XBMC (B2) crashes on music scan/music dir access
Check you can reproduce it by trying to scan in:

Keane - Everybody's changing

If so, please supply the mp3's via dropbox or similar (you can do so in a PM)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Wow, did not expect a response that fast. Smile

XBMC scans that folder successfully, I also scanned the next sub-folder (in alphabetical order) in the 'Keane' folder.
I would like to add that looking a the XBMC log, I cannot see any specific order in which XBMC scan the music files as the order that the folders appear are neither in alphabetic or chronological order.
The order does not matter as long as it is complete
Tompie Wrote:Memphiz, same folders come back and the tags are still v2.2 ones! What is strange is that I seem to be able to manually add them to the library, only a full update request of the library crashes XBMC.
I'm uploading the crashing mp3 folder to Dropbox, I will include the log files as well. Note however that I noticed that my syslog is over 800Mb (is this normal?) so I've had to exclude this one.

Edit by Memphiz: - thx - i removed the link and will download it later today after work...

So as it was already clear to me ( Sad ) - i wasn't able to reproduce that crash by only scanning that provided folder.

JMarshall - i'm out of clue on how to track down these stupid libid3tag problems. They seem to need a very big history before appearing and single files/folders don't make it reproducable Sad
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yeah - we can't really do anything decent until it's reproducible unfortunately.

Any chance of building libid3tag with debug info so we can get some decent backtraces?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

not sure - ios is a bit uncoorporative about symbols ... davilla? would that work out somehow?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
It doesn't appear to be crashing in any specific folder, here are the logs for my attempt to scan my Music folder into the library today:

Syslog: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/819401/

CrashReporter: http://www.pastie.org/3266151

XBMC log: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/819402/

I have noticed that the folder "Counting Crows Across A Wire - Live in New York Disc 1" appears towards the end of both logs, I am going to attempt to scan that directory and report back.

EDIT: a crash occured. Now off to find the specific file.

EDIT2: Found the file, removed it and attempting a full library scan.
Memphiz Wrote:not sure - ios is a bit uncoorporative about symbols ... davilla? would that work out somehow?

libid3tag's configure happens in our configure. it also passes in our CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS

maybe change to.

CC="$CC -g" \
CXX="$CXX -g" \
After removing the file that set off the crash, I re-scanned the library and it got to 93% before it crashed again.

Using xbmc.log, I traced the crash to a file which I would rather not leave out of my library, so I used "Tag & Rename" to re-acquire the info for the ID3 tag and scanned the folder successfully into the library. I did the same for the file which caused the 1st crash, and scanned that into the library without XBMC crashing. (99% of all of my mp3's were tagged using T&R in the first place)

Which leads me to the conclusion that my issues were due to a corruption within the tag, not libid3tag failing to handle a proper tag.
A crash caused by a corrupt tag is a failing we MUST fix. If you had a file that caused a crash that was reproducible we MUST have access to it. Otherwise it'll never be fixed.

jmarshall Wrote:A crash caused by a corrupt tag is a failing we MUST fix. If you had a file that caused a crash that was reproducible we MUST have access to it. Otherwise it'll never be fixed.
PM sent with a mediafire link to the first file that caused my crash. With another to follow.

Would it be of any help if I were to send a copy of the file which doesn't crash XBMC along with the one that does? (Well, I'm doing that anyway.)
Thanks - appreciated.

Ipad 2 Jailbroken today and the first thing that went on it was XBMC, but unfortunately I've run into the same bug as well on my synology box over SMB.

I can chip in with reports when I've got to grips a little more with the inner workings of IOS and fought the wife and daughter to get my hands on it.

From what I can gather libid3tag has not been maintained for years has it ? Not considered using TagLib ?
we want to switch to taglib after eden - it needs our vfs patch for beeing able to access all the network shares directly - so its a bit work to do...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC (B2) crashes on music scan/music dir access0