Iplayer proxy
can anyone recommend a good UK fast proxy to use inside the Iplayer v2 settings? don't mind paying a premium for a good service?
you dont need a fast proxy for iplayer since only a handshake to get an auth code is proxied. however some streams would still be unavailable such as live ones. for that you might need a vpn so all data goes via the uk.
Hi

THx for the reply , I want to use iplayer on the openelec version of XBMC so not sure how to set a VPN on that, was hoping just to use the proxy settings on Iplayer plugin.

have tried several paid proxy but still get buffering, I have a 10meg fibre connection here so not local, think just too far, however I get a great speed test to UK when not using proxy.
I just type "uk proxy" into google. I go to the first site and grab one from a list. I have to grab a new when one goes down. Sometimes I have to try a couple before finding one that works. I always find one that does the job though.

I was thinking it would be cool to have an add-on that would search and parse proxy lists. So you could scrape a list of proxies and then set the proxy in the settings for the add-on you wanted to use it with.
I agree Blue Cop sounds like a great idea!

Also, thanks for the tip, didnt know iplayer had a built in proxy setting, been looking at this addon for a while but never tried it out since im outside the uk. but just enabled it and within 30 secs of googling, and editing the proxy setting, its up and running. Thanks!!!
BlueCop Wrote:I was thinking it would be cool to have an add-on that would search and parse proxy lists. So you could scrape a list of proxies and then set the proxy in the settings for the add-on you wanted to use it with.

This would be a brilliant addon, particularly if it could be incorporated somehow into any XBMC addons that provide proxy functionality. I'd do it myself if I had the slightest aptitude for programming Smile
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
+1 on a program addon for proxy server scraping. Sounds like a stellar idea.
Does the same thing work with free cable? Eg does it have proxy settings?
It is only in for CBS right now.

it is easy to add proxy support to most of them because the function already support its.

The play functions of the station just needs to know to use the proxy for the common.getURL call to fetch the data.

you would change something like this.
Code:
data=common.getURL(url)
to something like this.
Code:
if (common.settings['enableproxy'] == 'true'):
    proxy = True
else:
    proxy = False
data=common.getURL(url,proxy=proxy)

I don't know which ones it would work on though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Iplayer proxy0