Can I add a section to the main menu just for 'recently added' shows?
Love the skin!
Although the ability to get to recently added TV shows by navigating down from 'TV Shows' in the main menu isn't too bad, I was wondering if there was a way to add a separate new section to the main menu with only new TV shows.
Sort of like a 'favorites' section automatically populated with shows imported to XBMC via Sickbeard?
The recently added episodes does that afaik. You can add that to favorites and assign to main menu.
Thanks, I guess I should have guessed that it would be something as simple as that!
Ok, next stupid question : how do I add the entire recently added TV shows list as a favorite? I can add individual shows by using the menu, but I'd like to automatically populate the list.
Even better would be some kind of list that gets populated directly from Sickbeard, but that is me dreaming!
Big Grin No dreaming needed Wink
The question here is: Do you want "Recently Added" to be populated by shows, that are unwatched or do you want it to be populated by recently added items - regardless if they are watched or not?
Either way: Smart playlists are the way to go:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Smart_Playlist

You can create playlists with episodes which aired in the last X days, or - for some purposes even better - with episodes which aired in the last X days and which are currently not wachted... So you get not only 'recently added' but also 'recently added and unwatched'. Then you can favourite the playlist and put it on your home-screen. The playlist will also update itself automaticly Smile
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Much obliged HenryFord, I appreciate the information.
I'll try it out tonight!
Ok, I've set up the rudimentary part of the smartlist, in that I've got it pointed to the correct network path for the tv shows.
How do I add a rule to filter on status=unwatched?
I can't seem to find any documentation on the values that are acceptable in rules...

Thanks!
Type = Episodes
Rule:
PlayCount less than 1

That should be it!
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I add a section to the main menu just for 'recently added' shows?0