• 23(current)
[RELEASE] Fusion Migma v2
This is my favourite skin. One thing that I would love to have is the postergrid view for TV shows (like the one for movies), this is basically the only thing that bugs me about the skin.
(2012-03-12, 20:57)Rygrath Wrote: Gave it a shot, but didn't seem to fix it for me. Only the home screen is giving me 3fps. Everywhere else throughout the skin works perfectly. I went as far as completely deleting the skin folder. Clearing all Fusion entries in the Guisettings.xml file and reinstalling from scratch. Even with everything at default it's still doing it.

Tried downgrading to XBMC RC1, but that work either. Being I seem to be the only one having this, based on no other posts about low fps on the home screen. I'm not sure what else to do here. I have about 10 other skins installed, can't seem to replicate this on any of them.

Here's a screenshot showing the system info just to show what it does.

Different topic, but I just wanted to use the screenshot you provided. On my system the "storage space info" section just shows "unavailable" for everything. I am running xbmc in Linux, might that be the problem? Here is what mine looks like:

I can drop your wish on the request list, shouldn't be a big deal.
Concerning your screenshot, what happens if you go to system info by pressing settings? Or maybe switching to another skin and see if there's any info?
(2012-04-21, 14:23)butchabay Wrote: I can drop your wish on the request list, shouldn't be a big deal.
Concerning your screenshot, what happens if you go to system info by pressing settings? Or maybe switching to another skin and see if there's any info?

Thanks!

Here is a screenshot of what the storage screen looks like in the system info menu:

butcha, I know you are planning to add PVR in the future, what about animated backgrounds?
I am really a fan of that feature.
Yeah, PVR will be added once it will be a part of xbmc. Animated Backgrounds already mentioned that i won't add this feature, sorry.
ooops, I missed that, it's okay Smile
Hey Butchabay, thanks for the latest update. The artist logos on the now playing screen look great!

Quick question:

Have you, or anybody else noticed that while scrolling through the movies section, it sometimes stalls or gets stuck on a movie before it gets to the next? It basically freezes XBMC for 3 - 4 seconds before I can navigate again.

It's happened ever since I started using Fusion.

I have XBMC installed on an SSD drive with an i5 processor, so I don't think my computer is too slow.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks, John

(2012-04-23, 17:11)JohnVee Wrote: Hey Butchabay, thanks for the latest update. The artist logos on the now playing screen look great!

Quick question:

Have you, or anybody else noticed that while scrolling through the movies section, it sometimes stalls or gets stuck on a movie before it gets to the next? It basically freezes XBMC for 3 - 4 seconds before I can navigate again.

It's happened ever since I started using Fusion.

I have XBMC installed on an SSD drive with an i5 processor, so I don't think my computer is too slow.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks, John

Where is your media stored? External HD or Network? I have the same problem but not only with fusion, i may think the hdd goes idle and when awaking you feel you get stuck a few seconds until it goes forward. Something you can try is to disable option to fetch metadata or everything that's stored external, artworks, extrafanart, extrathumbs, logos etc. Just try to disable everything, even fanart if it's stored locally.
You're using Ember Media Manager for scraping?
Really don't think it's a skin issue, you may try other skins supporting all the actual artwork and see if it happens too.
As said, i could reproduce it on every actual skin supporting all the extras, that may cause slowdowns by browsing.
[/quote]

Where is your media stored? External HD or Network? I have the same problem but not only with fusion, i may think the hdd goes idle and when awaking you feel you get stuck a few seconds until it goes forward. Something you can try is to disable option to fetch metadata or everything that's stored external, artworks, extrafanart, extrathumbs, logos etc. Just try to disable everything, even fanart if it's stored locally.
You're using Ember Media Manager for scraping?
Really don't think it's a skin issue, you may try other skins supporting all the actual artwork and see if it happens too.
As said, i could reproduce it on every actual skin supporting all the extras, that may cause slowdowns by browsing.

[/quote]

Hey Butcha, thanks for taking the time to respond back.

All my media is stored locally on four 2TB internal hard drives, with all the scraping done by Ember Media Manager. Before I used Fusion, I was using MQ3. I never noticed it to get stuck while browsing, (Used it for about four months before switching to Fusion). I do, however, remember the same thing happening back when I used Cirrus Extended V2 though. Those are the only skins I've really used long enough to notice if it does it or not.

Just wanted to see if it was something I was doing wrong, or if anyone else experienced it too.

When I re scrape my library, I will make sure all the options to fetch artwork is disabled. If I notice it fixes the problem, I'll PM you and let you know.

Also, would it be possible to have fanart displayed in files mode please? I still use files mode to view my documentaries, concerts, and stand-up comedy.

The posters come in fine in list view, but there is no option to display your fanart.

It would be really awesome if you could throw a posterfix3 view in there too Smile
I see what i can do, no promises Smile
(2012-04-24, 23:58)butchabay Wrote: I see what i can do, no promises Smile

Thanks for considering.
Hey. Love the skin. Far and away the best out there imo. Anyways, I registered to submit a couple of bugs.

Here's a screenshot that demonstrates one of them (just a visual thing): http://chattypics.com/files/ss_810xrqmcxv.png

The text and buttons ends up outside the box not only on the overlay but also on a lot of menus.

Here's a little snippet from the xbmc log. Not sure if it's related, but the timestamp puts it around the time I took the screenshot.
Quote:12:17:35 T:17912 NOTICE: running thread: video_thread
12:17:35 T:24572 ERROR: unable to load:C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.fusionmigma.2\720p\VideoOverlay.xml, Line 0
Failed to open file
12:17:35 T:17912 NOTICE: fps: 23.976024, pwidth: 1280, pheight: 720, dwidth: 1280, dheight: 720
12:17:35 T:17912 NOTICE: Display resolution DESKTOP : 1360x768 @ 60.00 - Full Screen (12)
12:17:35 T:17912 NOTICE: D3D: rendering method forced to DXVA2 processor
12:17:55 T:24572 ERROR: Control 1 in window 10099 has been asked to focus, but it can't

The other bug is a bit more annoying. Sometimes it won't download posters for shows. It just creates an empty, 0 byte file (the ones that end in .tbn) in the images folder after I've selected a new thumbnail. I don't have any logs with the problem at the moment because I've been putting the files in there manually to get around it. Works fine for most shows, but a couple have been problematic: e.g., Sons of Anarchy, The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones, and An Idiot Abroad (that I can think of offhand). The error looks similar to this:

Quote:12:37:00 T:21580 ERROR: CPicture::CacheImage Unable to create new image special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/e/e303b324.tbn from image
Thanx glad you like it, but both bugs you're describing are not skin related:
1. You've a wrong resolution (calibrate)
2. Same here not skin related.

• 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Fusion Migma v24