XBMC (B2) crashes on music scan/music dir access
So guys i'm giving up on that bug then. I've committed the "fix" to mainline now. Its only on iOS where i just added the old code for getting the comment of an id3tag. This code has bugs with some comments (it just doesn't read them) - but thats something we have to take now - its better then crashing imho. Thx for testing.

The real bugfix might be done after eden then when we hopefully exchange libid3tag with taglib.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Mempiz,
been following these posts closely as I have just discovered what I think is the same problem for me. Basis question, how do I use your dropbox location in the threads above to install this patched version on my ATV2. Do I use SSH commands or STPT in? I cannot seem to find instructions having searched forums
look in the eiki on howto install nightly builds ... its basicslly

1. ssh into atv2
2. wget my dropbox link
3. dpkg -i the downloaded deb file
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz, love your work - I really appreciate your effort in maintaining the stability of by far the best Media Centre solution running on a tiny ATV2!! I'm extolling it's virtues to everyone I know, can't believe all the devs continue to put in so much effort on our behalf to deliver a FREE but professional product.

I've used your test version to re-scan the complete library and returned to Eden-b3. When you say you've committed the fix to mainline, does that mean it's already incorporated in new b3 downloads or that it will be delivered as part of b4?

Thanks!
Hi Memphiz,
thanks a lot. Worked like a dream.
Ran straight thru my MP3 based music library this time no problems.
fix will hit beta 4 - thx for testing Smile
Ahh hopefully some of you which have these issues are still around. JMarshall maybe found the real issue of the crashing. So it would be a really cool thing if you could test this version and report back if this fixes the problem too:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/org.xbm...d3tag7.deb

Thx alot for your patience Smile
bump:

Guys - come on ... one more time for the devs please Smile
Hi Memphiz,

I am on XBMC (11.0-BETA3 Git:20120207-1fef727), Platform: Darwin iOS (10.4.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.2.1 (Build 8C154)). Built on Feb 8 2012

I tried the first org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-9_iphoneos-arm-id3tag6.deb and do not work for me. XBMC crash just to go to Music Menu (but not with the Music submenu)

Pastebin - XBMC.log

---

Tried the second one and same thing. Crash

Pastebin - XBMC.log
We need the crashlog, but even just from the log I suspect it's unrelated to the crash described in this thread.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hey guys,

I can help you out because I just set up my XBMC and having the exact same problem:

I just updated to Beta 3 with an ATV2 iOS 4.4.4:

Crash before the patch posted by Memphiz on this page.

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/MXrsMuTd
Crashpreporter: http://pastebin.com/zzwzAKm5

After applying the patch - it WORKS!

Great job guys, as usual Cool
Spaggi Wrote:Hey guys,

I can help you out because I just set up my XBMC and having the exact same problem:

I just updated to Beta 3 with an ATV2 iOS 4.4.4:

Crash before the patch posted by Memphiz on this page.

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/MXrsMuTd
Crashpreporter: http://pastebin.com/zzwzAKm5

After applying the patch - it WORKS!

Great job guys, as usual Cool

Now we are getting somewhere - thx for the report. Smile
Memphiz Wrote:Now we are getting somewhere - thx for the report. Smile

Working good here too with your latest (10.0-9) version ...
Please be specific about _exactly_ the deb you installed, so we can be sure it's the fixed version and not the one that has the removed feature.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yeah and double check that it crashs on beta3 - not that we hunt different issues here. Mmuuuhh what a bubble gum...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC (B2) crashes on music scan/music dir access0