton of content. A subset of the media is free with an Amazon Prime subscription. The prime library is quite large though. You can purchase/rent things outside the prime library on the website. You can then access them in the My Library item in the amazon plugin. They might be implementing a new Flash Access DRM on some videos though that will make it impossible to decode the video with XBMC though.

Free Cable is also a plugin option for Television shows. It accesses several united states based station sites. CBS shows are also available here. It is noticably missing from Hulu. CBS does have an agreement for hulu distribution in japan but not the United States yet. The advantage of the station sites over hulu is that they sometimes stream in 720p for free. NBC shows is an example. Now that 30 rock is not available in 720p on Hulu because it was dropped as a plus show. It is available on the NBC website in 720p though.

I would love to have HBO GO and EPIX HD movie streaming. They require a cable subscription currently. I got a free 2 week trial for epix and it has a decent movie library for streaming in 720p. it is around 3000 movies. They have around 64,000 in their database though and cycle new ones in every month or so. I wrote a plugin for it when I had the free trial. It need better cable log-in support though. It supports the Queue system on the site. You can also add/remove from the plugin.

remops: Supernatural is available in the Hulu plugin and the Free Cable plugin which uses the cw website. If you have hulu plus then you can watch it in 720p.
Yes, the Hulu addon works. I have it running on two XBMC installs perfectly. If you have a Hulu Plus account, you can use that as well.

If you are looking for addons that supply pirated/ripped/etc content, I don't think you'll find any at this point in time. But, since you've been a member for almost 2 years, you probably already know that. But, for new users, I guess it needs to be said.
OK Fine I will try to answer for others.

Old episodes of The Dick Van Dyke show , Rawhide, Andy Griffith show
Current episodes of Big Bang theory, Supernatural, Fringe, warehouse 13
Old and new movies and foreign films
CBS sports
Fox sports south

I know that I can get Netflix for most of the movies with a subscription and now xbmc has a plugin.

How about the TV shows is Hulu working? There is a subscription out there for CBS sports is there a plugin? How about Fox sports they have a Sports XTRA is there an plugin?

Thanks
BlueCop Wrote:Hulu and Hulu+ have a good amount of content. I like Hulu+ because it expands the tv and movies library a good bit and you get 720p. Even though plus tv shows has shrunk a bit lately. You can access this in XBMC with the plugin. It is a cat and mouse game of them trying to shut us out though.

Amazon also has a ton of content. A subset of the media is free with an Amazon Prime subscription. The prime library is quite large though. You can purchase/rent things outside the prime library on the website. You can then access them in the My Library item in the amazon plugin. They might be implementing a new Flash Access DRM on some videos though that will make it impossible to decode the video with XBMC though.

Free Cable is also a plugin option for Television shows. It accesses several united states based station sites. CBS shows are also available here. It is noticably missing from Hulu. CBS does have an agreement for hulu distribution in japan but not the United States yet. The advantage of the station sites over hulu is that they sometimes stream in 720p for free. NBC shows is an example. Now that 30 rock is not available in 720p on Hulu because it was dropped as a plus show. It is available on the NBC website in 720p though.

I would love to have HBO GO and EPIX HD movie streaming. They require a cable subscription currently. I got a free 2 week trial for epix and it has a decent movie library for streaming in 720p. it is around 3000 movies. They have around 64,000 in their database though and cycle new ones in every month or so. I wrote a plugin for it when I had the free trial. It need better cable log-in support though. It supports the Queue system on the site. You can also add/remove from the plugin.

remops: Supernatural is available in the Hulu plugin and the Free Cable plugin which uses the cw website. If you have hulu plus then you can watch it in 720p.

Bluecop this is what I wanted in starting this thread. Can you tell us where the Hulu addon zip is located and is it working on xbox? I forgot about the free cable it is a decent plugin and like you said CW is there. There is a Amazon plugin?

Thanks again!
Bluecop I found your thread on the Hulu. I'll give it try

Thanks agian

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45889
The Dick Van Dyke and Andy Griffith - TV Land in Free Cable

The Big Bang Theory - CBS in Free Cable.

Supernatural - Hulu and The Cw in Free Cable.

Fringe - Hulu

Warehouse 13 - Hulu and Syfy in Free Cable

You just have to look and try things.
Is netflix CANADA any good?

I heard its terrible.
[quote=DDDamian]I think you'll find even TV lives on revenues. No advertising in the streaming video from networks, which is why you don't get all they have to offer.

Not strictly true. In the Uk, certainly ITV player and 4OD have advertisements before your show streams if you use the official methods of viewing them. (Not sure about 5 on Demand cos there's nothing on it I would ever watch) The plugins for XBMC bypass that and effectively deprive the channel of advertising views and therefore revenue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A legal alternate to Icefilms?0