"Send Text" sending wrong characters?
When I use the Android keyboard and "Send Text" to XMBC, it seems to send the wrong characters. For example all 'l' letters are turned into 'a', meaning a search for "alley cat" on the YouTube plugin will result in "aaaey cat" on screen.

Anyone else having this problem or know a cure?

Android 2.0 on HTC Hero
I'm having a problem similar to this.

My phone and Kindle Fire will either send a truncated string or they will send wrong characters.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere that will fix this?

Running XBMC Eden B1 on ATV2.
How did you get this on the Kindle (non-rooted)? I haven't had any luck.
You need to download the app to your phone or computer, then use the USB cable to transfer the file to your kindle.

You will probably also need a file explorer on your kindle to locate and run the file that you transfer over. I believe this can be downloaded from the amazon app store.
Is anyone else having this issue?

OP, on what platform are you running XBMC? Maybe this is an ATV issue.
jfatica Wrote:You need to download the app to your phone or computer, then use the USB cable to transfer the file to your kindle.

You will probably also need a file explorer on your kindle to locate and run the file that you transfer over. I believe this can be downloaded from the amazon app store.

Actually, I found a simpler way.

http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...t?can=1&q=
Here is the log.

I'm not really sure how to read this, but I start the text entry process around 11:02:14 I think.

Can anyone tell me anything from this?

I tried using text entry on the xbmc remote app and sent "Sexy and I know it"

The only thing it searched for is the "S"

http://pastebin.com/1HU4Mia1
jfatica Wrote:OP, on what platform are you running XBMC? Maybe this is an ATV issue.
This is OpenElec (Linux) on a Zotac ND22.
In the meantime I discovered that the problem only persists when I use lowercase letters - if I type everyting in UPPERCASE there's no problem Confused
Wow, thanks for figuring this out! Worked for me too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Send Text" sending wrong characters?0