Help me this HTPC Solution. MBP+ATV2 ?
Question 
Hey folks, thanks in advance for the help I've learned a lot lurking around the past couple of months.

Anyway, my friend has a Macbook Pro and recently purchased an Apple TV 2. I installed seasonpass with XBMC, Icefilms, and a couple of other things. It runs kinda flaky (especially for HD content) so I was wondering if there's a solution to install XBMC on the Macbook Pro and "push" it wirelessly to the television. This way, the macbook could even be a remote control of sorts and it would have more processing power to render the HD video.

What would you advise be the best setup for him? He would rather not plug the macbook directly into the television but if that's the ONLY method of getting optimal results, perhaps we can try it. Is there a way, though, to just mirror everything on the macbook to Apple TV's XBMC?

I'm still new to all of this so feel free to ask any questions if it will help you, help me. Big Grin

EDIT: Should I have posted this in the IOS section? Sorry, I just saw that so MODS, feel free to move it.
I have installed seasonpass on the ATV2 along with XBMC and Icefilms. Is there a way to install XBMC on the macbook and just stream the content wirelessly? Right now, The ATV2 is unusable for HD content from Icefilms and other add-ons like that. Using add-ons like Icefilms, Navi-X, and Hulu, etc will be the primary function of this setup. (Not ripping or streaming videos from a personal file server)

I asked this in the other forum but couldn't find it, so I guess it got deleted. (??)
I appreciate any kind of advice because I'm new to this and relatively new to Apple products.
There is no way to mirror a Mac's screen to an ATV2, but people speculate that Apple might add that someday. The reason things seem flaky is probably because you're trying to playback non H.264 HD files. Certain sites (that can't be discussed here because they're blatant piracy) insist on using the older DIVX codec, which the ATV2 does not hardware decode. This is okay for SD content, but for HD content it will not playback without stutters and jumping, etc.
Also, threads merged

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help me this HTPC Solution. MBP+ATV2 ?0