Media Organisation & aeon nox skin
Hi,
I am fairly new to xbmc and the aeon nox skin, so apologies if these questions have been answered elsewhere!.

What is the best way to organise my movies if i want to use them with the aeon nox skin, and be able to scroll through all my movies using the 'low list' view?

- Should all the movie files be in the one folder, or their own separate folders?

- if all files are in separate folders, can i use the 'low list' display style to scroll the list of movies and the right/left keys to see movie information.... of do i need to go into each folder individually then to be able to see the movie info? Ideally i can scroll my list of movies top to bottom using the right key to see more movie info, and the left key to go to play the trailer.

- Should I tag the files using some tagging software before adding the main folder as a video source in xbmc?

- Does the xbmc import overwrite the tagging i might have done with external software?

- what file/folder structure works best with this skin for fanart/tuumbnails/actor pics etc...

I have tried a number of ways of doing this, but cannot seem to get a satisfactory outcome!

Any help on how i should go about the tagging/import and settings would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Brian
Use one folder for each movie.

Add the root movie folder as source in XBMC and select that it contains movies and should be scraped (by either IMDB or TMDB). Let XBMC scrape the files.

Done.

This allows Aeon Nox to show movie fanart / info for each movie, as the movies are imported into the XBMC database, and all info are scraped. Should you later wish to, you can even export all the fanart, cover images etc. to seperate folders, so that each movie folder contains the movie, the info and all the images.

FFY
fungify Wrote:This allows Aeon Nox to show movie fanart / info for each movie, as the movies are imported into the XBMC database, and all info are scraped. Should you later wish to, you can even export all the fanart, cover images etc. to seperate folders, so that each movie folder contains the movie, the info and all the images.
FFY

Where are these fanarts and cover images (scraped by xbmc) stored... I know some media manager programs allow you to download a number of fan-art images etc... who would I then choose which image is used?

if i use your suggestion then and copy the xbmc scraped fanart/cover images into the individual movie folders, does xbmc then start reading them from there... can I then just drop more fan art images into the movie folders?

sorry for all the questions - total noob here!.

If xbmc scraper cannot identify the movie, can i manually tag it, or tell it the ibdm id or something like that?

thakns for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Organisation & aeon nox skin0