My setup and CPU cooler advice!
Hey guys,

What a nice community this is and i have been lurking for a while but decided to post, because i need help.

My build:

Case: Antec ISK 300-150 (i use stock case cooling)
Mobo: AsRock A75M-ITX
APU: AMD A8-3870K
Memory: 2x 4GB Ripjaws DDR3-1600 F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL 9-9-9-24

I installed the stock CPU cooler that came with the APU and i do not like it, it's too noisy. Can someone recommend good alternative that will fit the case?

I keep seeing "Thermaltake MeOrb" everywhere but is enough for the A8-3870K?

Or how about the "Scythe Shuriken Rev.B SCSK-1100"? I'm not sure if it fits the case?

Also i hope i dont have a bigger problem.::

The CPU temps were normal with the stock setup but the CPU fan was just too noisy. I tried to control the CPU cooling via Speedfan and UEFI but it didin't get better -> Then the system suddenly got really warm and i lost picture to the tv (HDMI). I haven't touched it since and i just thought i replace the CPU cooler and re-check everything and reinstall the system. Any comments there? Eek

Thanks!
Hey, welcome to the forums!!

so to start with I would recommmend fitting an additional 809mm fan in to the side?! if you havent already!(I'm working off pics Wink ) This should lower the average temp within the case subsequently lowering the temp of air pull/push to cpu!
remember you want air "sucked in", a popular choice is Noctua NF-R8 80mm ( HERE )

Now you have very little clearance and so far I am unable to distinguish the amount with which to "play with" if you could measure the height my suggestions can be confirmed!

I use and recommend the Sycthe Shuriken ( HERE )

an alternative could be the kozuti but I think the shuriken "moves air" better... :O
( HERE )
Love XBMC too check this -> HERE (Last Updated: 25/01/2012)

check out the xbmcmediacentre.com competition!

My hate campaign on optical discs started young, sorry I can't help it. :rolleyes:
kitumoo, your CPU has a TDP of 100W.
so, you need a cooler that can hande such a TDP.

i suggest the Scythe SCBSK-2000 TDP:130W Fan:120mm Height:58mm

as you can see, it'll even effectively cool down 130W TDP CPU's!
Hey guys and thanks for the tips. Before deciding the new CPU cooler i would love some suggestions to fix this:

I get black screen instantly when rebooting with HDMI and VGA. The monitor or TV doesn't report about any video input error, it just goes black instantly. The system was working fine before i tinkered with Speedfan and UEFI but i dont know if that's related to the problem. I tried to get picture with 2 TV's and 1 normal VGA monitor, no luck. All the system fans start normally but no picture...

What could cause this? Something wrong with the APU (gpu?) or perhaps an PSU problem? I'm 98% sure that the APU was installed properly. What to do first?

Thank you!

EDIT: I dont know if this Mobo even does this but i do not get any beeps on boot, no sound, nothing.
Try clearing your CMOS by removing the battery and adjusting the jumper. Instructions should be in the user manual that you can download from here. The information is on page 25.
Sureguy Wrote:Try clearing your CMOS by removing the battery and adjusting the jumper. Instructions should be in the user manual that you can download from here. The information is on page 25.

Hi thanks for reply,

Okay did that, no help. Reseted the CMOS and powered up again, instant boot but still no picture..
Sounds like your BIOS might be corrupt. Which means the MOBO is bricked and needs to be RMA'd. I'd try clearing the CMOS a couple more times.
who knows, might even be RAM here...
memTEST your RAM.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My setup and CPU cooler advice!0