live TV
Hi!

Can we have short cuts on the live TV option?
What exactly do you mean with this?
PVR support for the skin?
My MOD has it...

Or is there something else you want to have?

cheers,
mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Well I like the default Confluence, and I like that we can put short cuts under each thing (like programs, videos, music) but it doesn't seem to have the same options for Live TV, I want to put a channel as a shortcut under Live TV.

Does that make sense? Does your mod do that?

Thanks!
oneadvent Wrote:Does that make sense? Does your mod do that?
Thanks!
Yes, that totally makes sense...
so some kind of submenu where you can choose your two or three favourite channels...
To be honest, my mod is not able to do this, but it might be quite simple to achieve this...
Let me dig a bit into this pvr stuff and hopefully I can help you...

mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Awesome thanks!

It would really bring it together I think.
Have you made any progress with this? I'm really excited about it.
I am also very interested in this..
I found a thread similar to this but it only had the possibility to add shortcuts to plugins and not tv channels from the pvr.

Anyone got this working?

1. I too would need shortcuts on the LiveTV home screen section. However, I would need considerably more than 3-5 shortcuts to specific channels. In addition to the said 3-5 shortcuts, I would also need shortcuts to several LiveTV-related plugins and addons. At the minimum, I would need (a) a shortcut to the SuperTV program, and (b) a shortcut to the TV Next Aired script. It is easy to see that the minimum optimum number of shortcuts is more likely to be in the region of 10, which surpasses, I think, the capacities of a sub-menu solution. The better solution for 10 shortcuts would seem to be a home panel, like the one implemented by mudislander for his (old) Confluence Lite Mod skin.

2. Another elegant solution is provided by mudislander's Hybrid skin (and was previously provided by his Convergence skin). This involves a home menu section (called "Streaming", which naturally can be modified) which points to maximally five single .strm files. You can have as many .strm files as you need in a subfolder, then easily pick the 5 ones you need from the skin settings configuration window.

3. That said, I would counsel against shortcuts. IMO shortcutting is a bad idea in XBMC: in contrast to shrotcutting in Windows or Linux, it takes up too much screen estate. Also in contrast to Windows or Linux, they come at a cost of a perceptible loss in UI responsiveness (speed), For these reasons I generally prefer sub-menus to shortcuts. They are not only more efficient, they look (IMO) neater, cleaner, and more professional.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
live TV0