Build setup - No video
Hi,

I build my HTPC with an ASRock A75M-ITX and an A8 proc. Installed one memory module of 4 GB.

The moment I insert the power cord, the systems 'boots', however I am getting no video over VGA or HDMI.

Any idea what is happening or what I should do ?

Regards,
Deva
Clear CMOS, refer to your motherboard instruction booklet for the 'how to'

usually performed by using the JUMPER or Pin Shorting or Removing Battery
That did it, thanks eskro !
I have the same problem with my current build.

I have tried both resetting the CMOS as well as the battery removal.

Is there anything else I can try?

One thing I noticed was that when I plug in a USB mouse, the light is only on for a split second and turns off.

Everything else seems to be working fine (fans operational, HD spinning, video card fan operating).

Thanks.
You might have a mobo/ram compatibility issue (I did, you can read about it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119876 )

If you have a pc speaker (I didn't) it should beep if there is an issue with ram. I would try to, (if you have two sticks) remove one and retry, switch places and retry, or try a different stick of ram if you can.

The issue is that some mobos don't properly recognize the ram and may set the voltage and/or timings wrong. Under wrong timings and voltage, ram may not work.Once you get it to boot, go into bios and change the ram voltage and timings, then it should be fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Build setup - No video0