Atv1 locking up on al movies since eden
Since I updated to eden beta 2 all my movies lock up. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this? Here is my log file.

http://pastebin.com/0E5GNkrd
Looks like a bug with the AFP client. Is this a recent problem? i.e. did you have this problem also with Eden b1 or with a pre-Eden build?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'd have issues but not like this. It's more recent. I was thinking of wiping the atv and reinstalling. I'm backing up my user data now, just in case...
double, triple, quadruple check your afp permissions settings. I've seen reports where you have to even grant write access on afp shares which should be used without username/password. Maybe this might help on your side.

Unfortunatly AFP support from us is very limited. So if you don't get it working i would recommend switching the protocol to something else (e.x. samba or nfs - not sure if these are available on osx 10.4 which is pretty much outdated ...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm going to each folder on my shared drive and checking. I'll let you know if there is any change.
I went to all my media folders and made it so all were set to read right access for all, even if it already stated that it was set that way. It seems to have worked. Thanks for the help!
i dunno why im having trouble with my afp permission settings. i tired to give my media folder read and write access for everyone and immediately after setting it, the frontrow user set as "no access" and now i cant access the folder at all. any advice?
I am having similar problems with Eden beta-2 and now beta-3. Everything was fine with Beta-1 and Dharma. All my setting are the same, most of the time i can't even start the movie(MP4 format) unless I reboot the ATV1 and I can't even play the avi's any more. and the damn thing keeps buffering even on 1 gig (mp4) file. Dharma was able to handle all my 1.5g to 1.7g files with no problems but, now it takes me 3 hours to watch 2 hours long movie.
my log file:
http://pastebin.com/QrJJvcxW

thanks
okay, attached is my latest log file from today(02-12-2012), simply can't play AVI's

PAsteBin:
http://pastebin.com/FqXKCiPT

Thanks,
ATV420
stop scanning for new content and trying to playback a movie at the same time. Turn off thumbnail extraction in the video settings. Use the ip adress instead of the netbios name for your smb server.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I've had somewhat similar problems. Running Eden v.2 right now in Dharma using Confluence because I figured that would be the easiest to run. But movies are stopping about every 20 minutes or so and I have to hit menu, go back to the movie start page and select "Resume from..." wherever it stopped. All these movies have played before without hiccups. My Media drive is USB (same Fantom drive for over a year) connected to my iMac, and Gen1 ATV is cabled with new shielded ethernet. When the movies stop sometimes there's a sort of buzzing sound, and on some movies the audio sync is out the window. Yet I've played these same movies before and never had the stalling/stopping, or audio sync issues.

How do I post a log that someone can look at?

Doc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atv1 locking up on al movies since eden0