XBMC (B2) crashes on music scan/music dir access
dc361 Wrote:Working good here too with your latest (10.0-9) version ...

I'm sorry to be too brief .. The ATV did indeed crash with ATV IOS Beta3 which I had updated from Beta2 with the apt-get update and then apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2. After this procedure XBMC would crash while scanning a couple of specific directories I have on my SMB connected NAS.

I then used the following commands to update my ATV:

wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/org.xbm...d3tag7.deb

dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-9_iphoneos-arm-id3tag7.deb

which xbmc (Settings -> System Info) reports as XBMC 11.0-PRE GIT:20120119-fd08f6d(Compiled Feb 13 2012)

This version works well and scans the previously problematic directories without issue.
Awesome - thanks heaps. Looks like we fixed the nasty Smile

Cheers,
Jonahtan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i have pm'ed 2 of the guys who definitly had that problem here in that thread ... they didn't respond. I think we use your fix jm - i'm optimistic here Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm fairly new to this, but I wanted to give some feedback. I was having this problem too. I upgraded to Beta 3 and my ATV still crashed (I started with Eden beta 1 in December). I followed the same update that dc361 outlined and now everything is scanning flawlessly.

Thanks developers!
Just to provide additional feedback: I have had the music stuttering problem in prior versions. I upgraded to Beta 3 over the weekend, attempted to update music library and XBMC crashed during the process. I installed the version as outlined by dc361 and now working great! Thanks - it's great to have iTunes library through XBMC working!
sorry for the late chime in.

i had almost given up on this fix. glad to see it's still being investigated!

i too can confirm that this fix is also working for me as well. hopefully this will be the one -- third time is a charm!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
It will be in rc1 - thx for testing - no further testing needed imho.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Installing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-9_iphoneos-arm-id3tag7.deb has also resolved the problem for me too

When will rc1 be released??
when its done...
I have just this last week purchased an ATV2 already jailbroken with XBMC installed (becasue I'm not skilled enough to do these things myself). I can see that I have Eden beta 3 installed...however I too am suffereing from these crashes when scanning my library. Which is a real bummer, because the reason I bought into XBMC was to use it as an audio streamer.

Can someone please tell a complete idiot like me (or show me where to go) so I can install the patch that is linked to above? Are there step by step instructions in very plain English that I can follow?

Thanks.
Same problem here. Just downloaded xmbc-11.dmg for my Mac Pro running Snow Leopard. XBMC crashes when I start to play any music, hit Esc to go back to the main screen, hit the Music tab on the main navigation strip. Crashes 100% of the time.
This is not the same crash i think (because it was fixed). Post a crashlog, syslog and xbmc.log with debugging turned on (read the iOS faq in the wiki for learning how to do it).
and on top post in the right section, this is not mac os

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=56
(2012-07-31, 03:37)i621148 Wrote: Same problem here. Just downloaded xmbc-11.dmg for my Mac Pro running Snow Leopard. XBMC crashes when I start to play any music, hit Esc to go back to the main screen, hit the Music tab on the main navigation strip. Crashes 100% of the time.

For those having the same problem and doing a Google search:
Fixed "Crashes On Music Scan/Music Dir" by adding items to Music Library and not just browsing by Files. After that then the crash goes away.
could you maybe post a crashlog nevertheless so we can try to fix the crash? ^^

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC (B2) crashes on music scan/music dir access0