Nightly (07-14) Crashing on Movie scan during scaling
i have one with 4.3 too - can try how it behaves there if i get time.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-07-22, 12:09)Memphiz Wrote: i have one with 4.3 too - can try how it behaves there if i get time.

I'm waiting for my second one to arrive, did you get a change to try your 4.3 one ?
yep did a test right now ... 4.3 crashes ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-07-25, 22:15)Memphiz Wrote: yep did a test right now ... 4.3 crashes ...

Thanks,

so just to confirm, your 4.3 crashes, but your 5.01 works with the same nightly running ? weird ?
Not with the same. But without the bugfix. Not that weird though. It might successfull do a bufferoverflow on 5.01 (which not has to crash necessarily).
I saw your discussion with elupus, I will look at ffmpeg git / swscale patch, probably wont find anything, but you never know

EDIT:
any help?

http://patches.libav.org/patch/20339/

Hehe all people are pointing me to that one. But it doesn't fix it. I have tried with latest ffmpeg git version and it also produces the crash - so afais there is no patch for it. Beside that it seems to be special to xbmc and special to the platform. So i bet we have to go with a workaround rather with a proper fix in ffmpeg.
(2012-07-26, 23:06)Memphiz Wrote: Hehe all people are pointing me to that one. But it doesn't fix it. I have tried with latest ffmpeg git version and it also produces the crash - so afais there is no patch for it. Beside that it seems to be special to xbmc and special to the platform. So i bet we have to go with a workaround rather with a proper fix in ffmpeg.

+1 for the PR ;-)

wish I had more time to dust off my programmer skills, but the last time I did any was when turbo-pascal was "hip" ....
+1 for the August merge PR, thanks Smile
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1181
done even before august merge window ... so that its fixed in alpha4 ...
(2012-07-31, 22:06)Memphiz Wrote: done even before august merge window ... so that its fixed in alpha4 ...

Danke

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly (07-14) Crashing on Movie scan during scaling0