XBMC - Xbox 360 Controller Support Help!
Hello.

First, I downloaded XBMC and am thoroughly impressed. It's exactly the kind of media center for Windows I've been looking for. The only problem is, I need to use an Xbox 360 controller with it. I have a "man-cave" for my entertainment center and it's a real nuisance having to use a clunky keyboard resting on lap.
I've spent 4-5 hours now trying to get it to work. Following the instructions here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/57935245/21/Co...e-Gamepads

The controls I've gotten working with that guide are: B, A, L&R Trigger and than the L stick adjusts the volume.

As of now I don't know how to configure the control map to my liking.

I hope that makes some sense. It's 2:23 AM here. I really need to go to bed.

Goodnight.
My recommendation is to use the XBOX 360 Controller Event Client

https://rapidshare.com/files/4218017702/...Client.exe

The buttons are mapped perfectly, and you don't have to configure anything. Plus, XBMC will work even when it is not in focus.

The program has to be running in order for the controller to work with xbmc. I use a batch file so they both open at the same time. Something along these lines will work:

@echo off
C:
cd XBMC
start /wait /b Xbox360EventClient.exe
start /wait /b XBMC.exe
exit
Thanks for the suggestion.

Would the event client mess stuff up if I launched a game from XBMC? That's the problem I've read about with event client.

Could you be more specific about how to set up the event client and how to make the batch file you recommended?

I only just started get into this Media Center stuff, so forgive my lack of understanding.

Thanks for the help.
I thought there was already a keymap file included now with XBMC for the XBox controller? It's in the Keymaps directory
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Abacusrex Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion.

Would the event client mess stuff up if I launched a game from XBMC? That's the problem I've read about with event client.

Could you be more specific about how to set up the event client and how to make the batch file you recommended?

I only just started get into this Media Center stuff, so forgive my lack of understanding.

Thanks for the help.

I'm not completely sure, as I've never used emulators through XBMC. I would imagine the event client would keep receiving every button press. I dunno that it would mess anything up, but it would probably navigate through your menu quite a bit in the background.

Setting up the event client is easy. Just run that .exe file I linked while XBMC is open and you should be ready to go.

The batch file is also easy, but can depend on your configuration. I'm going to assume you have a default XBMC installation, with Windows 7 x64, and that you copied the event client to your XBMC directory (but you can edit it to fit your parameters).

Open notepad and paste:

@echo off
cd ..
cd ..
cd ..
cd ..
C:
cd Program Files (x86)
cd XBMC
start /wait /b XBMC.exe
exit

Save the file as XBMC.bat on your desktop.

When you run that .bat, a black dos prompt should stay open (that's the event client) and XBMC should start.

If you have any problems with making the .bat, just write where your XBMC directory is stored and I can probably make a more personalized .bat for you.

Good Luck
Thanks, that worked.

I've been thinking about what I'm trying to accomplish and I don't see either an Xbox 360 Keymap.XML file nor a event client to be the ideal solution.

I want to use the controller on the windows desktop as well as XBMC. To do this I'll use Xpadder and have it launch on Windows start-up. I'll than setup a profile that works for both XBMC and on Windows desktop. What I need to figure out is how to have Xpadder closed or disabled when a game is started from within XBMC and than reopened on exit of game.

I've heard it could be done with Autoit, Xpadder and XBMC.

If anyone has an idea about above ideas, I'd be grateful. Smile
Thumbs Up 
DDDamian Wrote:I thought there was already a keymap file included now with XBMC for the XBox controller? It's in the Keymaps directory

I found that the one that comes with Eden beta 2 doesn't work properly even after changing the controller name appropriately. I did however find one on pastebin that works great. Here is the link: http://pastebin.com/WENS5RKA
ihaterich Wrote:I'm not completely sure, as I've never used emulators through XBMC. I would imagine the event client would keep receiving every button press. I dunno that it would mess anything up, but it would probably navigate through your menu quite a bit in the background.

Setting up the event client is easy. Just run that .exe file I linked while XBMC is open and you should be ready to go.

The batch file is also easy, but can depend on your configuration. I'm going to assume you have a default XBMC installation, with Windows 7 x64, and that you copied the event client to your XBMC directory (but you can edit it to fit your parameters).

Open notepad and paste:

@echo off
cd ..
cd ..
cd ..
cd ..
C:
cd Program Files (x86)
cd XBMC
start /wait /b XBMC.exe
exit

Save the file as XBMC.bat on your desktop.

When you run that .bat, a black dos prompt should stay open (that's the event client) and XBMC should start.

If you have any problems with making the .bat, just write where your XBMC directory is stored and I can probably make a more personalized .bat for you.

Good Luck

is there any way to stop the games i launch in xbmc to stop messing up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - Xbox 360 Controller Support Help!0