[RELEASE] Wake-On-Lan (WOL) Script Addon
mandark Wrote:i have used the WOL-script for a while, but i was missing the notification of the success or failure of waking-attempt. additionally i'd also like to launch the remote-PC when accessing a certain favourite or (custom) menu-item. so i took things into my own hand and created a version 2.0.0 of the WOL-addon.

here are the changes:
Code:
- Added verification of wakeup-command by pinging remote computer
- Added on-screen-notifications during verification (waiting for answer, answer received or error)
- Added setting for IP or Host-Address (used for ping)
- Added setting for timeout (used for ping)
- Added possibility to provide another XBMC-command as a parameter, which will then be launched
  either immediately or not until the remote computer is available. Behaviour can be set by a second parameter:
  - False: launch immediately (default)
  - True: wait for remote computer
- Added german language
- Changed wakeup-method to the built in XBMC-command WakeOnLan()
- Changed Addon-Icon

download mirrors:
http://www.share.cx/files/353363771680/s...0.zip.html
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IMZ9TKXR

I'm having trouble using this on OSX (AppleTV v3.0.2) with XBMC 10.1.
It does send the wake-up packet, but then xbmc issues a script error.
I suspect the ping.py part -- does 'frontrow' user have sufficient privs?

Thanks
I wonder if this can be made to wake up a NAS in case a movie located on that NAS is selected to be played?

Don´t know if that makes sense because there is a bootup delay and the xbmc play command will probably timeout?
If not, did someone manage to link this to a button on the remote ? (I think "print" on the mce remote is pretty much useless for me ;-) )
mandark Wrote:i have used the WOL-script for a while, but i was missing the notification of the success or failure of waking-attempt. additionally i'd also like to launch the remote-PC when accessing a certain favourite or (custom) menu-item. so i took things into my own hand and created a version 2.0.0 of the WOL-addon.

here are the changes:
Code:
- Added verification of wakeup-command by pinging remote computer
- Added on-screen-notifications during verification (waiting for answer, answer received or error)
- Added setting for IP or Host-Address (used for ping)
- Added setting for timeout (used for ping)
- Added possibility to provide another XBMC-command as a parameter, which will then be launched
  either immediately or not until the remote computer is available. Behaviour can be set by a second parameter:
  - False: launch immediately (default)
  - True: wait for remote computer
- Added german language
- Changed wakeup-method to the built in XBMC-command WakeOnLan()
- Changed Addon-Icon

and here a screenshot:

download mirrors:
http://www.share.cx/files/353363771680/s...0.zip.html
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IMZ9TKXR

@konan: i hope you don't mind, if i "hijack" your addon. :o
feel free to integrate my changes to sourceforge and/or submit an updated version to the XBMC-addon-repository!

The changes you made are indeed handy. However I have 2 requests:
1. Any chance of removing the pinging sound (or make it configurable).
2. Perhaps more difficult.. but would it be possible to execute the add-on on xbmc startup?

Thanks.
Does anyone have this new script? Can't find it ...
Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Question 
Hi - I'm also in need of a wake-on-lan script to wake up my server from within XBMC. Ideally this would happen as soon as I open XBMC.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a script to do this?

Cheers.
hi everyone!

sorry for not responding to any questions or requests, but i haven't been here for a while.

i have some good news! i've decided to create a totally new addon for XBMC Eden called "Advanced Wake On Lan", which incorporates several feature-requests stated here:
  • removed pinging sound
  • ability to autostart script with XBMC
  • ability to wake different servers independently

please head over to the thread of that new addon to take a look at it, and state any futher questions about it there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Wake-On-Lan (WOL) Script Addon0