[REQUEST] Add Favorites like Add-On Shortcuts to Home Screen
While I think it's fabulous to have add-ons on the home screen as a submenu, I'm wondering if the same can be done for Favorites too?

I have several favorites set up (eg, Kids Movies, Kids TV, etc) that would be nice to have under the "Videos" Main Menu instead of just Video Add-Ons.

Anyone tried this?
SpringsteenRadio.com: All Boss, All The Time
radioKAOS: killer internet radio
I second that, or maybe change the Title/Genre links with something of your own choosing?

This is how I have it set up atm
But that require you to hack the skin files which isn't so good.
If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them ;)
Currently my MOD can take a favourite as button on home via GUI...
a second favourite will be available with the next version...
about custom subs I will have to take a look at it...maybe on custom favourite or two for movies...

mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Convergence can take addons, favourites or playlists on the main menu Wink
Noli illegitimi carborundum

This is just what I was looking for. I love the new Confluence theme for Eden, but wanted to have the ability to add favorites to the home menu. I was just beginning to get used to the horizontal layout, but a vertical layout is a lot easier to navigate. I must admit that the horizontal layout looks a lot nicer though.

The Aeon Nox theme allowed me to add favorites to the home menu, but I didn't prefer the movie OSD used. I like the movie OSD used in the confluence theme. Since this appears to be based off of the horizontal version of confluence, I assume the movie OSD wasn't changed.

I'll give this a shot when I get home.
While I appreciate the info, I'm really digging the horizontal layout of Confluence!

I think it would be great if FAVs could make it on to submenus.
SpringsteenRadio.com: All Boss, All The Time
radioKAOS: killer internet radio
Tophicles Wrote:While I appreciate the info, I'm really digging the horizontal layout of Confluence!

I think it would be great if FAVs could make it on to submenus.

I had that debate about vertical v horizontal over a year ago and in the end decided that allthough I like the look of a horizontal menu, it felt natural to go vertically. Then Eden came out and Confluence was horizontal Smile

Anyway sorry guys I don't have the time ATM but mad-max may have something in the next update of his Mod

I have found a lot of skins that give you the option to add a specific favorite as a menu or submenu item, but is there an easy way to just add your entire favorites list as a menu item?

The other thing I think would be cool but I'm pretty sure would require more than just a skin tweak is filters on the favorites list (or multiple favorites lists based on context) so I could make a menu button for Video-related favorites and a separate menu button for Program favorites. That way you could put a favorites submenu in each media type. The Videos menu could have a submenu divided into: TV Shows, Movies, Add-ons, and Streams, just by adding the top level of your favorite shows in say the hulu or Free Cable add-ons.
Sad 
Fox Wrote:I second that, or maybe change the Title/Genre links with something of your own choosing?

This is how I have it set up atm
But that require you to hack the skin files which isn't so good.
Oh god, I've been searching for hours to find some instructions on how to do that, but I can't find anything anywhere. I'm fairly new to xbmc customisation, but I thought that would be a pretty simple process.

I've got a smart-playlist set up that shows exactly what I want, I just want a way to open it from the home-screen. IT SHOULD NOT BE THAT DIFFICULT!
But if I add it to favourites, when I click on it the first item plays, not the playlist LIST opens. No

Is there any easy-ish way to get this like you've got there? I don't want to use a different skin, I LIKE Confluence!
If you could describe or link to the instructions with how to hack the skin to do that, I'd be very appreciative.
forumjoe Wrote:Oh god, I've been searching for hours to find some instructions on how to do that, but I can't find anything anywhere. I'm fairly new to xbmc customisation, but I thought that would be a pretty simple process.

I've got a smart-playlist set up that shows exactly what I want, I just want a way to open it from the home-screen. IT SHOULD NOT BE THAT DIFFICULT!
But if I add it to favourites, when I click on it the first item plays, not the playlist LIST opens. No

Is there any easy-ish way to get this like you've got there? I don't want to use a different skin, I LIKE Confluence!
If you could describe or link to the instructions with how to hack the skin to do that, I'd be very appreciative.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, you want to browse the playlist not play it? if so you have to find where the skin calls script.favourites and take out the ",playlists=play" Then you will browse the playlist.

Mudislander Wrote:Just to make sure we're on the same page, you want to browse the playlist not play it? if so you have to find where the skin calls script.favourites and take out the ",playlists=play" Then you will browse the playlist.

That will do the job, yes, but I want to have audio playlists that play, and video playlists that load the playlist. But if I could get a smart-playlist into a submenu like FOX has up there in his screenshot, that would be my ideal outcome.
forumjoe Wrote:That will do the job, yes, but I want to have audio playlists that play, and video playlists that load the playlist. But if I could get a smart-playlist into a submenu like FOX has up there in his screenshot, that would be my ideal outcome.

Have a look at mad-max's modded Confluence and you'll be able to see how to add in submenus, actually think there's a post somewhere in the thread about inserting a submenu

You simply need the appropriate <onclick> event in home.xml or IncludesMainMenuItems...

See here:
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(10025,special://skin/playlists/HDMovies.xsp,return)</onclick>
This opens the playlist...

mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
With Glass you can customise everything, two menu vertical or horizontal and you can add what you want in every menu and sub menu, you can manage color and transparency too.
Support for every script, movieset, actor, and more
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114839
I have 2 kids that add a lot of stuff to favorites. Can you, please, help me out how to remove completely this option from the menu. in the addons or channels list, when I press and hold "menu" botton a new display will shows up including "add to favorites". I just want to remove this one. Thank you all
In the channel or playlist, when I click and hold menu button, a windows will come out. there are many option there including "add to favorite". I want to disable this option "Add to favorite" or delete it completly. How I can do that?. I have a smart kid, and I find him adding some stuff to Favorites.

Please take a look at the pictures below:

http://i43.tinypic.com/10ymjye.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2cwjw2f.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/205y4hh.jpg

Thank you very much for any help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Add Favorites like Add-On Shortcuts to Home Screen0