[Windows7] Sound for 2ch & HDMI
Ok so i have a Shuttle XS35GT and im running Win7 x64.

I have my inside home theater 5.1ch via HDMI, but i also have a projector out in the backyard on 2.0 ch.

The way my amp is, is that it requires 2ch analog input for Mulit-Room feature to work, (my backyard).

So my question is how can i get audio out of both HDMI & analog headphone jack?

Goal is to be able to make changes easily from within XBMC!

Ideally id like to do one of the following:
1. Be able have 5.1 via hdmi and 2.0 via lineout, 24/7 (if this is possible)

2. Be able to make an EASY way to switch from:
a. 5.1 hdmi
-TO-
b. 2.0 analog that will output to both hdmi&lineout at same time. (if this is possible)

3. Set up a different profile for:
a1. (Movie Mode) 5.1 HDMI & Analog 2.0 (if this is possible)
a2. (Movie Mode) 5.1 HDMI & Analog off
b1. (Party Mode) 2.0 Hdmi & Analog 2.0 (if this is possible)
b2. (Party Mode) Hdmi Off & Analog 2.0

Or any other ideas that you can thing of to handle this.....

Thanks for your time!
-Nathan
Hi Nathan,

Couple of options for you:
1) The easy way lol - most AVRs have a pre-out line, almost alway two-channel analog but often full 7.1 on pricier amps. This can be routed back in to the Zone 2 inputs. Just hook up RCA patch cables. For settings to enable Zone 2 inputs see your AVR manual.
2) Search the forum for a large thread called "Dual Audio". There is a patch which will give you both HDMI and analog outputs from your HTPC.

I didn't read through all your wish list above, but either of the two methods above will at least get you started.

Cheers,
Damian
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:Hi Nathan,

Couple of options for you:
1) The easy way lol - most AVRs have a pre-out line, almost alway two-channel analog but often full 7.1 on pricier amps. This can be routed back in to the Zone 2 inputs. Just hook up RCA patch cables. For settings to enable Zone 2 inputs see your AVR manual.
2) Search the forum for a large thread called "Dual Audio". There is a patch which will give you both HDMI and analog outputs from your HTPC.

I didn't read through all your wish list above, but either of the two methods above will at least get you started.

Cheers,
Damian

Thanks Damian for your reply.

The above wasn't a wish list just ideas that I have thought of to get this to work correctly, but incomplete ideas... in hops that someone could complete one of them for me.

I did the RCA preamp out trick before, but now I forget why I changed it back to a direct cable, so i'll try to connect it back that way again.

Any ideas on how to EASILY switch between 5.1 and 2.0, (This was i can easy toggle between the 2 if i go in the backyard, or watch a movie in the house.)

My XBMC System:
A shuttle XS35GT NVIDIA ION
My receiver:
Harman Kardon AVR-354
nathan909 Wrote:Thanks Damian for your reply.

The above wasn't a wish list just ideas that I have thought of to get this to work correctly, but incomplete ideas... in hops that someone could complete one of them for me.

I did the RCA preamp out trick before, but now I forget why I changed it back to a direct cable, so i'll try to connect it back that way again.

Any ideas on how to EASILY switch between 5.1 and 2.0, (This was i can easy toggle between the 2 if i go in the backyard, or watch a movie in the house.)

My XBMC System:
A shuttle XS35GT NVIDIA ION
My receiver:
Harman Kardon AVR-354

Hi Nathan,

A lot of people are interested in a quick switch, but there is no one-click option in the code. I know with my Denon amp I can mute Zone 1 or Zone 2 independently, and control volumes seperately. It even came with a second remote just for Zone 2 lol.

The Dual Audio patch remains an alternative, but not sure how well it is supported now, and likely much less once the new AudioEngine rolls in. Presumably there'll be more folks with multi-zone amps by then - it's almost a standard feature now.

All said though, very good feature suggestions, and who knows? But you might be best off pulling out the receiver manual and checking out your Zone 2 capabilities.

Cheers man.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows7] Sound for 2ch & HDMI0